• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
i recently got a bluk berry from a WT. apparently i can get a free sample of one are the thrifty megamart, where do i locate that person or is it on a certain day to get it?

It's from a shopkeeper on the left side area, inside the megamart.

The order cycles depending on the last berry you got from him, just keep speaking to him every day. The order is Rawst-Oran-Bluk-Sitrus-Mago-Pinap-Tamato and then back to Rawst again, and so on.

And just in case you thought of the wrong megamart, it's not the abandoned megamart that becomes Acerola's trial site, but the still active megamart near Kiawe's trial mountain.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It's from a shopkeeper on the left side area, inside the megamart.

The order cycles depending on the last berry you got from him, just keep speaking to him every day. The order is Rawst-Oran-Bluk-Sitrus-Mago-Pinap-Tamato and then back to Rawst again, and so on.

And just in case you thought of the wrong megamart, it's not the abandoned megamart that becomes Acerola's trial site, but the still active megamart near Kiawe's trial mountain.

thank you very much, im trying to max out my berries and it seems like i missed 2 or 3 in my collection here.

JimmyKudo

Hi,

I am still a little confused about how to make sense of serebii's S.O.S. full details.

From what I understood, the initial slot pokemon are pokemon that can start sos chains and the additional slot pokemon are the pokemon that can appear as sos pokemon. (I'm not sure if I'm thinking about this correctly, even)

Anyways, can someone try to explain to me this using an example from Route 1 Alola Full S.O.S. details (preferably one that includes additional slot pokemon)?

Houka

Ah I remember having confuse with that myself. All you need to know is just open the S.O.S. and look at the Pokemon under that encountered Pokemon.

In the charts it will tell you about add slot, ignore them. Click the S.O.S. Toggle as that will give you what ya need. the top Pokemon is the encounter on and each slot below is the S.O.S. poke. As you can see 3 extra slot so a 1/3 shot at get it though (like with Pichu to get Pikachu and Happiny) some of these are the same so 100% then (like Yungoos). Metapod here can't get itself but Caterpie.

Hopefully that cleared it up a bit better. I think they need to fix that up like not show the S.O.S. poke till you click the Toggle.

JimmyKudo

Thank you that helped me understand better the additional S.O.S. slots.

One more question. When the S.O.S. details are opened, take the S.O.S. details for the first two patches of grass in route 1 for example, no additional S.O.S. slots appear but in the intial slot there are now two pikipek, two yungoos, two caterpie, and four ledyba/spinarak. I thought it might be because Pikipek, Yungoos, and Caterpie can only call themselves and thus their s.o.s. poke can become the initial slot. But then there are four ledyba/spinarak, why? Am I wrong in the above thought, if so what is the reason for duplicating initial slot pokes in the s.o.s. details.

Houka

Just ignore all of that, they just call themselves nothing more. I'm guessing it just how the game makes slots of S.O.S. Pokemon but for the most part it just S.O.S. themselves. There are normally four slots after the encounter but for some reason some only have 2. *Shrugs*

As said ignore that extra Pokemon and just focus on what Pokemon are actually there.

Duney

Anybody having trouble logging into the pgl? I can not seem to get in.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Does anyone know where I can find the info regarding battle points in general from all generations? I'm just curious to see all the ways (omitting through Bank) bp is earned in all the games (as I can recall it's been a thing since Crystal I think). Like, but not limited to, the Battle Frontier with how the points are distributed and how many.

porygonfan

Are female Pokémon the only ones to pass species/ball in breeding? I have male gastly in dusk ball and female misdreavus in pokeball, I'd like to breed misdreavus in a dusk ball, any way to do this?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So gastly and misdreavus won't work, they will hatch misdreavus in pokeballs?

In that case, the Mother's Pokéball is used.

But If you have two of the same pokémon, the child will use either the parents ball. In your case, you'll need a male Misdreavus in a Dusk ball.

You can't "pass" a non-standard Pokéball on to a Pokemon species that doesn't have it. For example: Litten in a Dream ball is impossible as you can't get a Litten in a Dream ball. Sure you can get Compatible Pokémon with a Dream ball to bread with a Female Litten, but that will result in a Litten in a Standard Pokéballs.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
How high did everyone level up their Pokemon before defeating the Elite Four in this game? I am sitting at around level 64-65 for my party right now, but think I should level more.

Ghost94

How high did everyone level up their Pokemon before defeating the Elite Four in this game? I am sitting at around level 64-65 for my party right now, but think I should level more.

Yeah my party was in the 60ish range and it did not pose much difficulty at all

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

I was in the low 50ish I think. Only had some slight trouble with Kukui but even there didn't have much trouble. 64 is very high for the Elite Four.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.

I'm not a great battler, so when I challenged the Elite Four, my team's levels ranged between 65 and 72 with one exception.

xEryChan

Demon Child

I believe my Pokemon were between lvls 55 and 60 and I beat them. I would say your Pokemon at good enough levels, just be sure to stock up on items before you go on and don't blow 100K PokeDollars on a beach hat in the Hau'oli mall thing like I did but it really completed the outfit

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I believe my Pokemon were between lvls 55 and 60 and I beat them. I would say your Pokemon at good enough levels, just be sure to stock up on items before you go on and don't blow 100K PokeDollars on a beach hat in the Hau'oli mall thing like I did but it really completed the outfit

That's hilarious.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll probably take them on tomorrow some time!