• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
If I have a female of one species in a Pokeball and a male of another species in a Moon Ball breed, will they have a chance to pass down either ball?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Aside from the changes mentioned on Serebii's ev training page for Sun and Moon, ev training is the same as it was in gen 5, correct?

Also, I'm having trouble understanding the S.O.S. version of ev training. How does the mentioned multiplication of evs factor in? Like is it times 2 for each called in 'mon or does it keep multiplying by two as more get called in or something?

Also, are wings in this game (health wing, muscle wing, etc).

Akashin

If I have a female of one species in a Pokeball and a male of another species in a Moon Ball breed, will they have a chance to pass down either ball?

I don't think so... Unless it's changed, in this case it should just be Pokeball 100% of the time.

Aside from the changes mentioned on Serebii's ev training page for Sun and Moon, ev training is the same as it was in gen 5, correct?

Also, I'm having trouble understanding the S.O.S. version of ev training. How does the mentioned multiplication of evs factor in? Like is it times 2 for each called in 'mon or does it keep multiplying by two as more get called in or something?

Also, are wings in this game (health wing, muscle wing, etc).

No, it isn't compounded. If you're fighting a Spearow (1 Speed EV) and you're using the Power Bracer, that Spearow will give 9 Speed EVs while all called Spearow will give 18. This becomes 18 and 36 respectively if Pokerus is involved, naturally.

And I'm pretty sure the Wings can only be gotten as random drops on the ground from fighting certain Pokemon (maybe only Fearow), but don't quote me on that.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
No, it isn't compounded. If you're fighting a Spearow (1 Speed EV) and you're using the Power Bracer, that Spearow will give 9 Speed EVs while all called Spearow will give 18. This becomes 18 and 36 respectively if Pokerus is involved, naturally.

And I'm pretty sure the Wings can only be gotten as random drops on the ground from fighting certain Pokemon (maybe only Fearow), but don't quote me on that.
It's been so long since used power items and pkrs since I only used super training and vitamins in gen 6. I get that power items now give 8 of their designated stat instead of the old 4. Macho brace or pkrs will double evs gained (so a spearow would give 2 instead of usual 1) and both on a pokemon would double and then double again (so that spearow would now give 4 evs) and a power item (example bracer) and pkrs, the pkrs will double the evs and the power item (so 1+8=9x2 is 18). I'm understanding all that correctly, right?

So then with that being true...called in 'mons each, not more depending on the amount called in, just double the evs again?

And at least wings are in this game. I do very precise ev training and I'll need them because they were stupid enough to take super training out.

Also, I heard that the ball the baby gets is either of the parents except if one is a ditto, then believe it matches the ball the non-ditto has.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
How long on average does it take for HA Pokemon to show up in SOS battles? I almost have my 6IV Smeargle to use for breeding so I want to catch my first competitive Pokemon but it's HA is considerably better than its regular abilities IMO.

I hunted Vulpix with snow warning and it took around 10-20 kills before one popped up, once number seven already had it.

All in all quite doable with the right hunting team I think, not by far as long as you'd chain for shinies. They tend to have pretty decent IVs to start working with by then too.

Akashin

It's been so long since used power items and pkrs since I only used super training and vitamins in gen 6. I get that power items now give 8 of their designated stat instead of the old 4. Macho brace or pkrs will double evs gained (so a spearow would give 2 instead of usual 1) and both on a pokemon would double and then double again (so that spearow would now give 4 evs) and a power item (example bracer) and pkrs, the pkrs will double the evs and the power item (so 1+8=9x2 is 18). I'm understanding all that correctly, right?

So then with that being true...called in 'mons each, not more depending on the amount called in, just double the evs again?

And at least wings are in this game. I do very precise ev training and I'll need them because they were stupid enough to take super training out.

Also, I heard that the ball the baby gets is either of the parents except if one is a ditto, then believe it matches the ball the non-ditto has.

Yeah, you've got it. Being called in via SOS is just another x2 multiplier, regardless of how many times they've called.

And is that right? I don't really bother with breeding down balls, so that isn't really my forté.

Can you catch more than 1 of each ultra beasts?

Some, yes, but not all. The version exclusives all have multiples, though. It's outlined clearly when you're going for them.

Ajduk

Yeah, you've got it. Being called in via SOS is just another x2 multiplier, regardless of how many times they've called.

And is that right? I don't really bother with breeding down balls, so that isn't really my forté.

Some, yes, but not all. The version exclusives all have multiples, though.

Which ones have multiples besides the version exclusives?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.

That's what I've been told. I haven't done breeding in this game yet, but heard it from multiple sources I think.

Akashin

Which ones have multiples besides the version exclusives?

Xurkitree does, but Nihilego and Guzzlord don't. And by multiple I don't mean unlimited; there's two Xurkitree, and then either two or four of UB-02 and UB-04 (in Sun there's two of 02 and four of 04, and in Moon that's reversed).

That's what I've been told. I haven't done breeding in this game yet, but heard it from multiple sources I think.

Weird. Now that I think about it, the Bagon I was breeding with a female Bagon and a male Kommo-O the other day were in the Bagon's Luxury Ball 100% of the time.

Last edited:

Ajduk

Xurkitree does, but Nihilego and Guzzlord don't. And by multiple I don't mean unlimited; there's two Xurkitree, and then either two or four of UB-02 and UB-04 (in Sun there's two of 02 and four of 04, and in Moon that's reversed).

Thanks!
That info makes hunting them a lot easier

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Weird. Now that I think about it, the Bagon I was breeding with a female Bagon and a male Kommo-O the other day were in the Bagon's Luxury Ball 100% of the time.
Ah, then that's proof. :]

Btw, I mentioned evs being the same as gen 5, but a thing I forgot to ask...do evs still max out on 252? Iirc gen 5 the max an ev could be is 255 even if 252 was the max in terms of usage. And do we still have those 2 evs that can do nothing ever? making total evs a 'mon can have still 510?

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Really hope this hasn't been asked, sorry in advance if it was :<

Are there "rare" versions of each clothing item based on Pokemon, or is it just the hats? (If it matters, this is for female trainer customization...) I have a rare hat, and was curious if there's a rare Espadrilles pair of shoes to match!

Akashin

Ah, then that's proof. :]

Btw, I mentioned evs being the same as gen 5, but a thing I forgot to ask...do evs still max out on 252? Iirc gen 5 the max an ev could be is 255 even if 252 was the max in terms of usage. And do we still have those 2 evs that can do nothing ever? making total evs a 'mon can have still 510?

The total is still 510, yes, but like in Gen VI they still prevent you from going beyond the effective max of 252. Though if you're using just a Power item and fighting a Pokemon that gives 1 EV, the 18 EVs per Pokemon result in exactly 252 over fourteen Pokemon anyway.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
what are the exact mechanics of the berry island on pokeplelago and how do they differ from berry maintenance from gen6? i understand that you need to put beans in the bin for the doubling effects but do you still need to manually water them? saving and periodically checking the berry farm in gen6 was tedious at worst but it was more of a pain BC they needed to be tended to. what sort of effect do the pkmn on the island have? my main concern is just that id have to check in on there once in a while to pull weeds/beat pkmn and water the plants.

there was so much stuff introduced into gen7 that i just got into the festival plaza last week and only trying to understand poke pelago now. im trying to get the EV lowering berries gathered up so i can correct the EV distributions on my team.

do you have to manually pull pkmn sitting in your pc and leave them in the islands to level up the islands?

Last edited:

Akashin

what are the exact mechanics of the berry island on pokeplelago and how do they differ from berry maintenance from gen6? i understand that you need to put beans in the bin for the doubling effects but do you still need to manually water them? saving and periodically checking the berry farm in gen6 was tedious at worst but it was more of a pain BC they needed to be tended to. what sort of effect do the pkmn on the island have? my main concern is just that id have to check in on there once in a while to pull weeds/beat pkmn and water the plants.

there was so much stuff introduced into gen7 that i just got into the festival plaza last week and only trying to understand poke pelago now. im trying to get the EV lowering berries gathered up so i can correct the EV distributions on my team.

do you have to manually pull pkmn sitting in your pc and leave them in the islands to level up the islands?

1. No, planting the berries and using beans if you want to (you don't have to) are all you have to do. The whole purpose behind Poke Pelago is that it's something that can be done passively in the background while you do other things or don't play at all.

2. Poke Pelago automatically populates the islands with Pokemon from your PC. There's probably a science to determining which Pokemon from your PC go where, but I don't think it really matters anyway.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
1. No, planting the berries and using beans if you want to (you don't have to) are all you have to do. The whole purpose behind Poke Pelago is that it's something that can be done passively in the background while you do other things or don't play at all.

2. Poke Pelago automatically populates the islands with Pokemon from your PC. There's probably a science to determining which Pokemon from your PC go where, but I don't think it really matters anyway.

thank you very much, gen6 berry fields were a bit time consuming to deal with. i like the passive method in gen7 better. i just planted 1 of each EV lowering berry and noticed the pkmn wandered over from my PC.

i put 7 beans into the bean island crate, what do i need to do to level it up to lvl 3? will adding 23 more beans after the current effects bring up the level? in tryong to upgrade both bean and berry islands. the other islands will come a bit later.

edit: i kept tapping the tree and gathered the beans for upgraded islands.

Last edited:

BlitzGirl41

thank you very much, gen6 berry fields were a bit time consuming to deal with. i like the passive method in gen7 better. i just planted 1 of each EV lowering berry and noticed the pkmn wandered over from my PC.

i put 7 beans into the bean island crate, what do i need to do to level it up to lvl 3? will adding 23 more beans after the current effects bring up the level? in tryong to upgrade both bean and berry islands. the other islands will come a bit later

You level up each island by speaking to Mohn. You need a certain number of Pokemon and beans for each level.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You level up each island by speaking to Mohn. You need a certain number of Pokemon and beans for each level.

thank you for the reply, i got more than enough pkmn. my alolan dex is at 119 atm with +30 that i just need to evolve and i got 4-5 boxes filled atm. im liking poke pelago alot now, i just realized i can use the beans to select a convenient time to harvest them. in gen6 i might have been +2 hours late after they finally became ready for harvest, i did lose more than a few berries due to that in gen 6....

is there any common point in the festival plaza where you are offered a dye shop?

Last edited:

Dragonite Fan

Any Battle Royal tips?
Got wrecked on Normal lol