• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Hello~ ^^
I've have a question about league challenger Faba.
He is the only one who yet has to appear. I've been SRing on and off for him, but he hasn't challenged me yet! Is there anything I need to do for him to appear?

Faba only challenges you on the first day of each month. He's the only challenger who appears on that day.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Hello~ ^^
I've have a question about league challenger Faba.
He is the only one who yet has to appear. I've been SRing on and off for him, but he hasn't challenged me yet! Is there anything I need to do for him to appear?

I think Faba only appears on the first of the month.

BCVM22

You don't, yet. The Pokémon Bank update that will allow for migration is expected towards the end of the month.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i recently was offered Sinnoh tent 5* on lvl 95 and got a message that i'll have decent luck in WT. i know that certain replies can get you more FC from the players in the plaza but are statements on WT results give you 4fc instead of 2fc? will a better reading from the fortune teller increase the FC gained from a WT?

Last edited:

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Hi guys, what hours classify as night hours? I'm trying to obtain TMs 21 & 27 in Malie City's Malasada shop but the oranguru and the police officer are never there.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Hi guys, what hours classify as night hours? I'm trying to obtain TMs 21 & 27 in Malie City's Malasada shop but the oranguru and the police officer are never there.

As far as I know, they are 6:00pm to 5:59am. I know the first part is right, but someone correct me if the second part isn't.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Night hours are 8:00 pm to 3:59 am. 6:00pm-7:59pm is evening and 4:00am-5:59am is dawn.

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
So.. My male Wigglytuff is in a Moon Ball. If i breed it with a female Clefairy/Clefable, will Cleffa be able to get a Moon Ball as well? I really want a Moon Ball Clefairy but "wasted" it on Igglybuff.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
So.. My male Wigglytuff is in a Moon Ball. If i breed it with a female Clefairy/Clefable, will Cleffa be able to get a Moon Ball as well? I really want a Moon Ball Clefairy but "wasted" it on Igglybuff.

Unfortunately, it won't. The child Pokemon will only inherit the ball of its mother unless if the father is also of the same species (not the same evolutionary line).

Last edited:

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Ok, so.. I've hit a bit of a roadblock, and I've tried to figure it out to no avail, so I thought maybe someone here could help me out.. Though I don't know how active the threads are any longer..

I've got one Nintendo 3DS. I had a 4gb memory card in it. I've got a Hard copy of Moon, and I downloaded a copy of Sun, as well as some themes.

I went to use the online features and it told me I couldn't do it until I updated with the patch that was released for the game, unfortunately, I don't have enough "blocks" or space on my memory card to allow for the download.

So.. I went and bought a 32gb card. I've tried putting the 4gb into my SD reader on both my Mac desktop and my Windows laptop, and copying the Nintendo 3ds file to the desktop, and then moving it again to the 32 gb card. However, when I put the 32 gb card in, there is nothing on it, no themes or my copy of Sun.. I've tried multiple times on both computers and it's not working.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong, or an alternate way that I can get my themes and copy of Sun transferred from my 4gb card to my 32gb card? I can't just re-download Sun onto the new card right? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. This has become a 3 day headache lol

nel3

Crimson Dragon

if ever you accidentally use special ball on a male then just breed it with a ditto, the ditto doesnt pass its ball on and you should be able to get a female with desired ball. i just put a male beast ball gible with a ditto and got a beast ball egg from the day care. all you really need to do is run for the female ratio result.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok, so.. I've hit a bit of a roadblock, and I've tried to figure it out to no avail, so I thought maybe someone here could help me out.. Though I don't know how active the threads are any longer..

I've got one Nintendo 3DS. I had a 4gb memory card in it. I've got a Hard copy of Moon, and I downloaded a copy of Sun, as well as some themes.

I went to use the online features and it told me I couldn't do it until I updated with the patch that was released for the game, unfortunately, I don't have enough "blocks" or space on my memory card to allow for the download.

So.. I went and bought a 32gb card. I've tried putting the 4gb into my SD reader on both my Mac desktop and my Windows laptop, and copying the Nintendo 3ds file to the desktop, and then moving it again to the 32 gb card. However, when I put the 32 gb card in, there is nothing on it, no themes or my copy of Sun.. I've tried multiple times on both computers and it's not working.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong, or an alternate way that I can get my themes and copy of Sun transferred from my 4gb card to my 32gb card? I can't just re-download Sun onto the new card right? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. This has become a 3 day headache lol

Ok, There should be 3 folders on the 4GB card:
  • DCIM
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • private

You need to make sure both the Nintendo 3DS and private folder get copied without changes to the new SD Card. (DCIM contains your images.)

I make a new empty folder and copy everything from the old card in to that folder. Then I copy all everything from the folder on to the New card. This means I shouldn't loose any data, and It's worked well for the 3 or 4 times I've done it to date.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
if ever you accidentally use special ball on a male then just breed it with a ditto, the ditto doesnt pass its ball on and you should be able to get a female with desired ball. i just put a male beast ball gible with a ditto and got a beast ball egg from the day care. all you really need to do is run for the female ratio result.

I'm afraid Wigglytuff is female. And i want to get Clefairy in a Moon Ball. So i decided to restart my copy of Moon and catch seven different Ditto. Each of them caught with one of the seven Apricorn Balls.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I'm afraid Wigglytuff is female. And i want to get Clefairy in a Moon Ball. So i decided to restart my copy of Moon and catch seven different Ditto. Each of them caught with one of the seven Apricorn Balls.

Ditto is the only Pokémon that can't pass on the ball, so catching several Ditto in different balls is pointless. You could've just bred the Moon Ball Wigglytuff with a Ditto and you'd get Moon Ball Cleffas.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Ditto is the only Pokémon that can't pass on the ball, so catching several Ditto in different balls is pointless. You could've just bred the Moon Ball Wigglytuff with a Ditto and you'd get Moon Ball Cleffas.

I'm pretty sure you get Igglybuff if you breed Wigglytuff with Ditto, not Cleffa. The only way to get Moon Ball Cleffa in this case is to get more Moon Balls through trading, or get something in the Cleffa line through trade in a Moon Ball.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I'm pretty sure you get Igglybuff if you breed Wigglytuff with Ditto, not Cleffa. The only way to get Moon Ball Cleffa in this case is to get more Moon Balls through trading, or get something in the Cleffa line through trade in a Moon Ball.

Oh, nevermind. I confused Wigglytuff with Clefable. *facepalm* Misread the question.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
See that's exactly what I did.. but whenever I put the new card in, nothing registers as being there..

Ok, There should be 3 folders on the 4GB card:
  • DCIM
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • private

You need to make sure both the Nintendo 3DS and private folder get copied without changes to the new SD Card. (DCIM contains your images.)

I make a new empty folder and copy everything from the old card in to that folder. Then I copy all everything from the folder on to the New card. This means I shouldn't loose any data, and It's worked well for the 3 or 4 times I've done it to date.