• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

nel3

Crimson Dragon
yes Sun/Moon used the Black/White Level up system in which the exp gain reduced or increases depend on how many levels your Pokemon is compare to your opponent. Loo up Black/White Exp formula to see exactly how it works.

thank you very much. i didnt play much black 2 in the past until a few weeks ago when i got that gen5 game.

ugurkib

hi. again i ask u question. my english is not to good . use translate a little xD yesterday i was playing poke sun game . and i come to the move reminder . i think this . my gyarados was 42. on level 41 caught magikarp . and evolve . i try this previous learn moves. like thrash qua tail ice fang etc. for free . but i think absurd thing she reqest me heart scale . i give her but i dont know . then on screen i choose hyper beam for trying. for trying because hyper beam learns on 54 . but i did it . normally i didnt use special move atak. i thras qua tail is enough for me . then closed. why. on level 42 my gyarados leardned hyper beam . absurd ? on 54 but i learn this 42 . i wish this . move reminder is works that thing . exp. level 50 primape 53 final gambit . then go reminder for free ! to level 50 and previous moves learned. but 53 final gambit i couldnt learned it . why thats it ? thanks. this for under
a) how to easiest way to find hearth scale : ( for locations : Exeggutor Island, Konikoni City, Seafolk Village
Festival Plaza
Fishing
PickUp Item )

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
hi. again i ask u question. my english is not to good . use translate a little xD yesterday i was playing poke sun game . and i come to the move reminder . i think this . my gyarados was 42. on level 41 caught magikarp . and evolve . i try this previous learn moves. like thrash qua tail ice fang etc. for free . but i think absurd thing she reqest me heart scale . i give her but i dont know . then on screen i choose hyper beam for trying. for trying because hyper beam learns on 54 . but i did it . normally i didnt use special move atak. i thras qua tail is enough for me . then closed. why. on level 42 my gyarados leardned hyper beam . absurd ? on 54 but i learn this 42 . i wish this . move reminder is works that thing . exp. level 50 primape 53 final gambit . then go reminder for free ! to level 50 and previous moves learned. but 53 final gambit i couldnt learned it . why thats it ? thanks. this for under
a) how to easiest way to find hearth scale : ( for locations : Exeggutor Island, Konikoni City, Seafolk Village
Festival Plaza
Fishing
PickUp Item )

The restaurants at Konikoni City, Malie City and Seafolk Village give out free Heart Scales when you dine there, the best is the one at Malie City which gives out 4 Heart Scales (Konikoni City's restaurant gives out 2 Heart Scales and Seafolk Village's restaurant gives out one Heart Scale). If you have beaten the Island Kahuna once per day you can get double the amount of Heart Scales by choosing the last meal option.

ugurkib

The restaurants at Konikoni City, Malie City and Seafolk Village give out free Heart Scales when you dine there, the best is the one at Malie City which gives out 4 Heart Scales (Konikoni City's restaurant gives out 2 Heart Scales and Seafolk Village's restaurant gives out one Heart Scale). If you have beaten the Island Kahuna once per day you can get double the amount of Heart Scales by choosing the last meal option.
yeah i dont understand this " If you have beaten the Island Kahuna once per day you can get double the amount of Heart Scales by choosing the last meal option. " my english sory . what is island kahuna ? :S is it free 2 hearth scales per day ? which island i go . what is kahuna . i understand dinner restaurant and konikoni and take 2 hsacales. pls explain :) thanks :)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
yeah i dont understand this " If you have beaten the Island Kahuna once per day you can get double the amount of Heart Scales by choosing the last meal option. " my english sory . what is island kahuna ? :S is it free 2 hearth scales per day ? which island i go . what is kahuna . i understand dinner restaurant and konikoni and take 2 hsacales. pls explain :) thanks :)

the island kahuna is another name for gym leader in sun/moon. if you beat the trials of certain kahuna/gym leaders they will show up in the restaurant if you chose to eat the most expensive meal.
here is a video on youtube to help you out. its not really a date but this is how you get easy heartscales in sun/moon. even if you dont eat a meal with gym leader you'll still get heartscales after eating the meal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhWsfo24BPc

this is not my video but it shoule help you out.

Last edited:

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Hey guys, what happens if I miss the battle competitions on May? Will I miss getting Mega Stones?

BCVM22

No. All Mega Stones initially given as competition rewards will be handed out to the general public via a passcode at a later date.

BCVM22

Regardless of which set of Mega Stones you're asking about, the answer is "an unspecified later date in the near future." Watch the main site here and other reliable sources and you'll know when the reward goes live.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
the last competition we just had...

we're still waiting on the mega stones from the previous one. It might not be soon.

Edit: turns out those were finally released last night. No telling when the most recent ones will be available, though.

Last edited:

Sylviawing

Okay, thanks :) im a bit disappointed though, i thought they were giving them out through battle competitions or codes. Im not a big fan of the battle tree. i guess i could always get it from a trade.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Okay, thanks :) im a bit disappointed though, i thought they were giving them out through battle competitions or codes. Im not a big fan of the battle tree. i guess i could always get it from a trade.

If you use Pokemon Bank you can get all the BP you need without ever doing a single Battle Tree battle.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
If you use Pokemon Bank you can get all the BP you need without ever doing a single Battle Tree battle.

You'd have to fill up your Pokemon bank quite a bit though. I think the bank only pays 1 Pokemile every 24 hours for every 30 Pokemon you have deposited (one bank filled). That's what I calculated it to be anyway based on my experience and frequent checks. That being said, since you need to rack up 10 Pokemiles to exchange for one BP, you'd mathematically need to have 1,500 Pokemon deposited to earn 5BP every 24 hours.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
You'd have to fill up your Pokemon bank quite a bit though. I think the bank only pays 1 Pokemile every 24 hours for every 30 Pokemon you have deposited (one bank filled). That's what I calculated it to be anyway based on my experience and frequent checks. That being said, since you need to rack up 10 Pokemiles to exchange for one BP, you'd mathematically need to have 1,500 Pokemon deposited to earn 5BP every 24 hours.

Guess I could have mentioned that. I have a living dex, my collection of shinies, and my collection of events since gen 3 in my bank, as well as a bunch of breeding potentials and wonder traded mons to up my ID counts in the lottery, so I never have a shortage of pokemiles when I log into Bank. Someone just downloading Bank to collect pokemiles/battle points might find it a grueling task to fill up some boxes. But it's that or the Battle Tree; whichever one sounds easier is the best way to get those mega stones. Or trade for them like Sylviawing said, but that requires having things worth trading.