• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Just use who you want to use. You don't have to have a perfect team to run though the main game with. I planned a team before starting the game and ended up finding it kinda dull because I felt like I was "bound" to that team. Next time I play through the game I'm just going to reach out embrace whatever may come.

Ok thanks for that I think I got some ideas now :). Are people in this thread able to do a team suggestions as there doesn't appear to be one in the threads yet?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Unless you count SOS battles, no.

Darn. It's a good thing, then, that I accidentally left one pair of double battle in-game trainers unfought. I'll save that for when I want to make a set of moves for Smeargle...wait, nevermind. Smeargle can only ever have one Sketch at a time. Dangit!

SViperLT

Yesterday I noticed something weird with time cycle at Moon. It was bit after 16h, Route 1 Battle Map was already orange and I was able find at that time Yangoos not Alolan Rattata, but serebii says night is up till 18h.
Looks like at day of festival in Iki Town game's time is set as day.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Anyone know what to do with Pokémon Refresh if the parts that are dirty of the pokémon are in the top screen rather than on the bottom touch-screen? This happened today with Gyarados, who doesn't fit in the bottom screen because it's too large.

when the pokebank gets uptade will we be able to request for unobtainable pokemons like onix? i am sorry if it's a dumb question, just wanna be sure because i do not have a pokebank

KillerDraco

when the pokebank gets uptade will we be able to request for unobtainable pokemons like onix? i am sorry if it's a dumb question, just wanna be sure because i do not have a pokebank

Once Pokemon Bank updates, everything is fair game in the trade forums, aside from event Pokemon who are unreleased (i.e., Marshadow)

You'd still have to check for legalities, though (i.e., impossible Ball for a Pokemon, etc.)

BCVM22

Anyone know what to do with Pokémon Refresh if the parts that are dirty of the pokémon are in the top screen rather than on the bottom touch-screen? This happened today with Gyarados, who doesn't fit in the bottom screen because it's too large.

Grab the brush (or Porygon dryer or whatever), drag it to the top of the bottom screen and hold it there. The camera will shift your Pokémon's head down to the touchscreen after a moment. Also works with the empty hand if you want to pet them on the head.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Grab the brush (or Porygon dryer or whatever), drag it to the top of the bottom screen and hold it there. The camera will shift your Pokémon's head down to the touchscreen after a moment. Also works with the empty hand if you want to pet them on the head.

Thanks, I can now try to pet my Alolan Executor's head.

Torpoleon

In the Battle Tree, if my opponent and I are down to our last Pokémon and I use Explosion, killing both of us, who wins?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
In the Battle Tree, if my opponent and I are down to our last Pokémon and I use Explosion, killing both of us, who wins?
Assuming it is carried over the Battle Maison, the trainer owning the Pokémon who faints first loses in a double KO where each trainer has only one Pokémon each. In the case of Explosion, the user of said move faints first so you will lose.

Edit: Greninja'd

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Besides the Plaza, is there any way to reset IVs?

Dragonite Fan

Anyone know a quick way to level up the poke finder?
I've never gotten over about 6,000 thumbs up from a photo, and usually get much less.
The Level 5 goal just seems ridiculous

Anyone know a quick way to level up the poke finder?
I've never gotten over about 6,000 thumbs up from a photo, and usually get much less.
The Level 5 goal just seems ridiculous

I haven't reached it yet, but from my experience I would say that you should go out of the finder and go back in if the Pokemon is facing away from the camera, and continue to do this until the Pokemon is facing you, and make sure to zoom in. That's all I've got, sorry.

Do we have more definitive information on SoS battles and IV AND shiny ratios yet?

I know I got anticipation evee in roughly a dozen MONS chained. I wanted slush rush sandshrew and hit 19 with no HA.. which is sad since evee was just waiting for its anticipation to make it shudder, but I had to skill swap sandshrew.

Also the sandshrew#20 had 2 IVs at 31. The evee had 2 at 31 one at 30.

What sort of info do we have for SoS battles with chaining into HA, better IVs, and I suppose shinies as well?

Yogi Bear

King of Poke Games
Do we have more definitive information on SoS battles and IV AND shiny ratios yet?

I know I got anticipation evee in roughly a dozen MONS chained. I wanted slush rush sandshrew and hit 19 with no HA.. which is sad since evee was just waiting for its anticipation to make it shudder, but I had to skill swap sandshrew.

Also the sandshrew#20 had 2 IVs at 31. The evee had 2 at 31 one at 30.

What sort of info do we have for SoS battles with chaining into HA, better IVs, and I suppose shinies as well?

Every ten summoned pokemon in a chain seems to boost one of the IVs to a perfect 31, capping at a guaranteed 4. You can get more by chaining it, but it's not guaranteed. I'm actually trying to put together a little thing specifically for chaining Ditto at the moment, but my work schedule is brutal this week.