• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
After rematching the League, do the credits replay or...?

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Does the shop prices can go down just like in XY?

Thanks

There's no equivalent to Bargain Power or any of the other Pass/O-Powers, if that's what you mean.

A question of my own: Has anyone found a way to replay the credits after the first time you see them?

Tiger RPG

There's no equivalent to Bargain Power or any of the other Pass/O-Powers, if that's what you mean.

A question of my own: Has anyone found a way to replay the credits after the first time you see them?

In part yes... and I was thinking about styles points too.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
No, they don't. I was hoping they would. You see the hall of fame screen and immediately get warped to outside of the League. Nothing more.

The league is the only real way to grind for any good exp post game, so it's actually a good thing. At least for some people.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
The league is the only real way to grind for any good exp post game, so it's actually a good thing. At least for some people.

I have to disagree here. Sure the League is good, but I think Poni Plains is a good option too. And Poni Wilds isn't bad either if you want something a little quicker and easier.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I have to disagree here. Sure the League is good, but I think Poni Plains is a good option too. And Poni Wilds isn't bad either if you want something a little quicker and easier.

The experience you gain from wild Pokémon is only good till you reach your early 70's, from then on do you really start seeing a difference in experience from them vs what trainers give you. If Audino's were back then you'd have an argument.

Dakon Requiem

Hello everyone, I wasn't sure as to enter here to ask for help about this, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5L8MjpEmmA

As you can see in this video, I'm having this problem in which I cannot continue from this point, no matter what. Trying to go back after entering the area or opening something fo the menu is also a no-no.
unfortunately I got my game from someone unrelated to a known gaming shop (the game was new, in its plastic cover, though) so I cannot try to get a refund/change, and trying to get a new one is out of the question.
I reallly wanted to see if there's any hope to my game and if there's a chance someone has seen something like this before.
And before someone says this, I didn't modify my game in any way so that's out of the question.
Thanks for reading.

Tiger RPG

Hello everyone, I wasn't sure as to enter here to ask for help about this, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5L8MjpEmmA

As you can see in this video, I'm having this problem in which I cannot continue from this point, no matter what. Trying to go back after entering the area or opening something fo the menu is also a no-no.
unfortunately I got my game from someone unrelated to a known gaming shop (the game was new, in its plastic cover, though) so I cannot try to get a refund/change, and trying to get a new one is out of the question.
I reallly wanted to see if there's any hope to my game and if there's a chance someone has seen something like this before.
And before someone says this, I didn't modify my game in any way so that's out of the question.
Thanks for reading.

Push and hold the power button until the 2DS close. After, you just need to restart the game and restart from your last save (hope it was some time before your freeze).

If the freeze still continue to happen, do something different, like go to your festival, the GTS or your Poke Pelago. Or try the game on another 3DS, to see if the problem comes from your 2DS or game.

Last edited:

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
What is a good place to train after you beat the elite four? I feel like there isn't many good places to train besides wild Pokemon and the league again. I am trying to train some lower leveled pokemon for pokedex or to just use like sos shiny hunting. As well as my main team who are early 60s atm, since I'm still having some trouble with some trainers.

Last edited:

Akashin

What is a good place to train after you beat the elite four? I feel like there isn't many good places to train besides wild Pokemon and the league again. I am trying to train some lower leveled pokemon for pokedex or to just use like sos shiny hunting. As well as my main team who are early 60s atm, since I'm still having some trouble with some trainers.

Wild Pokemon in the post-game areas of Poni Island and E4 rematches are the best we've got.

You'd think that a game that introduces a new feature that necessitates having level 100 Pokemon would have offered better training methods, but here we are.

cl94

I've found that Poni provides decent EXP until you're in the 70s. If you're just trying to evolve to complete the Dex, that's a damn good way to do it. Throw a lucky egg on something and it'll level up fast if you have the EXP share on and switch out immediately after the battle starts.

I do agree that I wish there were more high-leveled trainers, either through Kahuna/captain rematches or a similar thing that wasn't once daily like the Battle Buffet, but stuff like that typically doesn't come around until the sequel or remakes. At least you have a decent chance of the champion challenger being someone who'll give easy EXP. First day of the month is always Faba and a dark type will blow through him.

MouseSnackz

Ok so, I have an Eevee with max happiness that just won't evolve into Espeon, and before you start with the info, yes I know affection from refresh and amie is different to happiness, I know it evolves into Espeon during the day and Umbreon at night. I know how to max out happiness and how to check. My Eevee is at max happiness and won't evolve. It's traded, does anyone know if this affects happiness evolution? I can't find any info out there about it. Please help.

Edit: I am playing Sun.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Wild Pokemon in the post-game areas of Poni Island and E4 rematches are the best we've got.

You'd think that a game that introduces a new feature that necessitates having level 100 Pokemon would have offered better training methods, but here we are.

Ha. Too true. Looks like perfect IV breeding is still going to be the far quicker option in achieving competitive pokemon. Poke miles are not usable are they? In game currencies aside from BP can't be used for Rare Candies I don't believe

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Are the fishing spots unlimited? I'll spend a week fishing the same spot if I have to, so long as I can indeed do it that way in general.

There is always one special fishing spot per location when you enter. When you fish into it and reel something in, or you scare it off by moving too fast (like on certain Poké Ride Pokémon), it'll disappear, but it'll return when you leave the location and re-enter (though it's not always the same spot). Entering any buildings counts as leaving the location.

Ok so, I have an Eevee with max happiness that just won't evolve into Espeon, and before you start with the info, yes I know affection from refresh and amie is different to happiness, I know it evolves into Espeon during the day and Umbreon at night. I know how to max out happiness and how to check. My Eevee is at max happiness and won't evolve. It's traded, does anyone know if this affects happiness evolution? I can't find any info out there about it. Please help.

Edit: I am playing Sun.

Did you consult with the happiness checker? I consistently overestimate my Pokémon's happiness without resorting to the EV-reducing berries.

I've found that Poni provides decent EXP until you're in the 70s. If you're just trying to evolve to complete the Dex, that's a damn good way to do it. Throw a lucky egg on something and it'll level up fast if you have the EXP share on and switch out immediately after the battle starts.

I do agree that I wish there were more high-leveled trainers, either through Kahuna/captain rematches or a similar thing that wasn't once daily like the Battle Buffet, but stuff like that typically doesn't come around until the sequel or remakes. At least you have a decent chance of the champion challenger being someone who'll give easy EXP. First day of the month is always Faba and a dark type will blow through him.

So does that mean there are no repeatable double battles so as to control my Smeargle's Sketch moves?

SViperLT

Yesterday I noticed something weird with time cycle at Moon. It was bit after 16h, Route 1 Battle Map was already orange and I was able find at that time Yangoos not Alolan Rattata, but serebii says night is up till 18h.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Really daft question but has I've changed my starter from what I wanted (Rowlett) to the fire one (Litten) is there anywhere I can get a team builder as I've had to change my whole team.

So far I think I want
Incineroar
Toxipex
Palossand

and not a clue about who else I want. I am currently playing moon so would like some help. Could someone here either guide me on building a team or guide me to elsewhere for team building for a ingame moon team please?

ebevan91

Just use who you want to use. You don't have to have a perfect team to run though the main game with. I planned a team before starting the game and ended up finding it kinda dull because I felt like I was "bound" to that team. Next time I play through the game I'm just going to reach out embrace whatever may come.