• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'm trying to grind up the PokeFinder to Version 5 in order to get that stamp on my trainer card. To anyone that has actually had the patience to do this, where are the best places to grind this out at?

I've had some success at Lush Jungle personally, but the Pokemon are also facing away from the camera too often for my liking.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Does anyone know if I'm just really unlucky when it comes to getting 5-star anythings for Festival Plaza? I'm at rank 141 and only twice or thrice have I ever been offered anything that is 5 stars.

I'm on Sun btw.

Lurantis

Autism Love
So I need help with a question that I can't seem to find info on... Is ash-greninja shiny locked or not? I can't find anything on anybody obtaining one. If it isn't shiny locked, how do i go about it? just SR the beginning of the demo or does in shine when you transfer it?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
No, I don't use Leppa Berries. My SOS team has enough PP to chain up to 255 without need of restoring PP. When it resets to 0 I flee, recover at the Pokémon Center and start again. I actually don't think SOS battles are annoying, since you stay in the same battle until the chain is over. XY and ORAS chaining were way more annoying to me, since they are complex, and I always thought Masuda Method wasn't worth the time and effort. If you're interested, my SOS team is:

Kartana @Wide Lens - False Swipe, Aerial Ace, Psycho Cut, Cut (total 70 PP of finishing moves)
Kartana - False Swipe, Aerial Ace, Psycho Cut, Fury Cutter (total 60 PP)
Pheromosa @Safety Goggles - False Swipe, Double Kick, Frustration, Poison Jab (70 PP)
Tapu Koko - False Swipe, Spark, Aerial Ace, Acrobatics (55 PP)
Magearna - False Swipe, Thunder Wave, Fleur Cannon, Flash Cannon

Total PP of the team is 255, so when I'm out of PP I know the chain has reset.

Since I made this team solely to find a shiny Cutiefly, they are all immune to Stun Spore, except Magearna, but her role is to paralyze the shiny Pokémon in order to catch it when it's found, so it's not needed.

My search so far: 1500+ Cutiefly, no shiny.

Ah, I see. You have a team designed specifically for SOS battling. I don't, besides an Absol I have with False Swipe, so I rely on vast stores of Leppa Berries. (I haven't deliberately looked for a shiny Pokémon yet though--I've only done so for SOS-only species, EV-training, and hidden abilities.)

I'm trying to grind up the PokeFinder to Version 5 in order to get that stamp on my trainer card. To anyone that has actually had the patience to do this, where are the best places to grind this out at?

I've had some success at Lush Jungle personally, but the Pokemon are also facing away from the camera too often for my liking.

I'd like to know this too. The number of points needed to reach Version 5 is really, really high and near unreasonable.

BCVM22

So I need help with a question that I can't seem to find info on... Is ash-greninja shiny locked or not? I can't find anything on anybody obtaining one. If it isn't shiny locked, how do i go about it? just SR the beginning of the demo or does in shine when you transfer it?

It's shiny-locked, I believe.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'd like to know this too. The number of points needed to reach Version 5 is really, really high and near unreasonable.
I've been experimenting with it a little bit, and I've had some success on Mt. Lanakila during the day. Occasionally, you get Absol, and if you get a picture of it when it's close to the camera and posing, you can get like 12-13k thumbs up. Absol doesn't show up a lot, but it's not super rare, either. You do get a lot of Vanillish which are an easy 5-6k thumbs up, though.

IDK about good nighttime locations, though, as Sneasel on Mt. Lanakila doesn't give you as many points as Absol does. I'm just sticking to Lush Jungle, since the Morelull, Fomantis, and Comfey are a consistent 5-7k thumbs up if you get them close enough and posing (for the former two, at least). Plus, there's a rare chance of Goodra appearing. I don't know if that's the best spot for night, though.

I'd still appreciate some help on this.

shadowF

Can I scan the QR code for Magearna right now (im right before the first trial starts) or I can only scan it after I finish the game?

The person who was to trade me the 3 star Pharmacy cannot do so. I was hoping that there would be somebody on this forum who could help me out with a 3 star Pharmacy? I am in desperate need!

Warm holidays to all.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Do you only get one ice stone throughout the game? I used the one I got in Po Town to evolve my Alolan Ninetails so I was wondering if I would be able to get anymore for when I send an Alolan Sandshrew over to Sun for when I start completeling my PokeDex.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Do you only get one ice stone throughout the game? I used the one I got in Po Town to evolve my Alolan Ninetails so I was wondering if I would be able to get anymore for when I send an Alolan Sandshrew over to Sun for when I start completeling my PokeDex.

It looks like the only other way to obtain one is through Poké Pelago missions.

BCVM22

It looks like the only other way to obtain one is through Poké Pelago missions.

You do only get one as a matter of course, but once you upgrade the item-hunting island in Poké Pelago, you'll start getting multiples of each evolution stone.

shadowF

The MM is a lot a easier thanks to vladimirescu who gave me the odds yesterday. Finally got my beloved Shiny Pikepek after 62 eggs via MM and Charm. While I had 600+ SOS encounters yesterday gonna MM everything from now on!

It techincally isn't but it's impossible to get it at the same time.
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/800820351928246272

So if we soft reset for a shiny Ash Greninja it can become shiny but when we go online it will become non-shiny?

Akashin

So if we soft reset for a shiny Ash Greninja it can become shiny but when we go online it will become non-shiny?

No. What that all means is that there isn't a shiny lock preventing Greninja from being shiny, but there is something in the coding that makes it so even if you get a shiny Greninja, it is turned back into a normal Greninja before you receive it. Basically, a shiny lock that isn't the actual shiny lock applied to everything else.

Jacob2145

I have a question. Does your game autosave at any moment between before the Kukui battle and after Hau gives you the two crystals? I didn't notice any "saving your game" notice. This was quite troublesome because there was the Kukui battle, the festival, catching Tapu Koko and the credits which took a good 20 minutes in total. If I had to turn off the DS for any reason, would I be thrown back to before the Kukui battle? That's why I'm wondering whether there's any hidden autosave during these 20 minutes.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Is the gift Munchlax shiny locked?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I have a question. Does your game autosave at any moment between before the Kukui battle and after Hau gives you the two crystals? I didn't notice any "saving your game" notice. This was quite troublesome because there was the Kukui battle, the festival, catching Tapu Koko and the credits which took a good 20 minutes in total. If I had to turn off the DS for any reason, would I be thrown back to before the Kukui battle? That's why I'm wondering whether there's any hidden autosave during these 20 minutes.

Sadly, there isn't. If you are in a hurry, just put your 3DS in Sleep Mode. Make sure it is charged fully though.