• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Road

Shiny Master

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Does Zoroark still shine when its Illusion is canceled or does it have to reveal itself by being in the last slot? I'm just curious :p
All Bulbapedia told me was that its Illusion is cancelled during Z moves...pretty weird I wonder if that's a glitch or intentional.

Road

Shiny Master
Does Zoroark still shine when its Illusion is canceled or does it have to reveal itself by being in the last slot? I'm just curious :p
Uhh from what I've seen in battles, if the teammate is non-Shiny, Zoarua/Zoroark will transform into that non-Shiny form regardless of if it's Shiny or not itself. I'm not sure about if the teammate is Shiny; I THINK it also changes into it's Shiny teammate, but I haven't seen enough battle videos to confirm this. Either way Zorua/Zoroark's Shiny status is irrelevant.

CLeigh

I am looking to get a kanto Raichu in my sun/moon game. I was told it is impossible to get a pichu to evolve into a kanto raichu in sun/moon, even if the pichu is not alolan.

Is there a way then to get a low level kanto Raichu, whether by thunderstones or whatnot, to then be sent to sun/moon? If so where would I go to get this?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I am looking to get a kanto Raichu in my sun/moon game. I was told it is impossible to get a pichu to evolve into a kanto raichu in sun/moon, even if the pichu is not alolan.

Is there a way then to get a low level kanto Raichu, whether by thunderstones or whatnot, to then be sent to sun/moon? If so where would I go to get this?

The only way to get the regular Raichu is from the RBY Virtual Console or from XY/ORAS via PokeBank.

CLeigh

The only way to get the regular Raichu is from the RBY Virtual Console or from XY/ORAS via PokeBank.

Thanks for the reply!

It is not possible then for someone on the forums to trade me a normal raichu they got from the pokebank for something? it HAS to come directly from the pokebank into my game?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Thanks for the reply!

It is not possible then for someone on the forums to trade me a normal raichu they got from the pokebank for something? it HAS to come directly from the pokebank into my game?

It's possible for someone to trade you a "Kanto" Raichu if the Raichu was evolved in RBY or XY/ORAS or any other older game.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is there a problem with other members here to register for the 2017 april battle competition???

i tried registering for the competition as soon as it turned to the 18 TH abut it only said the previous competition had ended already. i tried again well into the 19th and just now and got the same message that the previous competition has ended and that there arent any other current ones i can register for. i do want to get the mega stones for the collection and might even use M-sceptile in rare occasions but it wont happen unless i can sign up for the competition. i already had no issues signing up for the previous 2 competitions.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
is there a problem with other members here to register for the 2017 april battle competition???

i tried registering for the competition as soon as it turned to the 18 TH abut it only said the previous competition had ended already. i tried again well into the 19th and just now and got the same message that the previous competition has ended and that there arent any other current ones i can register for. i do want to get the mega stones for the collection and might even use M-sceptile in rare occasions but it wont happen unless i can sign up for the competition. i already had no issues signing up for the previous 2 competitions.

I signed up moments ago with no issue.

Sorry I can't help with that, I can't think of anything that would stop you from signing up beyond a ban, which it should say if you are banned from entering competitions.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I signed up moments ago with no issue.

Sorry I can't help with that, I can't think of anything that would stop you from signing up beyond a ban, which it should say if you are banned from entering competitions.

well i hope that you're wrong as i dont do any of the stuff one has to do to get banned. i did get some hacked pkmn before from WT but i never did anything with them. they all stayed in the box and offline.

normally when players get banned they get this:
The connection to Pokémon
Global Link from this saved data
has been denied.
(Error Code: 090-0212)

i never saw that code show on my game and i have no issues syncing my game up to the system. so i have no clue why i cant see or sign up for the current competition. i put up random pkmn and was able to get into a rated battle so i doubt its a permaban.

if i do miss this competition for any problem on their side then thats ok as the wanted megas i need have yet to be offered.

EDIT: i did send a question to PGL support just now concerning this issue. i hope for a fast reply.

Last edited:
For this April's online competition are we allowed to use pokemon that were bred by someone else in sun/moon and received through wonder trade or do the pokemon have to have our own trainer ID's?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
For this April's online competition are we allowed to use pokemon that were bred by someone else in sun/moon and received through wonder trade or do the pokemon have to have our own trainer ID's?

Any Alolan native Pokemon (with the plus mark on the summary screen) can be used, they do not need to be your own. Wonder Trade Pokemon can be a bit iffy however as you can't tell if they are hacked or not (discounting obivious ones such as a HA Alolan starter).

If i download the demo does it work the way it worked before, and can i still get all the items and ash greninja?

I had to start my game over due to certain circumstances so i lost all my pokemon.

Road

Shiny Master
If i download the demo does it work the way it worked before, and can i still get all the items and ash greninja?

I had to start my game over due to certain circumstances so i lost all my pokemon.
I think it's all still the same. You can transfer the rewards to multiple games, so if you still have the demo and want to transfer to a new game you can.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm speaking hypothetically here, but if I got a copy of Moon, started the game originally on the same 3DS as I play my Sun version on, and then tried to play this copy of Moon on a different 3DS, could I do that?

Road

Shiny Master
I'm speaking hypothetically here, but if I got a copy of Moon, started the game originally on the same 3DS as I play my Sun version on, and then tried to play this copy of Moon on a different 3DS, could I do that?
I don't see why not. Pretty sure none of the data this gen is linked between the cartridge and the DS anymore (the FC depends on the DS, the sync codes are in the cartridge), so there shouldn't be any problem.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Granted it's situational for the team you bring and the battle style participating in (singles, doubles, etc) but what is the closest to universal way to deal with drizzle politoed teams? For example obviously a cloud nine ability would shut down their rain, but that's more situational as not everyone carries that. But like a good tactic might be to over power them with things they're weak to or maybe take advantage of the rain yourself (even if not running rain yourself) and fight fire with fire (though I am aware that water on water without anything bringing it to neutral via secondary type is not effective).

nel3

Crimson Dragon

its possible to do so but you'll run into time warping issues. exact DS time is irrelevant, just the fact you play the game on another DS will time warp your game.

i got a 2ds and 3ds XL back in gen6 days and farm the 2 PKbank apps with my sun game. if you keep each game on its separate DS system all your daily events will remain uninterrupted. however if you put your sun or moon from DS A -> DS B then your plaza functions will dissappear (ie lottery shops, fortune houses close down, bouncy houses too will close down) your daily lottery and pyukumuku chucking wont work until enough natural time has passed to get back in rhythm. usually it takes a day or 2 for the game to get back the daily events if you keep that game on that particular DS system.

i still put my sun in the 2ds to get the free BP but i do so when i dont mind skipping the daily events/useful plaza perks. the game is saved on the cartridge, not the DS system. you'll be able to play like usual minus the daily events in gen7.

Last edited:

BCVM22

You'd be shut out of anything time-based for a few days, and you'd lose access to anyone whose Friend Code you had added on the original system. The majority of the game would play as normal.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Granted it's situational for the team you bring and the battle style participating in (singles, doubles, etc) but what is the closest to universal way to deal with drizzle politoed teams? For example obviously a cloud nine ability would shut down their rain, but that's more situational as not everyone carries that. But like a good tactic might be to over power them with things they're weak to or maybe take advantage of the rain yourself (even if not running rain yourself) and fight fire with fire (though I am aware that water on water without anything bringing it to neutral via secondary type is not effective).

Probably something with Water Absorb, Swift Swim, Dry Skin or Storm drain such as Gastrodon which makes the rain more beneficial for you than your opponent. My personal favourite for a rain situation is a Dry Skin Heliolisk which can spam Thunder and will heal back some damage each turn in rain. Otherwise having a Drought user in the back of your party to instantly shut down rain will also work- but if they swith out the Drizzle pokemon the battle becomes very situational and can rely on a lot of prediction for victory.