• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
How do i get dye shops that arent pastel colors? like i want actual blue or purple not pastel blue or purple.

You will need to either a) Work on leveling up your Festival Plaza until Sophicles offers you a 3 or 5-star (probably 5-star in your case) dye shop for your Plaza, or b) try to find players that appear in your Plaza that have what you want by interacting with them and selecting "Do you know any good facilities?" (You still need to level up your Plaza to rank 8 to unlock this feature and save up enough Festival Coins to get the facilities.)

You will need to either a) Work on leveling up your Festival Plaza until Sophicles offers you a 3 or 5-star (probably 5-star in your case) dye shop for your Plaza, or b) try to find players that appear in your Plaza that have what you want by interacting with them and selecting "Do you know any good facilities?" (You still need to level up your Plaza to rank 8 to unlock this feature and save up enough Festival Coins to get the facilities.)

ok and do you know how i know if its pastel or not becsuse it doesnt seem to say if it is. it just says red, orange, etc.

Satoshi & Touko

ok and do you know how i know if its pastel or not becsuse it doesnt seem to say if it is. it just says red, orange, etc.

The 1-star dye shops will only have the choice of pastel, the 3-star will have the choice of pastel or dark, and the 5-star shop will have the choice of pastel, dark, or bright.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

1 star dye shops ony offer the pastel varieties, 3* pastel and dark colors, 5* pastel, dark and bright colors. keep in mind if you get a 5* stall you can only get that particular bright blue, you can only access the other bright varieties with the ??? 58 color stall. before you chose the stall you want, i suggest you do the "research color" missions. you'll get a good idea of the colors that are possible to dye the clothing.

the color stall also lets u have access to the other pastel/dark colors with the use of certain berries but only 5* gets both the dark and pastel of other colors. 3* only gets dark of other colors and 1* gets only pastel of other colors.

1 star dye shops ony offer the pastel varieties, 3* pastel and dark colors, 5* pastel, dark and bright colors. keep in mind if you get a 5* stall you can only get that particular bright blue, you can only access the other bright varieties with the ??? 58 color stall. before you chose the stall you want, i suggest you do the "research color" missions. you'll get a good idea of the colors that are possible to dye the clothing.

the color stall also lets u have access to the other pastel/dark colors with the use of certain berries but only 5* gets both the dark and pastel of other colors. 3* only gets dark of other colors and 1* gets only pastel of other colors.

ahh ok thank you so much!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
ahh ok thank you so much!

np, thats why i like the 5* stalls. you can get nearly all the colors barring the other bright varieties with just 1 stall.

Satoshi & Touko

Also for the record, I have 5-star dye shops for red, green, blue and pink, so if you decide to utilize the feature of trying to get one of these facilities through the "Do you know any good facilities?" trick, I can help with that if you're looking for one of these colors.

Leafy Sea Dragon

Is it possible for it to (naturally) rain in Malie Garden during the night? I'm attempting to SOS Politoed and I've been too lazy to get a Pelipper for Drizzle or any Pokemon with Rain Dance. I have Pokemon Sun and it likes to rain an hour before it becomes dark. I've tried searching to see if anyone else had the same problem waiting for natural rain and I'm getting mixed results. Some are saying it rains during the night, some say it doesn't naturally rain at all during the night and that we have to use a Pokemon and Damp rock for that. I've found a couple of results saying you could hop into the portal in the other world for it to rain during the night, but I haven't had any luck with that. When I tried that, it wasn't even raining in my game... My 3DS clock is also an hour behind so maybe that screw me up? Not sure...

Midway edit: I've tried a second time going through the portal and while it was raining in the main Sun world, it still wasn't raining in the alternate Moon world. So is it right to assume it doesn't naturally rain during the night there?

porygonfan

Two breeding questions.

1- can you breed a hacked Pokémon, and the offspring will then be considered legit?
2- Can flareon and vaporeon breed being different element types, and will eevee (offspring) learn any water/fire moves, or the evolution you evolve it into even if it's not vaporeon or flareon?

BCVM22

1- can you breed a hacked Pokémon, and the offspring will then be considered legit?

Matter of opinion. The game will recognize it as "legitimate," though if you trade it to someone they may not. Full disclosure as to the Pokémon's parentage is recommended in any trade.

2- Can flareon and vaporeon breed being different element types

Their types are irrelevant. What matters is that they're in the same egg group (Field, to which the entire Eevee family belongs) and thus can breed together.

and will eevee (offspring) learn any water/fire moves, or the evolution you evolve it into even if it's not vaporeon or flareon?

The only elemental moves of any sort that Eevee can learn by any means are Sunny Day and Rain Dance, both of which both Vaporeon and Flareon can learn via TM. So while those moves could theoretically be passed to Eevee as TM egg moves, Eevee, Vaporeon and Flareon can all learn all three via TMs straight up, so there's no particular advantage to that. Nor would you want a move that dampens attacks of its own type on Vaporeon or Flareon.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Two breeding questions.

2- Can flareon and vaporeon breed being different element types, and will eevee (offspring) learn any water/fire moves, or the evolution you evolve it into even if it's not vaporeon or flareon?

1. They shouldn't be considered a hack (think quite a lot of breeders use 6IV Dittos) but don't try breeding anything that cannot be legally obtained at the moment (e.g: Beast Ball Porygon or a HA Alolan starter).

2. Since Vaporeon and Flareon are in the same Egg Group they can breed with each other. Eevee will not learn any water/fire moves since they are not any of its Egg Moves.

Edit: Ninja'd

shadowF

Is there any way to get Midnight Lycanroc in Pokemon Sun?

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
Is there any way to get Midnight Lycanroc in Pokemon Sun?

Get a second DS and Pokemon Moon, then send the ideal Rockruff over with a Rare Candy. Level it up, let it evolve, and send it back.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I'm always hesitant to sell the items that's main purpose is to get more money (mushrooms, pearls, etc) because sometimes they are used for stuff (biggest example I used was stardust for pp up in gen 5). Anyone know if any of the items to sell are used for any npcs for anything (excluding the heart scale)

Road

Shiny Master
I'm always hesitant to sell the items that's main purpose is to get more money (mushrooms, pearls, etc) because sometimes they are used for stuff (biggest example I used was stardust for pp up in gen 5). Anyone know if any of the items to sell are used for any npcs for anything (excluding the heart scale)
Double-checked in item listings and no, only Heart Scale is traded to NPCs in this game. The shards and mushrooms had uses in older generations but not this one. Sell away!

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Double-checked in item listings and no, only Heart Scale is traded to NPCs in this game. The shards and mushrooms had uses in older generations but not this one. Sell away!
Awesome thanks! was waiting to find outr first but now I can sell for the vitamins I need ^^

btw, never noticed how much shiny lycanroc day looks like Tiger of the Wind from Monster Rancher O.O

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

You can trade the coloured shards (red, blue, yellow, green) for bottle caps in the plaza castle