• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Navarch

Xavi

Hi, this it's my first post here.

My brothers are playing Pokémon Sun, we beated the League and started the postgame (we have, for example, the Type Null, or the Tapus), butwe have a problem with Nihilego.
We we defeated Anabella, we talked to Wicke in his room, but when we returned to the motel, anabella is not there, Looker doesn't appears, the room is empty.
We looked some playgames but it seems to happen only to us.

How can we fix it? Thank you.

te0001lm

Hi, this it's my first post here.

My brothers are playing Pokémon Sun, we beated the League and started the postgame (we have, for example, the Type Null, or the Tapus), butwe have a problem with Nihilego.
We we defeated Anabella, we talked to Wicke in his room, but when we returned to the motel, anabella is not there, Looker doesn't appears, the room is empty.
We looked some playgames but it seems to happen only to us.

How can we fix it? Thank you.

Have you tried going to Wela Volcano or Diglet's Tunnel?

"Return to Route 8 and Looker will burst into the motel saying that UB-01, the Pokémon Nihilego, has been spotted in Wela Volcano and Diglett's Tunnel. They request for you to go hunt it down and capture it. When you get there, it can be found in the grass/cave just randomly. You'll know it's in the area as the music shall change.

When the battle begins, Nihilego will be absorbed by an aura which boosts its Special Defense by two stages as standard. It is Level 55 and Rock/Poison-type."

Link: https://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/ultrabeasts.shtml

Apex 36

So, I just got the game. What gives if I get a 006-0112 error when trying to redeem a pokemon? Got a shiny legendary for pre ordering the new ultra games, the code gives me the error message when trying to redeem it. The problem doesn't lie with my internet connection, I checked online battling and everything else, works fine. How would one get this error message?

Xavi

Have you tried going to Wela Volcano or Diglet's Tunnel?

"Return to Route 8 and Looker will burst into the motel saying that UB-01, the Pokémon Nihilego, has been spotted in Wela Volcano and Diglett's Tunnel. They request for you to go hunt it down and capture it. When you get there, it can be found in the grass/cave just randomly. You'll know it's in the area as the music shall change.

When the battle begins, Nihilego will be absorbed by an aura which boosts its Special Defense by two stages as standard. It is Level 55 and Rock/Poison-type."

Link: https://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/ultrabeasts.shtml

The thing is that I have not spoken to Looker and Anabelle the second time, so Nihilego can't just appear.
I have the 10 Beast Ball, but Anabelle and Looker doesn't are in the motel, It seems to happen to nobody apart from me (looking videos in youtube). Can anybody help me?

In the Aether Paradise you speak two times with Wicke. Near the lift and in her room. We talked first near the lift, dome days latter we visited Looker and Anabella for first time, defeated Anabella, and talked agin with Wicke getting the Beast Balls, but when we return to the motel, no one is there.

Thank you.

JohnLynch

So a couple of questions:

1) Do codes for NA event Pokemon work on an Australian console? What about EU codes or codes from another country/region?

2) Is there any benefit transferring Pokemon from Gen 1? What about Gen 3 or Gen 4? Is there any guide as to which generations are worth transferring for which Pokemon?

te0001lm

The thing is that I have not spoken to Looker and Anabelle the second time, so Nihilego can't just appear.
I have the 10 Beast Ball, but Anabelle and Looker doesn't are in the motel, It seems to happen to nobody apart from me (looking videos in youtube). Can anybody help me?

In the Aether Paradise you speak two times with Wicke. Near the lift and in her room. We talked first near the lift, dome days latter we visited Looker and Anabella for first time, defeated Anabella, and talked agin with Wicke getting the Beast Balls, but when we return to the motel, no one is there.

Thank you.

No worries. Sun and Moon have been out for about/almost a year, and this is the first time that I have heard of such an issue. I am referring from Serebii as I am unable to recall the exact procedure of encountering Nihilego.

Let's do a systematic troubleshoot:
(1) Defeat pokemon league and become champion
(2) Receive enigmatic card outside house
(3) Go to motel in route 8
(4) Meet Looker & Anabel, defeat the latter
(5) Go to Aether Foundation
(6) Collect Beast balls from Wicke
(7) Return to motel on route 8
(8) Looker will enter and provide information on Nihilego
(9) Go to Wela Volcano and Diglett's Tunnel to encounter Nihilego

It seems like you are stuck at (8). Please check the following: 1) Are you in the correct location and room? 2) Walk around the room to ensure that Looker does not appear. 3) Go to Wela volcano and Diglett's Tunnel to verify that Nihilego will not be encountered.

Will proceed after you have verified the above. Good luck! =)

te0001lm

So a couple of questions:

1) Do codes for NA event Pokemon work on an Australian console? What about EU codes or codes from another country/region?

2) Is there any benefit transferring Pokemon from Gen 1? What about Gen 3 or Gen 4? Is there any guide as to which generations are worth transferring for which Pokemon?

1) No

2) We all have different reasons for transferring. I think the choice is down to preference.

Xavi

No worries. Sun and Moon have been out for about/almost a year, and this is the first time that I have heard of such an issue. I am referring from Serebii as I am unable to recall the exact procedure of encountering Nihilego.

It seems like you are stuck at (8). Please check the following: 1) Are you in the correct location and room? 2) Walk around the room to ensure that Looker does not appear. 3) Go to Wela volcano and Diglett's Tunnel to verify that Nihilego will not be encountered.

Will proceed after you have verified the above. Good luck! =)

It was easier than I thought.

We confused the motel of Route 2 and the motel of Route 8. ^-^U

Thanks for help!

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
What is a good moveset for a Modest Sceptile? I hatched a shiny and need to know what a set to go for. It's highest stat is Special Atk yet there seems to be more Physical in the move pool which doesn't make any sense. Here's to hoping on Ultra Sun and Moon that I can give it Dragon Pulse as there aren't any other Special dragon type moves that it can learn. It was hard to debate whether to breed an Adamant or Modest one.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
What is a good moveset for a Modest Sceptile? I hatched a shiny and need to know what a set to go for. It's highest stat is Special Atk yet there seems to be more Physical in the move pool which doesn't make any sense. Here's to hoping on Ultra Sun and Moon that I can give it Dragon Pulse as there aren't any other Special dragon type moves that it can learn. It was hard to debate whether to breed an Adamant or Modest one.

Depends on what kind of environment you're going for. Quick Guard is pretty good for doubles as it blocks any slower Fake Out. You can also run both Giga Drain (from the Treecko stage) and Leaf Storm on it. Focus Blast is also an option. It doesn't really get many other special moves. Grass Pelt is an option in doubles if you combine it with the other Pelt moves which can work pretty well. And yeah, it'll probably get Dragon Pulse from the USUM move tutors, which is STAB in its mega form.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Depends on what kind of environment you're going for. Quick Guard is pretty good for doubles as it blocks any slower Fake Out. You can also run both Giga Drain (from the Treecko stage) and Leaf Storm on it. Focus Blast is also an option. It doesn't really get many other special moves. Grass Pelt is an option in doubles if you combine it with the other Pelt moves which can work pretty well.

I'm going to be using for story on Ultra Sun so I probably won't in much double battles. But even then I still like to get at least decent move sets for my pokemon. Like if they are mainly phys atk, then I'd have all physical moves or special if the highest stat is special atk. I don't normally go for mix movesets. However I was thinking Focus Blast as one. I plan to use it as a mega in the team which is why I wanted a dragon type move.

Moana

Ocean Master
Can I enter in the codes in after the events are over because I have no friends who play Pokemon... I'm not sure what to do if I have to enter them because I don't want them to go to waste.

I'm waiting to get a new ds

Last edited:

Apex 36

Can I enter in the codes in after the events are over because I have no friends who play Pokemon... I'm not sure what to do if I have to enter them because I don't want them to go to waste.

If you have the codes, you can enter in the codes way after they are over, there is a certain date you can redeem them by, you would have to look at the card for the specific pokemon.

BTW, is it true that the PIKACHUM20 code is working as of now? I have an american console and game, but I cannot redeem it, get an 006-0112 error like with other pokemon I try to redeem

JohnLynch

2) We all have different reasons for transferring. I think the choice is down to preference.
Thanks for responding, but I was actually hoping for more of a direct answer.

One reason to transfer from Generation 1 (VC) is that you're guaranteed three perfect IVs and may even get a shiny from the process. I was wondering if there are reasons for transferring from Gen 3-6 instead of Gen 1 or Gen 2 that might be better than the above?

BCVM22

Pokémon transferred ahead from Generations III-VI are marked via special phrases in their "Met:" information and/or a ribbon depending on the game in which they originated, but if you're asking whether they're guaranteed to have special IVs or potential shiny status, the answer is a definitive no. The Pokémon remain as identical to their original state as each subsequent game allows.

Road

Shiny Master
BTW, is it true that the PIKACHUM20 code is working as of now? I have an american console and game, but I cannot redeem it, get an 006-0112 error like with other pokemon I try to redeem
Yes, saw this tested with friends who have it and it works. That error code is supposed to mean something is wrong with your internet connection, but if you say other things are working then I'm not sure what the issue is. You're far enough in the game to be able to redeem events, right? Mystery Gift only works after you've beaten Hala, I believe.

One reason to transfer from Generation 1 (VC) is that you're guaranteed three perfect IVs and may even get a shiny from the process. I was wondering if there are reasons for transferring from Gen 3-6 instead of Gen 1 or Gen 2 that might be better than the above?
The biggest reason I can think of would be available Pokemon. Gen 1-2 only have Gen 1-2 Pokemon obviously, so if you want anything higher you need to go through the other main games. There's also moves that are only available through the other main games, either by TM or move tutor.

The issue is that unless you have the right systems, you won't be able to transfer things all the way up. (You can look up details on transferring from older gens up; note that non-VC copies of Gen 1 and 2 games are not accessible.) In that case it would be worthless to use older games if you can't get them to the game that matters!

Apex 36

Yes, saw this tested with friends who have it and it works. That error code is supposed to mean something is wrong with your internet connection, but if you say other things are working then I'm not sure what the issue is. You're far enough in the game to be able to redeem events, right? Mystery Gift only works after you've beaten Hala, I believe.

I have no idea. I got a mystery event for the 10BP you get from the pokemon bank, other than that, everything else gets me the error. It seems that I am disconnected from the gamefreak event server when I try to redeem the code, for some reason, I have no idea why, even purposefully entering a wrong password gets me disconnected

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
So, I just got the game. What gives if I get a 006-0112 error when trying to redeem a pokemon? Got a shiny legendary for pre ordering the new ultra games, the code gives me the error message when trying to redeem it. The problem doesn't lie with my internet connection, I checked online battling and everything else, works fine. How would one get this error message?
I have no idea. I got a mystery event for the 10BP you get from the pokemon bank, other than that, everything else gets me the error. It seems that I am disconnected from the gamefreak event server when I try to redeem the code, for some reason, I have no idea why, even purposefully entering a wrong password gets me disconnected

I'm going to assume you are far enough into the game to receive mystery gifts. That 006-0112 error code is because you've lost your internet connection. First of all, power down your 3DS for 10-15 seconds and turn it back on. Go into the 3DS settings and test your internet connection. If the test is successful, load your game back up and try doing something that requires being online, like doing a wonder trade. If that works, try your code again. If the test was not successful, try powering down your modem/router for 10-15 seconds and booting it/them back up and test again. If still unsuccessful, delete your internet connection and add it back in. If that still doesn't work, you might want to contact Nintendo.

Why does getting a new 3DS prevent you from using the codes now? Unless you currently don't have a working 3DS, there is no reason to wait since the codes are tied to your game and not your system.

Last edited: