• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
As Road mentioned, they'llconly penalize you if you use hacked Pokémon in battles. As long as you keep that Tapu Koko away from your Battle Boxes, they'll be fine.

If you're that afraid of linking the game to Global Link, however, you'll still get FC for participating in Global Missions. You just get half of the amount linked people get. The egg-hatching one going on right now is certain to meet its goal, so an unlinked game will still probably get 2,000 FC at the end of it, enough to get the five-star lottery you want with plenty of FC to spare.
I had no plans to use the tapu koko and rather just leave them in the box..

She doesn't seem to let me join unless I link. I don't even see how there's an option to get the half.

porygonfan

Why are some Pokémon you can trade into sun/moon without a pokedex entry? From what I understand all Pokémon can be traded into sun/moon, so why not make it so all have a pokedex entry?

BCVM22

Only Pokémon in the Alola Dex have a Pokédex entry, because there's no National Dex.

If you use Pokémon Bank's National Dex, you can read the written entries for the entire bestiary.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is there any suggestions on getting the hidden power fire on modest magnemite outside of luck? i got 2-3 boxes of imperfect IVs to the point where they arent very useful without hyper training. is there any sort of spread i should look for for hidden fire? can i also hyper train a hidden fire IV pkmn to have 31 superficial IVs and still retain the fire hidden power value? i have yet to check my spare pkmn for the hidden powers but i'll do so relatively soon.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
is there any suggestions on getting the hidden power fire on modest magnemite outside of luck? i got 2-3 boxes of imperfect IVs to the point where they arent very useful without hyper training. is there any sort of spread i should look for for hidden fire? can i also hyper train a hidden fire IV pkmn to have 31 superficial IVs and still retain the fire hidden power value? i have yet to check my spare pkmn for the hidden powers but i'll do so relatively soon.
Unfortunately I think it really is down to luck- depending on your IV bases for breeding- you might want to switch up whatever replaceable parents you have for something with more or less IV's to increase your chances of getting the right HP. And yes, anything with HP Fire will retain it after Hyper Training

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Unfortunately I think it really is down to luck- depending on your IV bases for breeding- you might want to switch up whatever replaceable parents you have for something with more or less IV's to increase your chances of getting the right HP. And yes, anything with HP Fire will retain it after Hyper Training

thank you for the reply. i dont usually do HP breeding so most of the pairings are based on 31 IVs and the HP results are usually dark/dragon for the final choice to use as battle pkmn. i did get lucky with a ground HP magnemite with some 31 and 27-30 IVs on others. the fire HP are likely hidden?? in the lower IV'd offspring i have stored away. is HP ice a useful hidden power to have on magnezone? i do have a HP ice stored away, it might be useful for some dragon pkmn.

i'll definitely check the others i stored away. i dont have the ideal ditto with the 31 IVs or the patience for a random fire iv at this point. i do have my own good IV dittos but not many from other people and i dont want to waitht he lower egg chances. i have since moved onto a HA moon ball rockruff line for a physical attacker. i just hope i got a HP fire magnemite stored away somewhere.

edit: it looks like i'll need some luck on hp fire, im mostly getting electric, dragon, dark with a few grass, ice, steel and ground HP results. i got a fire HP on one of the last 24 pkmni had to check :)

Last edited:

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
I hope somone has the answer to this question, since I can't find anything. I did a wonder trade and got a Level 100 Shiny Tsareena with an Adamant nature and the ID 610503. This trade came from someone in Japan. But that's the ID of the Careful-natured Steenee from Kumu, while the Bounsweet with the ID 610507 is Adamant! (at least according to Serebii's page). Also, is it even possible for the in-game traded pokemon to be shiny? I should also point out that this person switched Tsareena's ability to Queenly Majesty (hopefully the legal way with an Abilty Capsule). I'm a little suspicious, so if anyone can help me determine whether this pokemon's been hacked or not... I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

shadowF

Is there a way to battle Guzma in the battle tree in Sun? Perhaps changing dimensions using a lunala? I know it helps change the day to night but could it also do this as well?

Akashin

Is there a way to battle Guzma in the battle tree in Sun? Perhaps changing dimensions using a lunala? I know it helps change the day to night but could it also do this as well?

No, Guzma is Moon-only no matter what you do.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
n odd question to ask I've been hatching Slowpoke eggs to get a good Slowking as part of my filling the 'dex with the better pokemons with awkward trading i.e. trading/items/daytimes etc.. and I've hatched a rash (Good nature) slowpoke, I've put the judge on it and it says best for attack/def/speed/sp.def/sp.attack and very good for HP. When I put these into Serebii's IV checker it didn't come out as 31IV in these so are these perfect IVs and the HP maybe at 29/30?

Can someone help me I'm not a big IV breeder I've only done moves/natures before not specifically bred for IVs. Extra Info Planning on calm mind/surf/psychic/slack off or maybe Ice beam/dazzling gleam not planning on doing a trick room based slowking.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
n odd question to ask I've been hatching Slowpoke eggs to get a good Slowking as part of my filling the 'dex with the better pokemons with awkward trading i.e. trading/items/daytimes etc.. and I've hatched a rash (Good nature) slowpoke, I've put the judge on it and it says best for attack/def/speed/sp.def/sp.attack and very good for HP. When I put these into Serebii's IV checker it didn't come out as 31IV in these so are these perfect IVs and the HP maybe at 29/30?

Can someone help me I'm not a big IV breeder I've only done moves/natures before not specifically bred for IVs. Extra Info Planning on calm mind/surf/psychic/slack off or maybe Ice beam/dazzling gleam not planning on doing a trick room based slowking.

If the judge says the stat is 'Best' then the IV is always 31. I've never encountered Serebii's IV calculator to be inaccurate or erroneous though. Remember that you can't really use an IV calculator at all at level 1, pretty much every Slowpoke has the same stats at level 1 regardless of IVs due to rounding.

As far as IV breeding goes, I'm not the best at it, but what I do in Sun/Moon is first get parents with a couple of perfect IVs. You do this by SOS chaining until I think 40+ SOS calls in a single battle, then you catch that one and it'll always have at least 4 IVs at 31. Breed two parents with different IVs at 31 together while having one of them hold a Destiny Knot and 5 IVs should get passed down to the baby. After about 20 or so eggs you should get one with 5 perfect IVs. Use the Everstone to pass down the nature on the other parent. Either keep on hatching until you get one you want to use or (what I usually do) settle for 4 perfect IVs in the right places and the right ability, level it up to level 100 and then hyper train the last IV. Most pokémon don't need 6 perfect IVs, only mixed attackers have any use of that. And pokémon like Slowking don't really need a perfect speed IV either, they're not going to go first anyway.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
If the judge says the stat is 'Best' then the IV is always 31. I've never encountered Serebii's IV calculator to be inaccurate or erroneous though. Remember that you can't really use an IV calculator at all at level 1, pretty much every Slowpoke has the same stats at level 1 regardless of IVs due to rounding.

As far as IV breeding goes, I'm not the best at it, but what I do in Sun/Moon is first get parents with a couple of perfect IVs. You do this by SOS chaining until I think 40+ SOS calls in a single battle, then you catch that one and it'll always have at least 4 IVs at 31. Breed two parents with different IVs at 31 together while having one of them hold a Destiny Knot and 5 IVs should get passed down to the baby. After about 20 or so eggs you should get one with 5 perfect IVs. Use the Everstone to pass down the nature on the other parent. Either keep on hatching until you get one you want to use or (what I usually do) settle for 4 perfect IVs in the right places and the right ability, level it up to level 100 and then hyper train the last IV. Most pokémon don't need 6 perfect IVs, only mixed attackers have any use of that. And pokémon like Slowking don't really need a perfect speed IV either, they're not going to go first anyway.

Thank you :) my judge says best for those IVs expect for HP I estimate it at 29/30. It said IVs down to 31 on the IV checker at Level 1 so it might have been because of that. I've been SOS chaining for ages with dittos and other parent pokemon (I'm starting with slowpoke, I've managed to get a 3/4 IV Ghastly so that will be my next one). I've got both to hold a destiny knot but didn't get a right nature so hatched plenty of eggs (will start using an everstone) most of my offspring have been 2/3 IVs and a couple of 4IV I'm quite chuffed as this is my first attempt of IV breeding. I'll start to breed a Modest one now with HP/Def/Sp.Def/Sp.attack. Thank you for the tips very appreciated :)

Alright, so... Remember how I mentioned that I felt like the Battle Tree reward items were connected in a group along with the Fortune Teller tents in Festival Plaza? Well, for the tents I just had to use one of them and they were working again after I used them all, not sure if that's a daily thing or not.

But as for the Battle Tree rewards... Now it only gives me the reward items after I've lost and I have to start my streak all over again. I remember hearing something of that degree once (that you only get the items upon losing). I might have just been hearing things, though. But I guess that's not the worst thing in the world, it does make some sense. I'll have to try this on my other copy of Sun at some point, though.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Thank you :) my judge says best for those IVs expect for HP I estimate it at 29/30. It said IVs down to 31 on the IV checker at Level 1 so it might have been because of that. I've been SOS chaining for ages with dittos and other parent pokemon (I'm starting with slowpoke, I've managed to get a 3/4 IV Ghastly so that will be my next one). I've got both to hold a destiny knot but didn't get a right nature so hatched plenty of eggs (will start using an everstone) most of my offspring have been 2/3 IVs and a couple of 4IV I'm quite chuffed as this is my first attempt of IV breeding. I'll start to breed a Modest one now with HP/Def/Sp.Def/Sp.attack. Thank you for the tips very appreciated :)

Serebii lists all possible IVs based on the information you provide. If you only put in the stats at level 1 it's not going to know much, often pokemon with 0IV and 31 IV have the same stat at level 1 simply due to rounding.

Kittypotts

Hello, I wondered if a more experienced trainer could help me,
I'm attempting to sos chain a shiny misdreavus for my collection, but the spite moves makes this sooooo annoying, can anyone tell me if there is a move to counteract spite? Would a substitute work? Please help

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I just restore PP in battle with Leppa Berries. I still have like 500+ Leppa Berries on my game thanks to Poké Pelago.

Road

Shiny Master
Hello, I wondered if a more experienced trainer could help me,
I'm attempting to sos chain a shiny misdreavus for my collection, but the spite moves makes this sooooo annoying, can anyone tell me if there is a move to counteract spite? Would a substitute work? Please help
Agreeing with Sceptile above. If you actually want to keep Misdreavous from using Spite:

1) Use Taunt, as it makes the opponent only able to use attacking moves. (Only lasts I think 3 turns however.)
2) Use a Pokemon with the Magic Bounce ability, this will send the move back at the user (ie. Misdreavus' Spite would be affected by Spite.)

Both of these will limit/deplete the Misdreavous' moves/PP however, which puts you in danger of it using Struggle sooner and accidentally killing itself with recoil which might mess up your chain. Hope it helps tho!

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
Both of these will limit/deplete the Misdreavous' moves/PP however, which puts you in danger of it using Struggle sooner and accidentally killing itself with recoil which might mess up your chain. Hope it helps tho!

It helps to simply kill off the worn-down Misdreavus after some time has passed. I'd pick that option over stopping it from using Spite simply because you can just load down your pokemon with high PP moves, PP Up them, and let them be a high level so they kill Misdreavus anyways.
Without Pressure, Misdreavus has a total of 65 pp to use, 80 if it's level 10 and has Astonish. Just pull up some sort of counter to count how many moves Misdreavus has used then kill it off once it gets too low.

Kittypotts

Thank you all for your replies! I was gonna harvest skill swap a lepta berry onto misdreavus, but as xantuish and sceptile leaf blade pointed it would be better to simply switch callers to prevent the never ending spite I had caused myself. Thanks again, gotta go farm me some berries!

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
I'm wondering, I want to change the language of my Pokebank, but after searching online for a while it doesn't seem to be possible in the app itself.

So, if I delete the App and redownload it, does the language reset? Also, if it does, would I lose the pokemon inside of my bank?