• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
When you connect with Pokemon Bank, she will tell you how many Pokemiles you currently have accumulated and ask if you'd like to transfer them, and if so whether you'd like to send them as miles or BP.

Okay, she hasn't done that yet as of any point in which I've connected to with Pokemon Bank. I guess that means I haven't earned anything at all yet?

Akashin

Okay, she hasn't done that yet as of any point in which I've connected to with Pokemon Bank. I guess that means I haven't earned anything at all yet?

You earn Pokemiles on a daily basis based on how many Pokemon you have stored in there (using it as a quick intermediary for transferring doesn't earn you anything). Depending on how long you've had Bank and whether or not you've actually deposited any Pokemon, no, you may not have earned anything.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Think they forgot to update the legality checker to account for Gen 7's new breeding mechanics (male/genderless Pokémon can pass on their Poke Balls when bred with Ditto and same species breeding gives the offspring a 50/50 chance to inherit either parents' ball) since your mentioned combinations would have being illegal in Gen 6. Hopefully a patch will be released to update the legality checker for the changes.

its actually not just that I noticed my buneary with love ball with legal egg moves no ha still doesn't trade either >.> but if it was in lux ball it trades fine with both which the parent was one of them strange I think they forgot to add more to the hack checker besides the new breeding mechanics -_- I hope they release thhis patch soon its annoying...thanks for the help everyone though I not the only one >.>

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

You earn Pokemiles on a daily basis based on how many Pokemon you have stored in there (using it as a quick intermediary for transferring doesn't earn you anything). Depending on how long you've had Bank and whether or not you've actually deposited any Pokemon, no, you may not have earned anything.

Also the rate is quite low, it's something like 0.05 Pokémiles per day Per Pokémon.

Going in the past to gen 6: I've seen several sites give a estimation of:

PokeMiles Earned Per Day = ( [ Total number of Pokemon in Bank boxes on previous day / 3000 ] * 100 ) - 1

And If you get part of a mile, it would roll over everyday until it completed a mile.

Also this calculation is seems to done at the same time per day as first time you ran the app. (So if you started the app on 10:17am , The "Day" is starts at 10:17.)

The above calulation seems to be off for less than 31 Pokémon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
how far removed from the original pair does an offspring need to be to pass the PKbank checkers? i got a HA pkmn that was originally hacked in gen6, i bred it down 2 generations already. the HA offspring is a male frisk furret and it lost the love ball in a legit gen6 ditto pairing. i also bred that offspring to remove the perfect IVs to no perfect IVs. all that remains is the regular pkball and frisk.

if it wont pass then im willing to wait for a trade with a member here for a furret with a legit frisk origin.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
how far removed from the original pair does an offspring need to be to pass the PKbank checkers? i got a HA pkmn that was originally hacked in gen6, i bred it down 2 generations already. the HA offspring is a male frisk furret and it lost the love ball in a legit gen6 ditto pairing. i also bred that offspring to remove the perfect IVs to no perfect IVs. all that remains is the regular pkball and frisk.

if it wont pass then im willing to wait for a trade with a member here for a furret with a legit frisk origin.

One offspring will pass assuming it is possible to obtain the pokemon with its hidden ability in the ball it inherits. it doesn't matter how many generations you go through if the combination isn't legal.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
It's possible to buy French/German/Italian/Spanish versions of RBY so I was wondering if Pokemon from these language games would count as a foreign Pokemon for the Masuda Method when transfered to English Sun/Moon?

Last edited:

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I plan to assemble an Aura Break 10% Zygarde by separating one of my 6th gen Zygarde but the game kept prompting me to assemble only the 50% Forme. Is there a way for me to assemble a 10% Forme? Or am I locked into assembling the 50% Forme?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
One offspring will pass assuming it is possible to obtain the pokemon with its hidden ability in the ball it inherits. it doesn't matter how many generations you go through if the combination isn't legal.

np, thank you for clearing the concensus on that subject. i'll keep the frisk sentret in gen6 and do a trade for a legal one in gen7. i dont want the ban hammer from GF, most of the fun stuff left for me in gen 7 are the online features.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I think, if the data is still there, hopefully they will release all of them this gen. I can understand it being there last gen in case they want to reintroduce them through event or something (and being the case this gen again), but if it's still in the code I hope they show up eventually.

Gems were among my favorite hold items, so I was quite dismayed to see Game Freak had nerfed them by making them unavailable. My guess is that they're overpowered but that Game Freak is having trouble finding a way to nerf them without putting their power so close to the type-boosting items like Charcoal and Twisted Spoon so as to be redundant.

For now, there are Z-Moves, which are essentially a roughly 100% boost instead of 50%, only you're limited to one per team. (That percentage varies on a move-by-move basis, but it's a rule of thumb.)

Also the rate is quite low, it's something like 0.05 Pokémiles per day Per Pokémon.

Going in the past to gen 6: I've seen several sites give a estimation of:

PokeMiles Earned Per Day = ( [ Total number of Pokemon in Bank boxes on previous day / 3000 ] * 100 ) - 1

And If you get part of a mile, it would roll over everyday until it completed a mile.

Also this calculation is seems to done at the same time per day as first time you ran the app. (So if you started the app on 10:17am , The "Day" is starts at 10:17.)

The above calulation seems to be off for less than 31 Pokémon.

Looking at that formula, that'd be the equivalent to (A/30) - 1, where A is the amount of Pokémon you had in Pokémon Bank at the end of the day. A much less complicated equation.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I plan to assemble an Aura Break 10% Zygarde by separating one of my 6th gen Zygarde but the game kept prompting me to assemble only the 50% Forme. Is there a way for me to assemble a 10% Forme? Or am I locked into assembling the 50% Forme?

If you haven't collected all the Cells in the game, you can use some to make a 50% and the rest to make a 10%.

It's possible to buy French/German/Italian/Spanish versions of RBY so I was wondering if Pokemon from these language games would count as a foreign Pokemon for the Masuda Method when transfered to English Sun/Moon?

They'll be tagged as English language when transferred to an English game.

Kalosian

So long
I have 2 questions regarding Minior.

1. If you are SOS chaining for a Minior, will the ones that get called through the SOS chain have the same color as the first one or can they be different?

2. When breeding Minior, will the offspring have the same color as the parent or can they have a different color?

@Kalosian I only have an answer for your second question. Yes, they will have the same color as the initial Minior parent.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Does this mean if I buy a foreign Pokemon S/M and transfer Pokemon from a English RBY they will be marked with the language of that S/M game?

yes, they'll be tagged with both langauges from the 2 games. one being the French for their origin and english BC you're playing the other game in english.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra

1. If you are SOS chaining for a Minior, will the ones that get called through the SOS chain have the same color as the first one or can they be different?

2. When breeding Minior, will the offspring have the same color as the parent or can they have a different color?

Minior doens't call SOS partners, so it is impossible to chain them.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I got disconnected from the GTS while trying to make a trade and I'm now locked out. How long is it usually before we can get back on?

EDIT: got back on after roughly half an hour.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty

Regarding the second question (first one has already been answered), the offspring will have the same colour of the parent.