• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Is the gift Munchlax shiny locked?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

It's quite possible for it to be Shiny locked. As far as can remember, all non-shiny event Pokémon in the Since Diamond and Pearl have been locked to be not shiny. I've not seen any Evidence to suggest that you can get a Shiny.

Wait again..? Give it some time, it some times may take some time to come up with a reasonable answer, or locate the info we need to answer it.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
If I breed a Sneasel with a Moon Ball Weavile, would the ball pass down the offsprings? Or would you not count that as the same 'species' ? Even thougg they both are sharp claw pokemon.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
If I breed a Sneasel with a Moon Ball Weavile, would the ball pass down the offsprings? Or would you not count that as the same 'species' ? Even thougg they both are sharp claw pokemon.

I don't think so. Even though they're in the same evolution line, they still count as different species. Correct me if I'm wrong with this.

BCVM22

Species is Pokémon-specific, in this context. Two Sneasel are of the same species - a Sneasel and a Weavile are not.

Unrelated, but your pink text is very difficult to read on the standard color scheme. You might want to stop adding the color tags.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I got another quesiton of my own now: Is there a way to share battle videos? I can't find where to do it.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It

Species doesn't matter in breeding, evolutionary line does. If the Weavile in the Moon Ball is female, then it will pass on the ball to its offspring. If the Weavile is male and you breed with a Ditto, then I don't believe that it will since poke balls are passed down on the mother's line.

RDaneel

Species doesn't matter in breeding, evolutionary line does. If the Weavile in the Moon Ball is female, then it will pass on the ball to its offspring. If the Weavile is male and you breed with a Ditto, then I don't believe that it will since poke balls are passed down on the mother's line.

Now it passes.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
And take two:

Does anyone know if I'm just really unlucky when it comes to getting 4 or 5-star anythings for Festival Plaza? I'm at rank 153 now and only twice or thrice have I ever been offered anything that is 5 stars. And in the last 20 or so times I've leveled up, I've only once been offered something that is 4 stars.

I'm on Sun btw if that means anything.

Also while I'm at it, where do I find the Ice and Psychic Z-crystals?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
And take two:

Does anyone know if I'm just really unlucky when it comes to getting 4 or 5-star anythings for Festival Plaza? I'm at rank 153 now and only twice or thrice have I ever been offered anything that is 5 stars. And in the last 20 or so times I've leveled up, I've only once been offered something that is 4 stars.

I'm on Sun btw if that means anything.

Also while I'm at it, where do I find the Ice and Psychic Z-crystals?

Psychuim Z is in the desert.
Icium Z is in the Ice Cave right before the league.

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
Quick couple of questions:
1) Is there any chance whatsoever for Island Scan Pokemon to have their Hidden Ability?
2) Can SOS-only Pokemon have their HA?

gliscor&yanmega

Quick couple of questions:
1) Is there any chance whatsoever for Island Scan Pokemon to have their Hidden Ability?
2) Can SOS-only Pokemon have their HA?

1)No.
2)Yes. Keep in mind, in cases of Pokemon that aren't part of the same evolution line(For example, Mareanie being called when battling Corsola), if you knock out the original Pokemon(Corsola in this case), then the chain ends(Mareanie wont call anything).

SlickSloth

I was told that you can get a Dusk stone from the Flea Market found inside the Community Center in Malie City. But no one there is selling any stones. Any idea if this is true, or is there only one Dusk stone per game? (Not including stones found in PokePelago)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I was told that you can get a Dusk stone from the Flea Market found inside the Community Center in Malie City. But no one there is selling any stones. Any idea if this is true, or is there only one Dusk stone per game? (Not including stones found in PokePelago)

Only one stone from the Youngster per game. If you already bought it, that's it.

It's a Shiny Stone in Sun, and a Dusk Stone in Moon.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
And take two:

I'm on Sun btw if that means anything.?

You can't rely on Sophocles to provide you with the high-leveled facilities you want. You'll have to ask every guest in Festival Plaza you haven't met before. People are generous. If there's something high in demand, like a 5-star Rare Kitchen or dye shop, it's fairly likely they'll put it at the top.

That being said, you can get more Dusk Stones by upgrading Isle Aphun in Poké Pelago at least twice. This will unlock expeditions that return stones and crystalline items. What you get is random though, so you can't rely on it giving you items you want. I've obtained at least 7 Ice Stones from it, for instance, and only one Dusk Stone.

Based on what I can see, Hard Stones are the most common item, followed by the non-evolutionary items (the Oval Stone, Float Stone, and Everstone), then the Evolution Stones you can buy (Fire Stone, Thunder Stone, Leaf Stone, Water Stone), then the Evolution Stones you can't buy (Ice Stone, Shiny Stone, Moon Stone, Sun Stone, Dawn Stone, Dusk Stone), and the Light Clay is the rarest item.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
ive been having trouble getting some berries from the poni island trees, namely petaya and maranga. is there any sort of connection to the crabrawler encounters and the higher level berries encounters?

FowTech95

Random Passerby
ive been having trouble getting some berries from the poni island trees, namely petaya and maranga. is there any sort of connection to the crabrawler encounters and the higher level berries encounters?

Berry piles with Crabrawler encounters will guarantee you one rare Berry in addition to the usual three. You would need extreme luck in encountering Crabrawlers in Poni Island since they're rare.

Last edited:

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
How to recruit wild Pokemon in Isle Abeens? I have no success even putting beans every time. Thanks in advance.