• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Let's try this again.

This... can't happen. If you're not the OT of a given Pokémon, you shouldn't be able to nickname it.

Okay, so then when someone in a trade thread asks for a Pokemon that is nicknamable, what exactly do they mean? That the person that is asking for the Pokemon is requesting that they tell the one offering the Pokemon what to nickname it? I only asked that question because I saw a few times in the Shiny trading Thread for Pokemon that are nicknamable.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Let's try this again.

Okay, so then when someone in a trade thread asks for a Pokemon that is nicknamable, what exactly do they mean? That the person that is asking for the Pokemon is requesting that they tell the one offering the Pokemon what to nickname it? I only asked that question because I saw a few times in the Shiny trading Thread for Pokemon that are nicknamable.

I think that's what it means yes. So basically they're asking to whoever is offering the shiny that that person is the OT so they can nickname it prior to trade.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Okay, I'd like to sign up for the Alola Friendly. Where do I do it from? My main menu only has "Continue," "Mystery Gift," and "Live Competition," and I couldn't find it in Festival Plaza either.

Satoshi & Touko

Okay, I'd like to sign up for the Alola Friendly. Where do I do it from? My main menu only has "Continue," "Mystery Gift," and "Live Competition," and I couldn't find it in Festival Plaza either.

Have you registered for a Game Sync ID yet? I think that's a requirement. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

gliscor&yanmega

BlazingRagnarok

The previous online competition was accessible via the Battle Spot, after getting a Game Sync ID and registering through the Pokémon Global Link website.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Have you registered for a Game Sync ID yet? I think that's a requirement. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

I most definitely have, so I could get the windfalls from the Global Missions even if the targets weren't reached. Not to worry. I found out how.

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/6467b132-876a-4da1-be10-07cd241bd0b8

Need a pgl account first. Follow the steps from the link and you'll be signed up for the battle.

The previous online competition was accessible via the Battle Spot, after getting a Game Sync ID and registering through the Pokémon Global Link website.

Thanks. I didn't know I sign up from the Global Link website. I thought I sign up from in-game. (I didn't have a team completed when the Battle of Alola took place, so I sat that one out.)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
From the global link site about the alola competition:

Eligible Pokémon are restricted to those that you caught, hatched from Eggs, or received as a Mystery Gift in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon.

Does this mean that pokémon you receive in a trade are ineligible?

BlazingRagnarok

From the global link site about the alola competition:

Does this mean that pokémon you receive in a trade are ineligible?
They're talking about the watermark that indicates a pokemon's original generation. Gen 7's mark is a black +, while gen 6 had a blue pentagon. You can find them on a pokemon's summary screen.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
They're talking about the watermark that indicates a pokemon's original generation. Gen 7's mark is a black +, while gen 6 had a blue pentagon. You can find them on a pokemon's summary screen.

So the + mark is actually the Gen 7 symbol. I thought for sure it was an indicator to where you'll put markings on your Pokémon.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh, is that what they mean? I never even thought about that. I can see the blue pentagon representing Kalos, as that's the shape that comes up again and again in X and Y. But why a black cross for Alola? (I take it they're trying to also avoid shapes already used by the markings.)

SebastiaanZ

Hypothetical question ... if I would train a Pokemon on Pokemon Red Digital edition to lvl 100 by using the Missingno method with Rare Candies, would it be elligible to be send to Pokemon Sun and Moon through Poke Bank?

gliscor&yanmega

Oh, is that what they mean? I never even thought about that. I can see the blue pentagon representing Kalos, as that's the shape that comes up again and again in X and Y. But why a black cross for Alola? (I take it they're trying to also avoid shapes already used by the markings.)
It's the same shape as the Captains' medal thing, which likely are suppose to look like Flowers.
Hypothetical question ... if I would train a Pokemon on Pokemon Red Digital edition to lvl 100 by using the Missingno method with Rare Candies, would it be elligible to be send to Pokemon Sun and Moon through Poke Bank?
Don't see why not.
I don't recall if there is some sort of filter in Bank(Probably is), but so long as the stats are possible it shouldn't be denied.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

I just got a Lv.100 Shiny Charizard with IVs 30/31/31/31/31/31 in a Wonder Trade. It's Japanese. If Pokemon Bank isn't available yet, how exactly did this person who Wonder Traded it get it in the first place? Is it hacked or illegitimate?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I just got a Lv.100 Shiny Charizard with IVs 30/31/31/31/31/31 in a Wonder Trade. It's Japanese. If Pokemon Bank isn't available yet, how exactly did this person who Wonder Traded it get it in the first place? Is it hacked or illegitimate?

yeah its a hack bank isn't available for anyone yet just was a announcement on the page this morning about how the layout will be like not officially out, so I am sure 100% its a hack :/ which no one would wonder trade of a shiny charizard for no reason sorry :/

I hope its alright to answer back not sure if its the mods job or we can answer back as well...sorry mods if I did something wrong...

Satoshi & Touko

yeah its a hack bank isn't available for anyone yet just was a announcement on the page this morning about how the layout will be like not officially out, so I am sure 100% its a hack :/ which no one would wonder trade of a shiny charizard for no reason sorry :/

I hope its alright to answer back not sure if its the mods job or we can answer back as well...sorry mods if I did something wrong...

I kinda figured. That was still pretty cool though that I got that, though I must admit I actually got a bit scared when I saw it.