• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Road

Shiny Master
Are the ash pikachus able to be traded through wondertrade because i received one through wondertrade.
No. The ribbon it's supposed to have (see the event database) restricts Wonder Trade and GTS trading. Likely it's ribbon was removed to WT it, but this is still considered hacking and therefore it's not legit.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
If that's the case then I'm wrong.

But if you just needed two EV's, why not just KO the Pichu (or Route 1 Rattata)?

Unless you saved and are stuck at 250, you could use another berry to get to 240, find Golbat and then wait for them to SOS another Golbat in (for the 8 Speed Ev's w/ Pokerus).

hope this helps when you don't have pokerus with band of choice stat your trying to ev train its 14 knock outs to 252 with pokerus its only 7 knockouts for 252 however when you do mixed evs they get a bit tricky which if he stuck at 250 evs he can take off the band and kockout the mon of choice its stat trying to boost to 252 and it should sparkle. I use zubat in that one cave in for speed...I would use mons that give you only +1 evs over others because it gets confusing after awhile what your doing it with +2 or +3 evs per knock out doubling with rus and as well as the band +8

Last edited:

naao

How do I make a Pokémon in Poké Pelago leave, when it already has "seems to have taken quite a liking to this place"?

I accidentally clicked on it too many times before, I guess. Now the Pokémon already has the heart in a little bubble over it's head, and when I click on it Mohn asks "Why don't you let it join your team?" and I reply "No". But the Pokémon still stays, as Mohn keeps saying "If you change your mind, though, let me know!". It has been there for months. I don't want to accept this Pokémon to my team, and I don't want it around Poké Pelago either. How do I make it leave now?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
you cant make it leave, just put it on your team and then WT it away. the best policy is to click on those you want and leave the others alone to go on their own accord.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
How do I make a Pokémon in Poké Pelago leave, when it already has "seems to have taken quite a liking to this place"?

I accidentally clicked on it too many times before, I guess. Now the Pokémon already has the heart in a little bubble over it's head, and when I click on it Mohn asks "Why don't you let it join your team?" and I reply "No". But the Pokémon still stays, as Mohn keeps saying "If you change your mind, though, let me know!". It has been there for months. I don't want to accept this Pokémon to my team, and I don't want it around Poké Pelago either. How do I make it leave now?

You can always release from your PC.

naao

you cant make it leave, just put it on your team and then WT it away. the best policy is to click on those you want and leave the others alone to go on their own accord.
Oh. Then it's quite useless that the game asks you if you want the Pokémon to join your team, cause in the end you have no choice.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Oh. Then it's quite useless that the game asks you if you want the Pokémon to join your team, cause in the end you have no choice.

pretty much. i tried leaving one for a few days and it just stayed there like Conseula from Family guy LOL.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I've entered the most recent Battle competition to get some Mega stones. When and how will we actually receive them?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I've entered the most recent Battle competition to get some Mega stones. When and how will we actually receive them?

It always takes a few days, sometimes longer. The Global Link and Serebii's homepages will post a link when they are made available. when logged into your global link account with the game that participated, the link will take you to a unique code that provides you with the stones through Mystery Gift.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Hey guys, by any chance when I can get a Pidgeotite stone? I miss a chance to competitions at that time(damn my exam).

naao

How are Island Scan Pokémon's IVs? Is there any set pattern? (like for example 50% chance of at least 2 full IVs, or something)

Or is it all the time with Island Scan Pokémon complete random just like how it is with normal wild encounters? (excluding SOS calls)

Road

Shiny Master
How are Island Scan Pokémon's IVs? Is there any set pattern? (like for example 50% chance of at least 2 full IVs, or something)

Or is it all the time with Island Scan Pokémon complete random just like how it is with normal wild encounters? (excluding SOS calls)
I don't think we have any data on it but it seems to be random. I did one for Samurott and SRed a couple times, all of them seemed to have trash IVs.

naao

Okay, so I'm trying to catch a Chikorita with 1 perfect IV in HP. Is there anything that I can do that makes that more likely to happen? Or does it have to be complete random? (1 chance of 31). I'm thinking if anything I do can affect it, like a high level of the Pokémon I catch it with, or my Pokémon's held item like Power Weight or Destiny's Knot, or some ability or move that matches the wild Pokémon's HP IV to the HP IV of the first Pokémon in my Party. You get it, something like that. Is there anything that makes it more likely for a perfect HP IV to happen to the wild encounter?

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Okay, so I'm trying to catch a Chikorita with 1 perfect IV in HP. Is there anything that I can do that makes that more likely to happen? Or does it have to be complete random? (1 chance of 31). I'm thinking if anything I do can affect it, like a high level of the Pokémon I catch it with, or my Pokémon's held item like Power Weight or Destiny's Knot, or some ability or move that matches the wild Pokémon's HP IV to the HP IV of the first Pokémon in my Party. You get it, something like that. Is there anything that makes it more likely for a perfect HP IV to happen to the wild encounter?

Completely random. However Since Chikorita can breed, you can get a 31IVin HP male in the Mosnter or Grass Egg group or a Ditto and start Breeding. If you are looking for a certain Pokéball, you can bring one down.

naao

Thanks everyone for the replies! I got it with SpDef IV so I think it's better actually!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Just a quickie, but if I have not yet completed any of the Grand Trials, up to what level will a traded Pokemon obey me?

Edit: Thanks, BCMV22. That's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure. :)

Last edited:

BCVM22

Because it applies to traded Pokémon only. Pokémon for which you are the OT will still obey you regardless.