• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Pidgeyote

Pokemon Master
I tried posting this in the trade section but no one wanted to help because there isnt a certain section for this.

I need someone with pokemon moon to evolve my cosmoem whenever i get it into lunala then trade it back to me.

Road

Shiny Master
just what are the probability mechanics for shiny pkmn in gen7? i was doing a 5IV blue Shellos run and had the same conditions for magikarp method (JPN Primarina). its was around 4-5 full boxes of eggs max that hatched with that Primarina. does the set number for shiny egg remain the same for all pairings or is it determined when you put the pair into the day care? im asking this bc if it takes 300-400 for the shiny Shellos will that still mean next possible attempt will a different shiny egg number.

i wasnt really counting the number of eggs or saving a easy number and i already saved the shiny :).

EDIT: damn gen7 and no move tutor, i cant even teach shiny gen7 bred shellos earth power :(. i'll just throw mud at the the fire types.
Don't really have an answer but can maybe provide my two cents. @w@

Based on the info provided on the swap breeding graphic, it just says that the stats and all that stuff is determined "even before you put parents in the day care." It can be reset however (all laid out in the graphic), and having Shiny Charm / doing Masuda Method affects it as well, so it can be tampered with, but that doesn't really tell us where it sets that limit. It's clearly not set when the game starts up, otherwise we wouldn't be able to abuse it in the first place. There might be more research about it somewhere but I'm not sure where. I would like to know as well tho so I'll go digging on the net when I have time later!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Don't really have an answer but can maybe provide my two cents. @w@

Based on the info provided on the swap breeding graphic, it just says that the stats and all that stuff is determined "even before you put parents in the day care." It can be reset however (all laid out in the graphic), and having Shiny Charm / doing Masuda Method affects it as well, so it can be tampered with, but that doesn't really tell us where it sets that limit. It's clearly not set when the game starts up, otherwise we wouldn't be able to abuse it in the first place. There might be more research about it somewhere but I'm not sure where. I would like to know as well tho so I'll go digging on the net when I have time later!

thanks, so it looks like i got a pretty low roll on the shiny. i only needed 20 or so to get a good nature/ability Shellos female when i fixed the Dknot to Primarina. i did swap out the female Shellos 2x in favor of better IVs on the female's side with the last swap 60??? eggs into the run.

still a bit hazy if the different IVs of the 2 good nature females reset tot roll or not but im glad i still got the shiny.

Astrint

Breeding Star
If i breed a regular pokemon with HA with it's alolan form variant will it produce an HA alolan form? like for example, a male drought Vulpix bred with a female alolan vulpix making a alolan Snow Warning Vulpix?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
If i breed a regular pokemon with HA with it's alolan form variant will it produce an HA alolan form? like for example, a male drought Vulpix bred with a female alolan vulpix making a alolan Snow Warning Vulpix?

put the ever stone on the wanted form of vulpix. if both have an ever stone on both vulpix you'll get a 50/50 chance for either form. only 1 vulpix with the everstone will guarantee that particular form will come out of the eggs.

Astrint

Breeding Star
put the ever stone on the wanted form of vulpix. if both have an ever stone on both vulpix you'll get a 50/50 chance for either form. only 1 vulpix with the everstone will guarantee that particular form will come out of the eggs.

thanks but i wanted to know about the ability, not how to get the alolan form.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Unless the female Alolan Vulpix has Snow Warning the offspring will not get the chance of getting Snow Warning as male Pokémon can only pass down their HAs when bred with Ditto. Having said that as long your male Vulpix is not holding the Everstone (doing this will cause the offspring to become the regular variant) you can potentially get a HA Alolan Vulpix by breeding it with a Ditto.

Last edited:

Astrint

Breeding Star
Unless the female Alolan Vulpix has Snow Warning the offspring will not get the chance of getting Snow Warning as male Pokémon can only pass down their HAs when bred with Ditto. Having said that as long your male Vulpix is not holding the Everstone (doing this will cause the offspring to become the regular variant) you can potentially get a HA Alolan Vulpix by breeding it with a Ditto.

Awesome, thank you

GDSpeed

Poke-Weeb
Help, i have a problem

Whenever i try to do something online, say it's Battling or Trading, i keep getting the Error Code: 268442-0100

I've tried contacting Nintendo and they couldn't help, I then tried to contact The Pokemon Campany, but they couldn't help either.

What do i do?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Help, i have a problem

Whenever i try to do something online, say it's Battling or Trading, i keep getting the Error Code: 268442-0100

I've tried contacting Nintendo and they couldn't help, I then tried to contact The Pokemon Campany, but they couldn't help either.

What do i do?

according to support.nintendo, you had a problem during a trade. If you lose a connection during a trade, your game is disabled from trading for a short time. I'm guessing this is what your problem is. Try again after 24-48 hours. You may also want to reboot your modem/router.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20858

Last edited:

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I just found my 98th Zygarde cell after over 100 hours or so of giving up? If I have 98/100, what are the possibilities of me finding the last two? I found my 98th one in the Wela volcano park. Should I just go down the list for every location, or is there a better way of figuring it out? What did you all do for getting Zygarde's Complete form?

Road

Shiny Master
I just found my 98th Zygarde cell after over 100 hours or so of giving up? If I have 98/100, what are the possibilities of me finding the last two? I found my 98th one in the Wela volcano park. Should I just go down the list for every location, or is there a better way of figuring it out? What did you all do for getting Zygarde's Complete form?
Was gonna say go down the list if you want, but I heard you can actually deconstruct any Zygarde with the Aura Break ability (so any from XY or even events should work). Of course you'll lose the Pokemon, so only do it with an extra / one you don't care for. Probably the easiest and fastest way to finish it.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Was gonna say go down the list if you want, but I heard you can actually deconstruct any Zygarde with the Aura Break ability (so any from XY or even events should work). Of course you'll lose the Pokemon, so only do it with an extra / one you don't care for. Probably the easiest and fastest way to finish it.

Thank you, but I'd rather find all of the Zygarde cells without sacrificing another Zygarde. I just found my 99th. I'm so close!

SebastiaanZ

I am new to how the Power items work. I am trying to train a Grubbin with a Power item ... but I don't exactly get how the EV distribution works. I read somewhere that you gain +8 EVs regardles of what Pokemon you face of the item you choose. Is this true? Or do you still need to battle specific Pokemon?

Road

Shiny Master
I am new to how the Power items work. I am trying to train a Grubbin with a Power item ... but I don't exactly get how the EV distribution works. I read somewhere that you gain +8 EVs regardles of what Pokemon you face of the item you choose. Is this true? Or do you still need to battle specific Pokemon?
Yes, +8 EVs to the stat depending on which item it's holding. This is in addition to any EVs you earn from the Pokemon. (For example, if you defeat a Zubat while holding Power Anklet, you will get 9 Speed EVs - 8 from the Anklet, 1 from the Zubat.)

Most EV training guides can tell you how they work. Here is Bulbapedia's page which should answer most of your questions!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Is there a difference in lottery shops of equal Stars if they are black compared to Gold?

i doubt thats the case. ive had Johto 5* tent for around 3 months and the first one was blue purple design. i didnt get the statement i wanted so i swapped it out for another 5* Johto tent and that tent was a gold color. one of my def/SDF bouncy houses is a black drifblim and the others are purple. they're pretty much visual differences.

Prfctcellrulz

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
Every time I try to accept a Single Battle in Festival Plaza, I get a message saying there's a problem with my team, even though Legendaries are allowed. My team is Black Kyurem, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Zygarde and Lunala. Anyone know what the issue is?