• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

shadowF

Can the event Midnight Lyranroc be soft reseted to be shiny?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I haven't reach that point yet, would move tutor teach it?
Yes, unfortunately you only find the Heart Scale Move Tutor (the one that can teach a Pokemon any of its level up moves) at the Pokemon Centre on Mount Lanakila.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I went there and can't find her?

They're talking about the Pokemon Center that you reach when you're about to challenge the Pokemon League. Since you said you haven't reached the Dragon trial yet, you won't be able to use that move tutor.

Overall, the soonest you'll be able to get Dragon Claw is when you are starting the Dragon trial because the TM is in the trial site.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
They're talking about the Pokemon Center that you reach when you're about to challenge the Pokemon League. Since you said you haven't reached the Dragon trial yet, you won't be able to use that move tutor.

Overall, the soonest you'll be able to get Dragon Claw is when you are starting the Dragon trial because the TM is in the trial site.

I've always liked how they provide the TMs for Dragon Claw, Dazzling Gleam and Flamethrower just before that trial, like oh were you struggling? Here you are.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I've always liked how they provide the TMs for Dragon Claw, Dazzling Gleam and Flamethrower just before that trial, like oh were you struggling? Here you are.

Don't forget about the Brick Break TM that's available during the first trial. I thought that was at-the-moment convenient when I played Sun but it's even more so in Moon since Totem Raticate is quad-weak to it and Trumbeak can learn it. XD

Road

Shiny Master
Can the event Midnight Lyranroc be soft reseted to be shiny?
All events that are not set to be Shiny are usually Shiny locked. None of the main sites list it as unlocked, so I think no.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im thinking of breeding a mega sceptile for some battles. im likely going a naive set with EQ. i dont know if i'll go for leaf storm on the set but my main uncertainty comes form ORAS tutor dragon pulse. i dont know if its best to breed it in gen6 for a good SPA dragon move or trying for that very elusive fire/poison hidden power in gen7. i do want to try and mildly counter all these tapus that are prevalent in gen7

does any one have suggestions on this set? it would've been an easy choice if gen7 had a proper national dex and move tutor area.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
im thinking of breeding a mega sceptile for some battles. im likely going a naive set with EQ. i dont know if i'll go for leaf storm on the set but my main uncertainty comes form ORAS tutor dragon pulse. i dont know if its best to breed it in gen6 for a good SPA dragon move or trying for that very elusive fire/poison hidden power in gen7. i do want to try and mildly counter all these tapus that are prevalent in gen7

does any one have suggestions on this set? it would've been an easy choice if gen7 had a proper national dex and move tutor area.

According to Rating Battles results on the Gloabal Link, people are more commonly using Grass Pledge and Energy Ball, but Sceptile is most victorious with Leaf Storm or Leaf Blade and Rock Slide. Purely based on the GL data and Smogon, I'd probably go with a set like this:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Naive
Overgrow
252 SPA, 252 SPE, 4 ATK/DEF
-Giga Drain
-Rock Slide
-Focus Blast/Earthquake
-Leaf Storm/Earthquake

Giga Drain will give you stab and healing without the horrible reduction in special attack, but Leaf Storm can be there for pure power. You'll have plenty of type coverage between Rock Slide, Earthquake and Focus Blast. That Rock Slide will help with any flying, ice, bug or fire types that would otherwise hinder you. Hope that helps.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
According to Rating Battles results on the Gloabal Link, people are more commonly using Grass Pledge and Energy Ball, but Sceptile is most victorious with Leaf Storm or Leaf Blade and Rock Slide. Purely based on the GL data and Smogon, I'd probably go with a set like this:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Naive
Overgrow
252 SPA, 252 SPE, 4 ATK/DEF
-Giga Drain
-Rock Slide
-Focus Blast/Earthquake
-Leaf Storm/Earthquake

Giga Drain will give you stab and healing without the horrible reduction in special attack, but Leaf Storm can be there for pure power. You'll have plenty of type coverage between Rock Slide, Earthquake and Focus Blast. That Rock Slide will help with any flying, ice, bug or fire types that would otherwise hinder you. Hope that helps.

thank you for the reply. i doubt i'll have the luck for the HP atk base anyway, too annoying to figure out the exact stats needed for them. i havent really used Sceptile much in the past and he was a HM helper ingame for my OR game. i do like Sceptile and the ATK/ SAP and speed boost he gets in the mega department, it should help me deal with Koko and Fini much better. my current strat is tailwind pkmn for speed boost as i only have 2 OU pkmn Gliscor/Gardevoir and nothing fast enough for +101 base speed. there is Froslass but its a useful but frail pkmn.

EDIT: i managed to get 2 poison HP timid males while i was searching for a timid female, i also got a ice and ground hpin that run. im currently going in the final naive pairing for a good battler.

LOL, im getting some fire, ground and poison naive ones too. i still need the male to pass down the 31/31/31/30/31/31 ivs.

Last edited:

Toge

I'm looking for someone who could help me evolve my Feebas into Milotic. I've got the scale, but don't have a friend or a person who could help me trade Feebas and then once evolved trade it back. I'd be really thankful if someone could spare a minute or two and help out.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I'm looking for someone who could help me evolve my Feebas into Milotic. I've got the scale, but don't have a friend or a person who could help me trade Feebas and then once evolved trade it back. I'd be really thankful if someone could spare a minute or two and help out.

You will likely have better luck if you post your request here.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I just got an update for Sun, does anyone know what it did?

• Pokémon being unable to attack and switch when Sky Drop is used and when knocked out by damage done by Spiky Shield.

• A glitch in Poké Pelago when entering a new month.

• A rare case where the game ends after using an Evolution item as the last item in your Bag.

• Scatterbug sometimes not learning Egg Moves.

• Eggs sometimes being able to be given items.

• A glitch ending the tournament when pre-registered for an online Friendly Competition (e.g. entry gets canceled or the Battle Teams get unlocked).

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is it just me or do pkmn gain less EXP as they get to higher levels in gen7 or was it always like that? ive been raising a HP sceptile from lvl 1 with all the EXP boosts possible since yesterday, its currently at lvl 78 and i noticed it doesnt get +3000 exp with lucky egg anymore like it did when lower leveled.

Houka

yes Sun/Moon used the Black/White Level up system in which the exp gain reduced or increases depend on how many levels your Pokemon is compare to your opponent. Loo up Black/White Exp formula to see exactly how it works.