• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Weird, I always overlevel my Pokémon before a Gym Badge/Kahuna Battle and never got ''issues''. NEVER.

Anyone knows how many battles you have to beat at Battle Royale to get its Stamp?

The Battle Royale does not have a stamp associated with it but beating the Master Rank unlocks the Idol Style battle pose.

cottony

I don't know where else I'm supposed to post this, so I suppose here will do... If there is a more fitting thread please let me know.

I just got back from travel to Hong Kong and obtained codes for the shiny Tapu Koko event. If anyone with a Japanese or Chinese/Taiwanese/Hong Kong copy (not setting the language to either one, an actual copy that was sold in either region) would be willing to redeem them for me and trade them back to me, I could give some sort of compensation. Thank you!

Road

Shiny Master
I don't know where else I'm supposed to post this, so I suppose here will do... If there is a more fitting thread please let me know.

I just got back from travel to Hong Kong and obtained codes for the shiny Tapu Koko event. If anyone with a Japanese or Chinese/Taiwanese/Hong Kong copy (not setting the language to either one, an actual copy that was sold in either region) would be willing to redeem them for me and trade them back to me, I could give some sort of compensation. Thank you!
Here is okay I think! You could also maybe post in the Event and Tapu Koko threads in the trading section. I have a Japanese game but I've already redeemed a code here so I'm not sure I could do it (we can only redeem one per cart), so I'm not sure I can offer.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Anyone know how to dye items that the dye shop says you don't have, even though the clothing shop says you do have them in white? I've got several items that simply don't show up on the Festival Plaza dye shop, like the Flower Barrette. Are there limitations to what kind of colour combinations the game allows?

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Anyone know how to dye items that the dye shop says you don't have, even though the clothing shop says you do have them in white? I've got several items that simply don't show up on the Festival Plaza dye shop, like the Flower Barrette. Are there limitations to what kind of colour combinations the game allows?

You can't dye hair accessories or eyewear, that's why those items aren't showing up.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You can't dye hair accessories or eyewear, that's why those items aren't showing up.

Well that's just stupid. Is there any way to get a green flower barrette then in Sun version aside from hoping someone has it in Plaza and then hoping you can register them as VIP until you can get it? Registration as VIP doesn't always work either, it sometimes says 'Registration Failed', so then you lose your shot if they don't offer the barrette on that day. I mean, this system is just ridiculous, it's just RNG dependent on what kind of sprites appear on Plaza as far as I can tell, and then it's another RNG which determines what clothing they offer, and then there's some other hidden mechanic that determines whether or not you can register. You can't even really work towards obtaining it otherwise, you just have to get lucky, what kind of game mechanic is that?

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Well that's just stupid. Is there any way to get a green flower barrette then in Sun version aside from hoping someone has it in Plaza and then hoping you can register them as VIP until you can get it? Registration as VIP doesn't always work either, it sometimes says 'Registration Failed', so then you lose your shot if they don't offer the barrette on that day. I mean, this system is just ridiculous, it's just RNG dependent on what kind of sprites appear on Plaza as far as I can tell, and then it's another RNG which determines what clothing they offer, and then there's some other hidden mechanic that determines whether or not you can register. You can't even really work towards obtaining it otherwise, you just have to get lucky, what kind of game mechanic is that?

To answer the bolded question, unfortunately not. Also, not sure what to say about your registering VIPs problem. I used to have that issue as well, but it hasn't been happening lately. Is your Sun version upgraded to the current version (Ver 1.1)?

If you're really wanting the green flower barrette, I have an idea. It might take a little while, but I think that you'll eventually be able to get it. Since I change my characters appearance usually every day, how about you try and register my character as a VIP and try to order the barrette from her? I'll make sure that for the next few outfits she wears, they include the barrette so that each time you see her appearance change (this should happen regularly since I'm online relatively often), you can try to get it.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
To answer the bolded question, unfortunately not. Also, not sure what to say about your registering VIPs problem. I used to have that issue as well, but it hasn't been happening lately. Is your Sun version upgraded to the current version (Ver 1.1)?

If you're really wanting the green flower barrette, I have an idea. It might take a little while, but I think that you'll eventually be able to get it. Since I change my characters appearance usually every day, how about you try and register my character as a VIP and try to order the barrette from her? I'll make sure that for the next few outfits she wears, they include the barrette so that each time you see her appearance change (this should happen regularly since I'm online relatively often), you can try to get it.

Alright, I've added your FC, if you can also add mine I should be able to recognise you in Plaza.

I ws wondering something. when i find a girl in my plaza and theyre from moon, and they have moon clothes on, sometimes i say "youre outfit is great" or whatever it says, but they dont offer anything thats only from moon. sometimes they say something you can get on sun.

Ive only gotten four things from moon because they usually mention theyre wearing something that i already have from sun.

Its annoying because i only like the clothes from moon but i couldnt afford to get it after i found out that theres no other colors besides reds or oranges in sun.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I ws wondering something. when i find a girl in my plaza and theyre from moon, and they have moon clothes on, sometimes i say "youre outfit is great" or whatever it says, but they dont offer anything thats only from moon. sometimes they say something you can get on sun.

Ive only gotten four things from moon because they usually mention theyre wearing something that i already have from sun.

Its annoying because i only like the clothes from moon but i couldnt afford to get it after i found out that theres no other colors besides reds or oranges in sun.

if its a Sun character then their moon ordered clothes wont be offered to you in sun. if their item has been dyed then its impossible to order it. my character has worn mostly moon exclusive clothing before but she might've been mistaken for a moon player by some others.

if its a Sun character then their moon ordered clothes wont be offered to you in sun. if their item has been dyed then its impossible to order it. my character has worn mostly moon exclusive clothing before but she might've been mistaken for a moon player by some others.

Idk if i explained it weirdly.

Im just talking about regular moon clothes.

They let me buy their clothes with festival coins if its something you can only get on moon.

Ive only been able to do this a few times though, as most people wearing moon clothes only talk about clothes i already have.

Satoshi & Touko

As far as I know, most black and white clothing items are available in both versions and very often players are outfitting their characters in these colors.

if its a Sun character then their moon ordered clothes wont be offered to you in sun.

I don't think this is true because I once saw your own character wearing some Moon items, I told you "Your outfit looks great" and you mentioned a Moon item that you were wearing and I was able to order it.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Idk if i explained it weirdly.

Im just talking about regular moon clothes.

They let me buy their clothes with festival coins if its something you can only get on moon.

Ive only been able to do this a few times though, as most people wearing moon clothes only talk about clothes i already have.

then you shouldnt have any issues unless you count bad luck or plaza interaction settings.

I don't think this is true because I once saw your own character wearing some Moon items, I told you "Your outfit looks great" and you mentioned a Moon item that you were wearing and I was able to order it.

thats cool, i didnt know that was possible. there were times (if i remember correctly) i saw a player with moon clothes but they wouldnt offer them. it mightve been a thing where they dont let others interact with you.

Yumeka

Anime/Pokemon Fan
Does anyone know all the Mega Stones that are still banned on Battle Spot? Yesterday I used the Mystery Gift code on the official Pokemon site to get Pidgeotite, Steelixite, Heracronite, and Houndoominite. However, when I tried to bring Houndoomite on Battle Spot, it said it was a banned item and I couldn't use it. I know other gift Mega Stones are able to be used (like Mawilite) so I was wondering if a certain amount of time has to pass before new Mega Stones can be used on Battle Spot.

Satoshi & Touko

Does anyone know all the Mega Stones that are still banned on Battle Spot? Yesterday I used the Mystery Gift code on the official Pokemon site to get Pidgeotite, Steelixite, Heracronite, and Houndoominite. However, when I tried to bring Houndoomite on Battle Spot, it said it was a banned item and I couldn't use it. I know other gift Mega Stones are able to be used (like Mawilite) so I was wondering if a certain amount of time has to pass before new Mega Stones can be used on Battle Spot.

The main site had made an announcement that the Heracronite and Houndoomite mega stones would not be able to be used at the battle spot or the GTS until Tuesday.

BCVM22

M2DESCENT (Mewtwonite X, Mewtwonite Y) and INTIMIDATE (Audinite, Medichamite, Mawilite, Beedrillite) are still active indefinitely.

shadowF

I am thinking of giving my Alolan Persian Payday, can my Alolan Meowth still evolve if I put the everstone on him until level 30 and then take it off him?