• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Are the Johto Balls re-obtainable in any way?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is there anyway to turn down the darn mewnium z from the PK bank? i already have one from 3ds and i dont want any sort of z stones. its a shame we cant just discard them as they are proof of badges/trials. i got what i needed: 300 BP from the 2ds PKbank and thats all i really wanted aside from other needed pkmn for national dex.

BCVM22

No, there's no way to turn it down. Why would you want to? Why would you not collect them as a matter of course? That's... ridiculous is maybe too strong a word, but really, really silly?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
No, there's no way to turn it down. Why would you want to? Why would you not collect them as a matter of course? That's... ridiculous is maybe too strong a word, but really, really silly?

thought so, it'll dissapear anyway when i accept it. its not like they have multiples in the z stone list. if anything id rather collect foreign pkmn anyday over some z stone that i'll never put to any good use. i havent even used a single zmove since the game (and demo) have come out, im just not on board with the idea.

BCVM22

if anything id rather collect foreign pkmn anyday over some z stone that i'll never put to any good use.

But... they're not mutually exclusive. What does one have to do with the other?

And how do you have multiples of the Mewnium Z, for that matter?

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I have a few questions regarding breeding a male standard Vulpix in a Poke Ball and a female Alolan Vulpix in a Love Ball.

1. If both of them hold an Everstone (for variant and nature respectively), is the offspring a guaranteed standard or has 50% (or maybe lower) of becoming one?
2. If the Alolan female has its Hidden Ability, does its standard offspring have the chance to have one as well?
3. Considering that they are of the same species, can the standard offspring inherit the ball of its Alolan mother?

I'm just a little curious about it.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
But... they're not mutually exclusive. What does one have to do with the other?

And how do you have multiples of the Mewnium Z, for that matter?

lets just say that the direction gen7 has gone so far hasnt been where i thought it would have gone from what i expected. i didnt like the idea of Zmoves from the time they announced them. id rather focus on other things that dont involve the Z system. for the most im treating pkmn Sun as gen 6.5 and doing what i can with its limitations. i just happened to have 2 PKbank apps so i got offered that stone for each app. it doesnt even show multiples anyway in my Sun, they dont have any coding option for multiple/duplicate z crystals.

i play mostly with my 3ds XL but around 2 yrs ago i got a 2ds for a 2nd PKbank app. i like to pass my time ingame doing casual battles and filling the foreign pokedex entries. i dont do shiny hunts or bother with the various legend/event/UB in the pkmn games. barring sporadic foreign legend/event entries in my pkmn X file, i managed to fill out all foreign non legend single stage and evolving pkmn in all 6 languages.

i even used the 2ds PKbank app to hold 2 of each evolution line in ITA/KOR (pkmn OR) so i can get a decent head start for foreign pkmn in gen7. i accessed 3ds PKbank the day after it became available and i just recently accessed the 2ds PKbank to avoid the annoying time warping consequences at my convenient choice of time. ive done most of the daily events and dont mind the time warp for the time being.

I have a few questions regarding breeding a male standard Vulpix in a Poke Ball and a female Alolan Vulpix in a Love Ball.

1. If both of them hold an Everstone (for variant and nature respectively), is the offspring a guaranteed standard or has 50% (or maybe lower) of becoming one?
2. If the Alolan female has its Hidden Ability, does its standard offspring have the chance to have one as well?
3. Considering that they are of the same species, can the standard offspring inherit the ball of its Alolan mother?

I'm just a little curious about it.

1. you just need 1 ever stone to guarantee 100% chance of getting the wanted nature
2. as long as the female has the hidden ability it will be passed down but i believe you will only get alolan vulpix as offspring.
3. the 2 ball options will be available to you if the 2 pkmn are of the same line. i got a dreamball HA frisk Furret and paired it with a level ball variant for a level ball HA Furret

Last edited:

BCVM22

Okay, but you act as if being handed an event Z-Crystal is somehow hampering your singular pursuit of foreign Pokémon. That's the odd part.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
1. you just need 1 ever stone to guarantee 100% chance of getting the wanted nature
as long as the female has the hidden ability it will be passed down but i believe you will only get alolan vulpix as offspring.
the 2 ball options will be available to you if the 2 pkmn are of the same line. i got a dreamball HA frisk Furret and paired it with a level ball variant for a level ball HA Furret

Just to clarify:

1. I had the male standard hold one because of its variant and the female Alolan because of its nature. Since I believe the the offspring has 50% of obtaining the nature of its mother, I'm curious about its variance.
2. The female Alolan one has the Hidden Ability but the standard one does not. I wonder if the standard variant offspring can have the Hidden Ability (Drought).
3. I know the same species rule of Poke Ball inheritance. I'm just curious on how it will apply to breeding the Vulpix of differing variants (standard and Alolan).

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Just to clarify:

1. I had the male standard hold one because of its variant and the female Alolan because of its nature. Since I believe the the offspring has 50% of obtaining the nature of its mother, I'm curious about its variance.
2. The female Alolan one has the Hidden Ability but the standard one does not. I wonder if the standard variant offspring can have the Hidden Ability (Drought).
3. I know the same species rule of Poke Ball inheritance. I'm just curious on how it will apply to breeding the Vulpix of differing variants (standard and Alolan).

the nature inheritance is 100% on the single user of the ever stone. however if both have ever stones it becomes a 50/50 for either nature.

it looks like you can indeed get a standard vulpix in gen7, i put a HA drought in with a ditto and got a drought pkmn. it might just be a 50/50 result for the 2 variants in a pairing.

Last edited:

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I did an experiment and here's what I found out:

1. Having them both holding an Everstone does have the 50/50 nature chance but it's a guaranteed Alolan (I came up with this after hatching 12 eggs). I have to take the Everstone off the Alolan female to get the standard variant offspring. (I still want it Timid though)
2. The standard Vulpix does have Drought even when its father does not. The mother should have the HA, no matter the variant.
3. Same thing as above, the Poke Ball rule applies even to differing variant pairs. I hatched a standard one in a Love Ball. (I got it from 1 out of 4 standard Vulpix eggs)

It seems I answered my own questions but thanks for answering them.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

1. Having them both holding an Everstone does have the 50/50 nature chance but it's a guaranteed Alolan (I came up with this after hatching 12 eggs). I have to take the Everstone off the Alolan female to get the standard variant offspring. (I still want it Timid though)
2. The standard Vulpix does have Drought even when its father does not. The mother should have the HA, no matter the variant.
3. Same thing as above, the Poke Ball rule applies even to differing variant pairs. I hatched a standard one in a Love Ball. (I got it from 1 out of 4 standard Vulpix eggs)

np, it also helps me out too, i like the normal drought vulpix too though the ice one does get that nice speed boost to it stats...

Okay, but you act as if being handed an event Z-Crystal is somehow hampering your singular pursuit of foreign Pokémon. That's the odd part.

sorry if it sounded that way, i just really see no use for the crystals so i dont really want them in the first place. id rather be able to clear out the crystal box if that was an option. i just would rather not even see that box as an option to display.

i had my first single battle spot minior sweep with the adamant green core (white herb) i really like the set alot. i lead with minior and went out with a boom on 4th turn :). this minior is going on my alolan only team without a doubt.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Heh, what you brought up is actually pretty interesting, and now that I'm starting to find non-Alolan variants over Wonder Trade (and I have my own in previous generation games, of course), it's of relevance to me if I ever find myself in those circumstances. In particular, that's neat you can have a normal Fire-type Vulpix and a Snow Warning Alolan Vulpix and get Drought Fire-type Vulpix out of it. I guess the coding counts Vulpix as Vulpix, and Hidden Ability as Hidden Ability, regardless of regional variant.

Hasty

Moonside
I'm trying to get my hands on one of the rarest encounters in the game, Feebas, but it won't show up. I'm sure I've fished up at least over 100 Pokemon from the bubbling spot in Brooklet Hill's Totem's Den by exiting and entering the area again and again. Apparently Feebas has a 5% encounter chance in bubbling spots there. Am I just really unlucky or fishing at a wrong spot or something?

gliscor&yanmega

I'm trying to get my hands on one of the rarest encounters in the game, Feebas, but it won't show up. I'm sure I've fished up at least over 100 Pokemon from the bubbling spot in Brooklet Hill's Totem's Den by exiting and entering the area again and again. Apparently Feebas has a 5% encounter chance in bubbling spots there. Am I just really unlucky or fishing at a wrong spot or something?

I don't believe it appears in the Totem Den(At least Serebii doesn't show it as such). You'd want to fish in the other spots in Brooklet Hill.

Hasty

Moonside
I don't believe it appears in the Totem Den(At least Serebii doesn't show it as such). You'd want to fish in the other spots in Brooklet Hill.
Oh crap, I thought the "All Areas" on the Feebas' location page means that it appears everywhere in Brooklet Hill... Guess I should've went more into detail. Thanks, I will try my luck at another place than the Totem's Den then. :)

ugurkib

hi guys. i want to another question. the sos battles. two wild pokemon on area. if single pokemon was in arena. how to i can pass my turn. example. two enemy pokemon . i kill one of them.one left. but i want still waiting another to comes ally pokemons. beause i want good iv. pokemons. when one poke left . i m waiting another pokemon. what can i do . unusefull moves ? ( moves pp is lower once attack ) how to i can pass my turn. another switch pokemon another switch pokemon. or another use item . another use items. thanks a lot