• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'm aware of what the odds of hatching a shiny are if you're using both MM method and Shiny charm. And the answer I think is no but I'm just gonna ask to be on the safe side: is this likelihood of getting a shiny altered by the fact that I used Isle Avue to hatch the eggs?

Nope, Pokemon qualities are determined when you get the egg.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Thank you guys! :D

I have another question: the trees ingame that drop berries (usually 3 berries at a time or 5 if a Crabrawler is hiding in them), how long does it take for more berries to drop after I've collected the ones that were there? I'm trying to get Lum Berries and Grepa Berries.

gliscor&yanmega

Thank you guys! :D

I have another question: the trees ingame that drop berries (usually 3 berries at a time or 5 if a Crabrawler is hiding in them), how long does it take for more berries to drop after I've collected the ones that were there? I'm trying to get Lum Berries and Grepa Berries.
Start of next day.

You can soft reset for Berries though. Some Berries only show up when you deal with Crabrawler though, and you can't soft reset for Crabrawler unless it's there already. Not sure if Lum and Grepa are some of those Berries though.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i dont mean to sound impatient but i do know that the codes for the megastones is on the way. have they given any estimate for when all the codes will likely be distributed? im guessing mines on the lower end 32K rank.

Earendil

This should clear things up for people who qualified but don't have the stones.

Thank you very much for the link. At least now I know the code was sent somewhere in my account. :)

i dont mean to sound impatient but i do know that the codes for the megastones is on the way. have they given any estimate for when all the codes will likely be distributed? im guessing mines on the lower end 32K rank.

Are you referring to the Beedrillite and Mawilite Mega Stones?

According to The Pokemon Company, no:

"Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support. Prizes for this event have not yet been awarded or posted. They will be posted on the PGL site once available. The link you're referring on the PGL site on 3/7/17 were the rankings and final scores for this competition. Prizes have not yet been awarded. Please continue to watch the site for updates. We will be closing this ticket at this time."

But according to tens of thousands of people who received the codes via their Pokemon Global Link accounts, Tuesday, March 7th. There must be one guy sitting at a computer somewhere who runs the Global Link website himself, and doesn't communicate at all with The Pokemon Company.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Thank you very much for the link. At least now I know the code was sent somewhere in my account. :)

Are you referring to the Beedrillite and Mawilite Mega Stones?

According to The Pokemon Company, no:

"Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support. Prizes for this event have not yet been awarded or posted. They will be posted on the PGL site once available. The link you're referring on the PGL site on 3/7/17 were the rankings and final scores for this competition. Prizes have not yet been awarded. Please continue to watch the site for updates. We will be closing this ticket at this time."

But according to tens of thousands of people who received the codes via their Pokemon Global Link accounts, Tuesday, March 7th. There must be one guy sitting at a computer somewhere who runs the Global Link website himself, and doesn't communicate at all with The Pokemon Company.

thank you for the reply, i guess i'll just have to rely on good old patience.

i do have a question regarding the Kanto and Johto gen 7 battle competitions. do all the pkmn need to be from gen7 to compete even if they're not part of Alolan dex. id like to bring some 5I gen6 pkmn with ORAS move tutors into the competition.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

They've already been distributed to everyone. Problem is that the link wasn't showing up, and I'm one of those unfortunate people for whom that happened. Here's the link:
https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/present/5263f699-dfcc-4ba9-a0a9-a0a4da05869b

When I clicked on the link, I got my code and I got my Mega Stones. To this day, the link never showed up when I visited the main page--I had to use that link. As of when I'm typing this, the Global Link website is undergoing maintenance though.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
They've already been distributed to everyone. Problem is that the link wasn't showing up, and I'm one of those unfortunate people for whom that happened. Here's the link:

When I clicked on the link, I got my code and I got my Mega Stones. To this day, the link never showed up when I visited the main page--I had to use that link. As of when I'm typing this, the Global Link website is undergoing maintenance though.

thank you very much, i dont know why they didnt prompt us on PGL site but atleast we got the stones.

Earendil

The strange thing about all this is The Pokemon Company's stance on the issue. The first time I asked about the problem with the serial codes, I was sent an auto-generated reply about Global Mission prizes (which bear no relation to the Battle Competition ones). I pointed this out, and the next two times I sent messages through the portal, I was told that the codes are as-yet undistributed.

This is the final "we're fed up with you" message I received:

Yet, the link that's been made widely available online indicates that the codes were.,at least, buried in our accounts somewhere. It really seems as if whomever runs the Global Link is running at cross-purposes to The Pokemon Company. Let's hope that these problems are sorted out in time for the next round of distributions.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Okay, quick question.

Do I really have to rank up each level one at a time to account for thee 4,000 FC I just received from the Global Mission? That's going to take for ever, and I have class in a couple of hours.

Is there not a way to make this go faster? If not, if I close the game now, could I still continue the leveling up later? Or will the 4,000 FC be void to leveling?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Okay, quick question.

Do I really have to rank up each level one at a time to account for thee 4,000 FC I just received from the Global Mission? That's going to take for ever, and I have class in a couple of hours.

Is there not a way to make this go faster? If not, if I close the game now, could I still continue the leveling up later? Or will the 4,000 FC be void to leveling?

I'm not really sure what you mean. But you get the 4000 FC immediately, just talk to the Global Mission lady in the castle.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Okay, quick question.

unfortunately thats a yes to your question. you'll have to gain FC after the 4K prize to level up when you see 0 FC to next level up. your level wont just jump up +13 stages at once. i suggest you stay inside the castle and do several WTs and talk to the people you did the WT with to gain 2FC from them. it still takes a bit of time but its better than running the circuit looking for avatars to talk to for FC gains to bump up your levels.

Prfctcellrulz

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
I was attempting to chain trade for a Shiny Dhelmise on the GTS and ended up getting a communication error so now I'm banned from trading for a while. How long does it take until I'm able to trade again so I can resume Shiny hunting?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i have a question with the inverse type missions. i know most of the right answers to the typings they ask me but im having some issues with the dark, fighting and psychic. the problem with some of them deals when the 2nd typing is a normally super effective move. what are the usual primary and secondary answers for these 3 typings in the inverse type missions? i know insect answers do suffice most of the time for fighting but the 2nd typing doesnt always make it the right answer.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Dark is usually the one I use for Fighting, because you can reach it easily by pushing up four times. Only when they ask for Fighting-Psychic go for Fighting itself, that type combination has very few weaknesses in inverse, I think only fighting and rock.

Another one that doesn't have much inverse weaknesses is Psychic-Dark, for that one you've got to pick Psychic attacks, I think that's the only weakness of that combination in inverse.

Last edited:

Raicario

Pokemon hybrid
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I need to ask a favor of everyone whom sees this post, and I couldn't figure out where else it could go.

Uh... If anyone on this site that sees this post happens to come into possession of a pokemon with the OT Kurai, Pikario, or Raicario... Can you PM me please? I'll happily trade to get certain ones back, since I regret ever trading them in the first place.

And, uh... If I've overstepped the boundaries of this thread, just... delete this post, I guess.

Thanks in advance.

Road

Shiny Master
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I need to ask a favor of everyone whom sees this post, and I couldn't figure out where else it could go.

Uh... If anyone on this site that sees this post happens to come into possession of a pokemon with the OT Kurai, Pikario, or Raicario... Can you PM me please? I'll happily trade to get certain ones back, since I regret ever trading them in the first place.

And, uh... If I've overstepped the boundaries of this thread, just... delete this post, I guess.

Thanks in advance.
Not sure if this is the right place either, but if you know the specific species of the Pokemon (or if they're Shiny or have high IVs, etc), you could probably make posts in the appropriate threads in the trade section. Might get you some more hits!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Alright, my Greninja is at level 100 and has a Speed stat of 343. I looked on Serebii's page for the max speed stats for Garchomp and with a speed-favoring nature, it can only go up to 333 max. So how was the Garchomp that I battled with my Greninja able to outspeed it? And no, it wasn't holding a Quick Claw.

Road

Shiny Master
Alright, my Greninja is at level 100 and has a Speed stat of 343. I looked on Serebii's page for the max speed stats for Garchomp and with a speed-favoring nature, it can only go up to 333 max. So how was the Garchomp that I battled with my Greninja able to outspeed it? And no, it wasn't holding a Quick Claw.
Assuming it had no boosts, it didn't have Salac Berry (you would have seen the activation for it I think), and it wasn't using a priority move, Choice Scarf is the only thing I can think of. Or hacks.