• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I'm having an issue with the time of day in my copy of Sun. Its 15:30 in the afternoon, I've been playing all morning and noticed that its been night the entire time. It should be day time though. I went to the main menu on the 3DS and the time is correct, its 15:30 so it would still be the day time. However, I insert Moon, and it was night time on there like it should be. Anyone know what's going on?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Bulbapedia does not list Innards Out among the abilities that Receiver and Power of Alchemy cannot copy, so the answer would appear to be yes.

Thanks. That's what I had suspected.

I'm having an issue with the time of day in my copy of Sun. Its 15:30 in the afternoon, I've been playing all morning and noticed that its been night the entire time. It should be day time though. I went to the main menu on the 3DS and the time is correct, its 15:30 so it would still be the day time. However, I insert Moon, and it was night time on there like it should be. Anyone know what's going on?

Are you able to access the alternte world?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is the alternate world useful for anything in the post game? i havent gone there for such a long time. can it help you evolve pkmn with night/day conditions? from what i understand its all the same setup but the night/day are reversed.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Thanks. That's what I had suspected.

Are you able to access the alternte world?

Ah brilliant thank you. I entered the alternate world last month and never came out, aha. Back in my own world now, so thanks, all sorted.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
is the alternate world useful for anything in the post game? i havent gone there for such a long time. can it help you evolve pkmn with night/day conditions? from what i understand its all the same setup but the night/day are reversed.

The main use is to evolve Pokémon dependent on the time of day, but I also sometimes use it to find Pokémon that only appear in the day or night. While the obvious use is catching Pokémon, I also use it to make fighting wild Pokémon on Poni Gauntlet easier. For instance, I had just been leveling up a pure Ghost-type, which would have an easier time against the diurnal Gumshoos than the nocturnal Alolan Raticate, so when it became night, I traveled to the alternate world so I could continue beating up Gumshoos.

Ah brilliant thank you. I entered the alternate world last month and never came out, aha. Back in my own world now, so thanks, all sorted.

Speaking of which, do you get some weird quirk where it remains nighttime every time of the day? If I stay in the alternate world for more than 24 hours, it becomes like that: Alola gets plunged into eternal night, and the sun will never come up.

EuZchHP.jpg

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
The main use is to evolve Pokémon dependent on the time of day, but I also sometimes use it to find Pokémon that only appear in the day or night. While the obvious use is catching Pokémon, I also use it to make fighting wild Pokémon on Poni Gauntlet easier. For instance, I had just been leveling up a pure Ghost-type, which would have an easier time against the diurnal Gumshoos than the nocturnal Alolan Raticate, so when it became night, I traveled to the alternate world so I could continue beating up Gumshoos.

Speaking of which, do you get some weird quirk where it remains nighttime every time of the day? If I stay in the alternate world for more than 24 hours, it becomes like that: Alola gets plunged into eternal night, and the sun will never come up.

EuZchHP.jpg

Yes, that's exactly what happened. I hadn't seen the light for around a month, I was so confused, but that's quite a cool feature. It's been hard, the last couple of days I've been trying to complete the pokedex ready for bank, but some pokemon weren't appearing because it was forever night time.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Yes, that's exactly what happened. I hadn't seen the light for around a month, I was so confused, but that's quite a cool feature. It's been hard, the last couple of days I've been trying to complete the pokedex ready for bank, but some pokemon weren't appearing because it was forever night time.

Wait, you've got to have a complete dex for bank? I thought that was just for the Shiny charm. I still only have like 200 registered.

BCVM22

You don't have to do anything for Bank. "I've been trying to complete the pokedex ready for bank" as a means of preparing, not a mandatory goal.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
This... can't happen. If you're not the OT of a given Pokémon, you shouldn't be able to nickname it.

Oooooo...kay. Then when someone in a trade thread asks for a Pokemon that is nicknamable, what exactly do they mean? That the person that is asking for the Pokemon is requesting that they tell the offerer what to nickname it? I asked this question because I saw a few times in the Shiny trading Thread for Pokemon that are nicknamable.

If I remember correctly, going to the alternative world is the first step towards being able to get a Cosmog.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

That's the thing--I thought it was a glitch, or maybe something to encourage you to return to the regular world.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

EuZchHP.jpg

thank you for the reply. so it can be used to evolve/catch pkmn. i didnt consider that option before. i previously thought it was only needed to complete the story mode and get cosmog. i like to lvl up in poni island too so i'll hop into the other world if i need to continue the line of pkmn when the day turns.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
How long does it usually take for a Beldum egg to hatch in Isle Avue, provided that I supplied the island with PokeBeans?

I think it's one egg cycle per hour, two with beans. An egg cycle is 257 steps. It'll still take a while though, even with beans: Most Pokémon species have eggs with 20 to 30 egg cycles, so don't expect them to be ready when you play around for a bit and come back to Isle Avue.

thank you for the reply. so it can be used to evolve/catch pkmn. i didnt consider that option before. i previously thought it was only needed to complete the story mode and get cosmog. i like to lvl up in poni island too so i'll hop into the other world if i need to continue the line of pkmn when the day turns.

You don't even need that to complete the story. I only visited the alternate world long after the post-game stuff was wrapped up.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I think it's one egg cycle per hour, two with beans. An egg cycle is 257 steps. It'll still take a while though, even with beans: Most Pokémon species have eggs with 20 to 30 egg cycles, so don't expect them to be ready when you play around for a bit and come back to Isle Avue.

Knowing this, a Beldum egg would probably hatch in 20 hours. Fine by me since I'm AFK most of the time on weekdays.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You don't even need that to complete the story. I only visited the alternate world long after the post-game stuff was wrapped up.

thats true, i did visit the other world 2-3 times already and they were only post game. i didnt even know we could get cosmog in the game until i read up the details.

Last edited:

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Is the Stufful from Route 10 part of a side quest? Everytime I find it and talk to it, it disappears.

RhiVickyPage

Im a DumbDumb!

So im on a mission to complete my pokedex. We all know this involves a lot of leveling up. so me being dumb traded my pokemon for one i had not yet got in my pokedex. Me being stupid didn't take the lucky egg off, by the time i realized it had already been traded. Anyone have any idea of how to solve this issue? Thanks

BCVM22

Unless you traded it via a Link Trade to someone who can send the Lucky Egg back to you, there's nothing you can do about it. It's lost in the ether forever. And unfortunately for you, there's only one Lucky Egg in Sun & Moon so far.