• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Other then the battle tree where else can you battle Grimsley?

The Black and White games.

I'm fairly certain the Battle Tree is it.

Its people leaping to conclusions. I think the crux of hte problem was a few people read the text dump and assumed based on things like Looker/Nanu's backstory alongside Anabel. And since that was a big period where everyone was grabbing everything at face value, it just stuck. I'll just dump all this under a spoiler real quick
The beasts are destructive and at least one ultra beast (probably Guzzlord) appeared in Anabel's world, but there's nothing to say they invaded in force & devoured the original timeline anywhere. In fact, it's more likely that it's a similar situation to the Nihielgo appearence in the middle of the story: a hole temporarly opened, an ultra beast appeared and since its confused and probably scared it lashes out at the battle tower area before the hole reopens and sucks it (& anabel) through.

It's also worth noting that ultra beasts have shown up several times in the past in Alola alone. It's always implied to be temporary appearances (they explicitly didn't take care of the Guzzlord that appeared in the past and its different from the one we deal with). The ones that are the basis for the Looker post game are very unusual because of what Lusamine did: there's usually not this many all at once.

Considering they're manageable by a very small, but experienced team it would have to be a huge number of ultra beasts coming through which I just can't see without another lusamine x 2 disaster

Ah, that makes more sense now. Thanks!

TiredButAwake

I restarted my game because i didnt like how the girls didnt have actual backpacks.

Do i have to make a new pokemon trainer club account or can i register a new thing on pgl and delete the old one?

Watchog

Lv. 50
Few questions regarding Sun & Moon (that's all)

1. Where can i find Blizzard and Fire Blast?

2. What Pokémon give sp atk and speed EVs for training?

3. Where is the Hidden Power person located?

4. Can i find more Apricorn Pokeballs in the game other than the ones Oak gave me?

Watchog

Lv. 50
I got my thread moved inside of another random thread. Only in Serebii, why am i not surprised.

There is a thread for literally everything on this site isn't there, i bet there's even a thread for taking a ****. Why do we even have the option of making threads.

I guess i'll go ask my questions at gamefaqs or something. No wonder i haven't posted in Serebii in years. A very good website but the forums are the worst i've ever seen in my life.

TyranatarGojira

Do we have a confirmation that not all mega evolution stones have made it into the game?
So far the Mega stones for Pokemon you can't catch in SM haven't been obtainable. Hopefully this will change once the Bank compatibility starts. There are a few possibilities I can see.
1-Just make them avaliable. Have someone who hands them out, add them to the prizes at battle tree, have shops in Festival Plaza sell them, something.
2- Events. Possibly via QR code. Maybe scan the code and then get them via delivery person.
3- Buy the Nintendo Switch version. Hopfully not. This would be a real screw over for anyone not adopting that early, or who just wants to play it on their 3DS.

Buy the way Kanto Oak is in the game right? Where is he?
Doubles are much easier to earn BP in all honesty. This has been the case since DPPt for me
I miss triples
Singles.
While doubles are easier, they take slightly more time too.
Always do the battle tree/maison with EV trained/IV bred pokemon, never with ingame pokemon.
You pretty much need optimized Pokemon to get through. Can't wait to import my good IV dittos.

BCVM22

I know, it's always the wrong place in Serebii. That's why i've been trying to avoid the forums like the aids. I tried to give it a chance but apparently they are as bad as the last time.

So... the forum's problem is that when you post things in the visibly marked wrong place, they get corrected by getting locked or moved?

Top of this page. Right above your last post.

BlitzGirl41

I know, it's always the wrong place in Serebii. That's why i've been trying to avoid the forums like the aids. I tried to give it a chance but apparently they are as bad as the last time.

Where?

Or you can try to post in an already established thread. I think the ones here are pretty self-explanatory, so I'm sure you can find one that matches what you want to talk about.

Watchog

Lv. 50
So... the forum's problem is that when you post things in the visibly marked wrong place, they get corrected by getting locked or moved?

Something like that. The problem is that even though you are allowed to make a thread they already have a thread for every. single. possible. thing, so even if it's in the right place it still gets moved somewhere else regardless, and it makes everything more confusing.

Like just now, how was i supposed to know that your post were answers to my questions and not someone else?

BlitzGirl41

Something like that. The problem is that even though you are allowed to make a thread they already have a thread for every. single. possible. thing, so even if it's in the right place it still gets moved somewhere else regardless, and it makes everything more confusing.

Like just now, how was i supposed to know that your post were answers to my questions and not someone else?

It's best to by nature stick with what's already set up on this site. I'm sure that the Serebii moderators can make new threads as the need calls for them.

Boils down to not everyone using "Reply With Quote", which I personally try to use religiously so there's no confusion like what you experienced. Would be nice, too, if we got notifications whenever our posts are directly quoted!

BCVM22

Something like that. The problem is that even though you are allowed to make a thread they already have a thread for every. single. possible. thing

Yes. So why is that a problem?

so even if it's in the right place it still gets moved somewhere else regardless, and it makes everything more confusing.

But... that's not true. If you post in the right place, it gets left alone... because it's in the right place.

Among other things (all of your answers are in the Sun & Moon section on the website), that's partially on me for not quoting your post while answering (I got lazy), partially on you for not making the connection (it did come right after your post, and the answers don't really correspond to anything else) and partially on the board infrastructure for starting a new page (as it is designed to do).

TiredButAwake

Yes. So why is that a problem?

But... that's not true. If you post in the right place, it gets left alone... because it's in the right place.

Among other things (all of your answers are in the Sun & Moon section on the website), that's partially on me for not quoting your post while answering (I got lazy), partially on you for not making the connection (it did come right after your post, and the answers don't really correspond to anything else) and partially on the board infrastructure for starting a new page (as it is designed to do).

You two should stick to the topic of this thread. Lets agree that everyone should be able to know where to post things and if they dont its their own problem. They can still easily find it by looking on their profile. End of story.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Does anyone have any idea where is the best place to get Castform? I accidentally knocked out 1 I saw on Route 17 and for about 8 hours I couldn't find another one (meanwhile about 10+ Goomy were SOSed). Does Haina Desert always have the possibility of Castform since its always under weather like Route 17? I'm almost through evolving everything possible while scouting for that Castform and my Golisopod is already level 55 (our boy Guzma is in for a REALLY bad time when I finally bother to visit him in the shady house) from all that finding.

From what I can gather, weather-based SOS Pokémon tend to be incredibly rare. I have no idea why Castform is often listed three times on the Pokéarth pages, as I have never found one either.

wow so I have to replay my moon to get a moonball lunala.

Well that suuuucks.

I can't find any info about the pokeball shop in the festival plaza. Is there anyone who can confirm if there are any moonballs available there? Every guide I've looked up doesn't have a list of the festival plaza ball shop items.

No one has found any alternate ways to get the Apricorn Balls aside fromm the ones Professor Samson gives you. Short of hacking the game, you'll have to make do with the single ones.

Singles.
While doubles are easier, they take slightly more time too.
Always do the battle tree/maison with EV trained/IV bred pokemon, never with ingame pokemon.

Well, except for when you've just gotten started. I always begin with my in-game team because any other way is incredibly time-consuming. To effectively EV-train and IV-breed, you need the items the battle facilities give you.

Huh, interesting. I haven't seen anything in-game to suggest that yet (though I'm not done the UB sidequest yet), and I can't really see how the Ultra Beasts have the capacity to destroy the world entirely in the first place. Do some good damage, sure, but beyond that?

Though I suppose the original timeline doesn't have Mega Rayquaza to come down in times of trouble (as I assume it would for a world-endangering threat even if that threat isn't the Primals). But it still has everything else non-Mega/Primal related.

Theoretically, anything that can cleave dimensional portals the way the Ultra Beasts can is also capable of causing violations in the laws of physics, which can put an end to a universe.

For instance, our universe has a near infinitesimally small--but not zero--chance that a freak accident can cause photons to have mass. This anomaly will quickly spread all over the universe, destroying everything the photons with mass touches, causing our universe to collapse. Another cause is proton decay: Protons are actually very, very, very slightly unstable and will decay into more basic subatomic particles. Since protons are a staple building block of atoms, this causes any atoms whose protons decay to become unstable and cease to be that atom. Objects whose protons decay will melt into a sort of amorphous blob of raw subatomic particles. (The half-life of protons is ludicrously long though, like on the order of a googol years.)

That is, if a single being does not have universe-destroying force, it can still destroy a universe at the quantum level. I don't know if any of the Ultra Beasts is associated with that or not though. If any of them are capable of it besides the Ultra Wormholes (which would make Cosmog the most destructive Ultra Beast of all, as it can destroy the fabric of spacetime), it'd be Guzzlord: If it converted all of the mass of an ocean to energy, that's enough energy to vaporize an entire solar system.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I've done it about 20 times now. It's luck based, but it can be a good way to get a clothing piece you want but can't get in your own version. I'd probably be utilizing it even more if I was playing Moon.

thats true, i checked the other vips and they had other items that could be ordered. it does help if they have a few items that id like to have in my game. im not sure what id put to match them yet but im sure i'll find something for it.

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
Do we know if the Beast Balls are passed down through breeding?