• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Can I get a Kantonian Pokemon by breeding the Alola form with Ditto?

xOkazaki

FC: 1177-9277-2073
How do I get the left-handed style for Poke ball throwing?

Defeat Ilima after completing his trial. You can find him in his house in Hau'oli City on Melemele Island.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
If happiness evolutions are still as cumbersome as they always were, it would take longer for me to evolve a Pichu than to simply catch a wild Pikachu. I don't have enough berries to force feed a Pichu until it evolves.

Using items that won't have an effect, such as Max Potions when the pokémon is at full health, helps to make them happy. Just give them a Soothe Bell and "use" a bunch of items on them, the more expensive the better.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Does anybody get the point of bean bottles on pelgo? sending out seven beans to get seven beans a day later? What?

Actually, as far as I've observed, the number of bottles you'll find the day after sending out a bottle ranges from 1 to 3 (7 to 21 beans).

Dragonite Fan

Actually, as far as I've observed, the number of bottles you'll find the day after sending out a bottle ranges from 1 to 3 (7 to 21 beans).

Yeah just got 3 bottles myself.
Still a bit pointless

gliscor&yanmega

Yeah just got 3 bottles myself.
Still a bit pointless
It's a pretty minor thing to begin, so not like it should be expected to have any big important features. It does set an example of just doing a nice thing because it's nice and maybe in return something nice happens to you.
I read you get patterned beans too, so if that's true you get more beans than you put in since those are worth 3 regaulr beans.

kinvara

pokemon legend
can some one please tell me how to register the pokemon in the poke rider
I cant work out how to do it its driving me nuts
I want to register charizard , tauros , mudsdale and last stoutland
but I cant work out how
so im asking smarter people then me
thanks in advance

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
can some one please tell me how to register the pokemon in the poke rider
I cant work out how to do it its driving me nuts
I want to register charizard , tauros , mudsdale and last stoutland
but I cant work out how
so im asking smarter people then me
thanks in advance

First, press Y to make the list of Pokeride options appear. Then to register a specific ride, tap the little circle that is next to the ride option that you want to register with your stylus. A symbol that looks like your 3DS's directional pad will appear. Tap on the directional key on this symbol with your stylus that you want to assign the ride to (Example: press the "down" key to register Tauros under that key on your directional pad). And voilà. Repeat this process until you've registered all of the rides that you want to register (up to 4 maximum).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Does anyone know how to influence the Pokemon that come over to isle abeen?
I had a mismagus there that i wanted, and a gastly stayed instead.
Does using beans help, or does it call new ones?
Does interaction with them change anything?

I have not found a way to change the odds of Pokémon that come over either. If you want a Mismagius, it's easier to upgrade Isle Aphun at least by one stage and select the mission where Pokémon find minerals. The Dusk Stone is one of the things they can find in there, and you're far more likely to find a Dusk Stone there than a Mismagius at Isle Abeens.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i just finished raising 4 pick up ability lillipup to lvl 51. am i safe to assume that i should have a tiny chance to get a destiny knot at that level? i do have 32 bp from that slow grinding but would prefer to save it on an item. im presuming that the oras table for found items will be similar to sun. i did get a big nugget already but i only just started to farm items.

What's the deal with music in the Battle Tree for Multi Battle? I have it set for "Title Defense", and when I got to Red and Blue it switched to the boss theme for them which is good. Now when I get to Grimsley and Sina it doesn't play Grimley's theme for the game and I had to play that separately on the computer...do I just not get their own themes for multi-battle or does it have to be the standard trainer theme first?

Rangris

So i know you can raise a pokemon's happiness by repeatedly teaching it TMs, but does anyone know the general increase it has per use? It seemed way easier to do with my Pichu to pikachu, as well as my togepi to togetic, but Chansey to Blissey, Meowth to Persian, and a Golbat to Crobat seem to be testing my original theory on how many times i should use the TMs.

gliscor&yanmega

So i know you can raise a pokemon's happiness by repeatedly teaching it TMs, but does anyone know the general increase it has per use? It seemed way easier to do with my Pichu to pikachu, as well as my togepi to togetic, but Chansey to Blissey, Meowth to Persian, and a Golbat to Crobat seem to be testing my original theory on how many times i should use the TMs.

I don't think you can actually do that. I've never seen it mentioned it until now and looked it up and seen people say it doesn't work.

Akashin

Is this a thing? It never was in the past (except with Pikachu in Yellow, as I've just learned), and all I've found on the subject is people complaining about this not working after hearing about it on Reddit.

A far easier method in my experience is shoving EV reducing berries down their throats with the Soothe Bell around their necks, assuming you've been using Pelago to stock up.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Hello there, I have a question for anyone who cares to answer. I've heard that some characters challenge you for the title of champion but so far I haven't gotten any of the sort. Is there anything I have to do to activate this mechanic? I think this could be helpful to level up some of my pokemon. Thanks in advance...

gliscor&yanmega

Hello there, I have a question for anyone who cares to answer. I've heard that some characters challenge you for the title of champion but so far I haven't gotten any of the sort. Is there anything I have to do to activate this mechanic? I think this could be helpful to level up some of my pokemon. Thanks in advance...

You have to rebattle the Elite Four. Once you beat them and get to the Champion Chamber, you sit on the chair and someone will come.

redroses

I was wondering, does anybody know how to dye accessories and glasses?
Is it even possible? I was under the impression I saw player characters with dyed accessories, but no matter what I try, I won't get the option in my dye shop.
So far I bought the ribbon, seashell headband, flower and glasses all in white.

Also for Battle Tree, do you have to get a streak of 20 in each of them for the bosses to start to appear every 10 wins or just get a streak of 20 once? Because I got to that point in multi battles, but I don't know if I need a full 20 wins in single battles to get bosses to appear (which I need because I want one as a partner for multi).