• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Winona

~*~The Sky Tamer~*~
Hello!
I haven't been on here in forever :x

So I have a question, where can you get bank balls in Sun/Moon?
If someone sends me a PM about this, that would be very nice c:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hello!
I haven't been on here in forever :x

So I have a question, where can you get bank balls in Sun/Moon?
There is no item in anyMain series Pokémon games called "Bank Ball."

It's fan term: "Bank Ball" Pokémon are Pokémon that can only caught using a ball that is only available in older Games. For example, An "Easy to obtain" bank ball Pokémon would be a HA Lucario in a Dream ball. (In this case, I've gotten a Riolu from Prof Burnett in Dream Radar and send it to Black2/White2, and Evolved it.) I may or may not currently own a HA Lucario in a Dream ball yet..

Anyway, Dream Balls are a stand out one, as it was only available in 4 games (BWB2W2), but then you could have a Heavy ball Weedle from HGSS.

Kalosian

So long
@Kalosian I only have an answer for your second question. Yes, they will have the same color as the initial Minior parent.
Regarding the second question (first one has already been answered), the offspring will have the same colour of the parent.
That's just what I thought would be the case, but I wanted to be sure so thanks for confirming it for me.

Minior doens't call SOS partners, so it is impossible to chain them.
I see. Could have found that myself if I had just looked more clearly at the Pokedex on the main site. Thanks for the help.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka

It's fan term: "Bank Ball" Pokémon are Pokémon that can only caught using a ball that is only available in older Games. For example, An "Easy to obtain" bank ball Pokémon would be a HA Lucario in a Dream ball. (In this case, I've gotten a Riolu from Prof Burnett in Dream Radar and send it to Black2/White2, and Evolved it.) I may or may not currently own a HA Lucario in a Dream ball yet..

Anyway, Dream Balls are a stand out one, as it was only available in 4 games (BWB2W2), but then you could have a Heavy ball Weedle from HGSS.

In Gen 3 and 4, there are also Safari Balls, used only in the Safari Zones. In HGSS, Pokemon caught at the Bug-Catching Contest are caught in Sport Balls. And those CAN be passed on to the offspring.

Winona

~*~The Sky Tamer~*~

Alright sorry :x
well where can you get the balls like the love ball in sun and moon?
I got one in Malie city, but is it possible to buy more?

percy511

Hi. I have a question. Today I just transferred my pokemon from XYORAS to Sun and Moon. Some of them were competitive, and I decided to try a battle royal with my friends. The problem is, when I selected to use my XYORAS pokemon with the Normal Rules on, it said one or more of my pokemon were invalid. None of them were legendaries, and I was able to battle with them in XYORAS, so they weren't illegal also. So, can I not use pokemon from Bank with online friends? If I can, can someone help me out on how to use them, because I have no clue whatsoever.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Hi. I have a question. Today I just transferred my pokemon from XYORAS to Sun and Moon. Some of them were competitive, and I decided to try a battle royal with my friends. The problem is, when I selected to use my XYORAS pokemon with the Normal Rules on, it said one or more of my pokemon were invalid. None of them were legendaries, and I was able to battle with them in XYORAS, so they weren't illegal also. So, can I not use pokemon from Bank with online friends? If I can, can someone help me out on how to use them, because I have no clue whatsoever.

What Pokemon were they? It seems to me that this also has something to do with why certain Pokemon can't be traded (such as all my Snivy with Contrary born in Premier Balls)...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
There's some kinks yet to be worked out in the legality checks post-Bank - for example, any Pokemon obtainable via Island Scan with a Hidden Ability is considered illegal, regardless of whether or not it's transferred.

Try depositing them in the GTS to figure out which one is causing problems.

I keep forgetting, is the orange sky something that only happens when Ultra Beasts are around or does it just happen normally at certain times?

I ask because Rotom occasionally mentions Ultra Beasts being around, even though I completed the UB story and caught Necrozma...I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I keep forgetting, is the orange sky something that only happens when Ultra Beasts are around or does it just happen normally at certain times?

I ask because Rotom occasionally mentions Ultra Beasts being around, even though I completed the UB story and caught Necrozma...I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Orange sky is just the transition from day to night and happens normally.

Rotom's comments are random and he keeps mentioning the Ultra Beasts even when you caught them all, so no worries, you didn't miss anything. :)

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I jsut saw the info on Serebii about those with altered saved data getting banned. I'm glad its a step in the right direction to stop those who just generate, alter, and/or inject their pokemon to just instaperfect ivs, evs, nature, and moves (get working on cracking down breeding with hacks Gamefreak >.>), but wondering how it works. People can get hacks anytime without realizing it from wondertrade or traders who don't specify and it's not fair to those players. So is it only a problem when going into competitions and rated battles with that stuff or even if its in your game?

Honestly while I'm glad they're doing something to discourage instaperfectors, I think banning completely seems rather too harsh. I wonder why they don't just prevent the non-legit from being able to enter instead of such drastic measures.

gliscor&yanmega

I jsut saw the info on Serebii about those with altered saved data getting banned. I'm glad its a step in the right direction to stop those who just generate, alter, and/or inject their pokemon to just instaperfect ivs, evs, nature, and moves (get working on cracking down breeding with hacks Gamefreak >.>), but wondering how it works. People can get hacks anytime without realizing it from wondertrade or traders who don't specify and it's not fair to those players. So is it only a problem when going into competitions and rated battles with that stuff or even if its in your game?

Honestly while I'm glad they're doing something to discourage instaperfectors, I think banning completely seems rather too harsh. I wonder why they don't just prevent the non-legit from being able to enter instead of such drastic measures.
Pretty sure the game and gamefreak have no way to tell what was hacked outside of things being off about the Pokemon. Such as impossible ball, stats, Ability, etc... All of which can't be put up for trades in the first place.

I'm sure this doesn't affect anyone that gives their Pokemon perfect IVs. Since again, unless something is off about the Pokemon no one can tell. It would be even harder to do something about breeding with hacks since it makes a completly new Pokemon.

They likely want to scare people with banning. Sends a bigger message.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
the fact that the ban affects a relatively small amount of people suggests that they can't actually do anything about any cases except for the most egregious cases, lest they risk banning legitimate players

don't hack anything too insane, and you'll be okay

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
But what if you got something that wasn't passable or, for an extreme example, say players had wondergaurd spiritomb for friendly battles (ie not for official tournies, rating battles, etc). Would just having it in the game put your game at risk of being banned even if not trying to use it?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is it possible to SR the fortune teller results and also the choice for clothing items or are they predetermined. i did 1 SR attempt but the fortune was the same.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

gliscor&yanmega

But what if you got something that wasn't passable or, for an extreme example, say players had wondergaurd spiritomb for friendly battles (ie not for official tournies, rating battles, etc). Would just having it in the game put your game at risk of being banned even if not trying to use it?
I don't believe you can get impossible Pokemon in anyway outside of hacking them yourselves. The GTS prevents you from putting up such Pokemon. Uncertain about Wonder Trade and Link Trade but I would assume the same. Pretty sure you also wont be able to use them in online battles.

If I'd have to guess, they find these things out by people trying to put them up or battle with. But it may be more complex than that.

If you by some odd chance have an impossible Pokemon, just release it, there should be no issues. I believe there is some issue with the games seeing some Pokemon as impossible despite actually being possible, not sure if these cases are at risk though and if so they likely will fix it for anyone to happen be banned wrongfully.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
How to we collect the rewards from the Global mission if we are not linked to a Global Link account? We should get at least 200FC as long as we participate. But the last two Global missions i couldnt figure out how to collect the Failure reward.