• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I just dont want to put in alot of time and work just for my mons to be rejected from tournaments & online competitions. Will the litten(s) i spoke of be able to qualify?

As long as it doesn't have illegal moves/ball, it will be classified as legit.

Anyone having difficulty finding all the zygarde cells/cores. I followed Serebii's guide but am missing just one and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Been checking for two days onto day three and checking all locations at both night and day time. This 99/100 is killing me.

I had the same experience when I was looking for the missing link myself. Check the places where you least likely visit since you think you knew that you already collected it. When I was hunting of it, I looked every possible Zygarde cell spots in Alola for 2-3 times (thanks to dimension travelling) but to no avail. I finally found it inside of Lusamine's house, a place where I thought I collected the cell.

gliscor&yanmega

Urgent Question! I recieved a shiny JPN 6 IV Ditto through a giveaway. If it's illegal I am aware that any offspring that hatches from the egg will be illegal too. BUT my question is, If i was too hatch 2 litten eggs bread through this ditto & then turn around and use those two littens to breed eggs, will those offsprings be illegal aswell?

Offspring off a hacked Pokemon aren't considered illegal(As there's no way to check(Besides illegal moves or such things)), so you have no need to breed two Litten to only breed them together. Comes down to moral, if you have no issues using a hack Pokemon to breed then it's fine.

Anyone having difficulty finding all the zygarde cells/cores. I followed Serebii's guide but am missing just one and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Been checking for two days onto day three and checking all locations at both night and day time. This 99/100 is killing me.

I've seen people say something about a bug for 99/100 cells/cores, but not sure how credible that is. All you can do is go over every spot carefully you could have possibly not seen one or maybe been in the wrong area without realizing. Serebii seems to have a few mistakes for the day/night ones(May have corrected them by now though), but you said you checked each location at both times so that shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
If it's hailing in Tapu Village, any wild Pokémon encounter can trigger a Vanillite. It doesn't have to be Sandshrew or Vulpix. (Drizzle Pelipper should be avoided though, as they bring rain and displace the hail.)

I see. So when exactly does it snow in Tapu village? Is it random?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i only started the QR code thing yesterday and got a serperior. what are the limits to the QR code scanning? im hoping to get 2 pkm per day if possible, i only have a basic understanding of the limits: something about a fixed time for regenerating chances to scan more codes and doing a single island scan. i got around to scanning 7 more codes this morning but i guess i need to wait a bit more to hit 100 points for another scan.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I've seen people say something about a bug for 99/100 cells/cores, but not sure how credible that is. All you can do is go over every spot carefully you could have possibly not seen one or maybe been in the wrong area without realizing. Serebii seems to have a few mistakes for the day/night ones(May have corrected them by now though), but you said you checked each location at both times so that shouldn't be an issue.

Me I have completed the cell thing today and didn't notice anything wrong. Guess there's no such bug.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
i only started the QR code thing yesterday and got a serperior. what are the limits to the QR code scanning? im hoping to get 2 pkm per day if possible, i only have a basic understanding of the limits: something about a fixed time for regenerating chances to scan more codes and doing a single island scan. i got around to scanning 7 more codes this morning but i guess i need to wait a bit more to hit 100 points for another scan.

If you used up all your available QR code scans, it will take 2 hours for each scan to refill. In other words, from empty to full it will take 20 hours total for all your QR codes scan icons to refill.

Also a quick tip, after you collect the necessary points needed to be able to do an island scan, go ahead and do that scan before scanning any more QR codes. You'll get the most bang for your scans that way.

Another tip, scan those codes that AuraChannelerChris has in his signature. They are worth 20 points each.

Third tip, after you do an island scan, your QR code scanner will "forget" the codes you had scanned before so you could scan the same ones, including (hint hint) those 20 point codes that are in AuraChannelerChris's signature.

You might know some of these already, but if not, here you go. Do it like this and you'll get 2-3 Island scans done per day. :)

LLR

Vivillon Trader
This may have been asked before but didn't show up when I searched...
Can Z Crystals be traded?

FowTech95

Random Passerby

Like I said in an earlier post, it doesn't have to be snowing in the overworld. You just need to bring the Hail to the battle for them to appear. A Hail user or a Snow Warning mon with Icy Rock should do the trick. If you're seeking the overworld snow, it will be random. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
If you used up all your available QR code scans, it will take 2 hours for each scan to refill. In other words, from empty to full it will take 20 hours total for all your QR codes scan icons to refill.

Also a quick tip, after you collect the necessary points needed to be able to do an island scan, go ahead and do that scan before scanning any more QR codes. You'll get the most bang for your scans that way.

Another tip, scan those codes that AuraChannelerChris has in his signature. They are worth 20 points each.

Third tip, after you do an island scan, your QR code scanner will "forget" the codes you had scanned before so you could scan the same ones, including (hint hint) those 20 point codes that are in AuraChannelerChris's signature.

You might know some of these already, but if not, here you go. Do it like this and you'll get 2-3 Island scans done per day. :)

thank you very much, funny thing was that i used AuraChannelerChris's codes the first time and then later on found IGN's list of codes worth 10-pts each. i was wondering why there was a point difference.

Baggie_Saiyan

While on the topic of legality. Got a lot of Mons of WT in the Beast Ball, but the odds of catching a non UB are slim so how are people getting pseudos in them? Even if they are being passed down I'm struggling to get a starter route Mon to stay in one.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Looker can give you more Beast Balls even after you finish the quest - just equip the ones you already have to Pokemon.

That, and save scumming.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
While on the topic of legality. Got a lot of Mons of WT in the Beast Ball, but the odds of catching a non UB are slim so how are people getting pseudos in them? Even if they are being passed down I'm struggling to get a starter route Mon to stay in one.

You could just catch something that can breed with a pseudo. Both genders can pass down their Pokéball now. And it's not like Beast Balls are limited anyway, just takes some patience.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im having some issues with festival plaza, im not getting the 3 daily tickets from the lady. i didnt mess with the time at all with my 3ds but i did put the sun cartridge into my 2DS. id have to check the time on my 2ds but can anything else mess with the daily events? the time difference between my ds systems is only 7 minutes off and it looks like the berry tree regeneration has also been delayed.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Switching systems is always treated as time travelling by the game, and restricts daily events accordingly.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Switching systems is always treated as time travelling by the game, and restricts daily events accordingly.

thank you very much for the reply. its makes things a bit difficult for me as i got 99/100 FC on the 3ds and only 15-20 FC on the 2ds. i much prefer using the 3ds but its oh so easy to find trading partners by name if you dont have the FC registered to list as a friend. its not the biggest issue as i got 15 festival tickets but its gonna hurt when im trying for some rarer berry trees in sun. how long does it usually take to resettle the daily events?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It takes about three real days in the same system for the game to readjust.

thank you very much, i'll refrain from time skipping as much as possible as hard as it may be at times for the FC convenience.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I just dont want to put in alot of time and work just for my mons to be rejected from tournaments & online competitions. Will the litten(s) i spoke of be able to qualify?

If the egg is hatched in your own game, you'll be fine. The only trace of the hacked Ditto will be the perfect IVs, which can also be done with a not-hacked Ditto.

As was mentioned right after me, you can initiate the hail with your own Pokémon if you wish. I've seen it hail in Tapu Village, but it's very rare for me, rarer than rain in Malie Garden at least.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
Just a quick question. If I use Aurora Veil on the last turn of Hail, does the veil last even after the hail or it will be gone alongside the hail?