• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

BCVM22

Natures are completely random on offspring unless one of the parents is holding an Everstone, in which case that parent passes down their nature to the baby.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Natures are completely random on offspring unless one of the parents is holding an Everstone, in which case that parent passes down their nature to the baby.

I get that but that's not what I mean.

What I mean is that I get the same natures instead of random nature. For example, let say I want Jolly nature. I got five eggs and then they all hatch in order: Sassy/Naive/Brave/Lax/Serious. So I soft reset and pick up another five eggs again. Instead of random natures, it goes the same order Sassy/Naive/Brave/Lax/Serious. See the problem? I tried in third and fourth times and it bluffed me how it doesn't not change.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I get that but that's not what I mean.

What I mean is that I get the same natures instead of random nature. For example, let say I want Jolly nature. I got five eggs and then they all hatch in order: Sassy/Naive/Brave/Lax/Serious. So I soft reset and pick up another five eggs again. Instead of random natures, it goes the same order Sassy/Naive/Brave/Lax/Serious. See the problem? I tried in third and fourth times and it bluffed me how it doesn't not change.
Once you pickup the egg, the Nature and some stats are set.

You can't soft reset to get different Natures.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Once you pickup the egg, the Nature and some stats are set.

You can't soft reset to get different Natures.

That's just it. I saved the game before I pick up a egg from the lady.

Road

Shiny Master
That's just it. I saved the game before I pick up a egg from the lady.
Nutter's not quite right. In SM, the nature of an egg is set even before you put parents in the Day Care, but that still means you can't SR for natures. Those five eggs will have Sassy/Naive/Brave/Lax/Serious as the natures no matter how many times you SR. If you want different natures, you just need to keep accepting eggs and hatching until you get the one you want.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Nutter's not quite right. In SM, the nature of an egg is set even before you put parents in the Day Care, but that still means you can't SR for natures. Those five eggs will have Sassy/Naive/Brave/Lax/Serious as the natures no matter how many times you SR. If you want different natures, you just need to keep accepting eggs and hatching until you get the one you want.

Are you serious? Please tell me you are... That's mean keeping more eggs until I get the right one.

Can a Pokemon holding a everstone can change?

LambzGoHard

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could help me trade evolve my Alolan Graveler into an Alolan Golem?

Road

Shiny Master
Are you serious? Please tell me you are... That's mean keeping more eggs until I get the right one.

Can a Pokemon holding a everstone can change?
Yes I'm serious. If you're looking for a different nature, you need to keep hatching eggs.

Yes, Everstone will make it so ALL of the offspring have the SAME nature as the Pokemon holding the Everstone. This would be the only way to change the nature.

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could help me trade evolve my Alolan Graveler into an Alolan Golem?
You might have better luck posting in this thread over in the trade center, hopefully someone can help you out!

Chloe Cassandra

Long time no see.
This thought just occurred to me - the other day I warped through the wormhole dimensions so I can evolve a Cubone at night when it was daytime in Moon. Does this method work for Rockruff or does it evolve solely on the game version?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Why are people asking USUM stuff in SUNMOON's help thread. >.<#

Chloe Cassandra

Long time no see.
Why are people asking USUM stuff in SUNMOON's help thread. >.<#

If you're talking about my question specifically, I did this in Moon. I'm not even at the point in the game to find UBs yet in UM.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
If you're talking about my question specifically, I did this in Moon. I'm not even at the point in the game to find UBs yet in UM.

if you are referring to sun/moon only then yes. changing the night to day or vice versa in sun/moon work to evolve based on time. ive evovled 2 eevee in 1 day by jumping thru the wormhole.

though for rockruff, you cant get the night form of lycan from in sun any sort of way outside from a SOS call. same for moon not being able to get a day form lycanroc.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
People have been asking questions about dusk lycanroc which is introduced in USUM.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
This thought just occurred to me - the other day I warped through the wormhole dimensions so I can evolve a Cubone at night when it was daytime in Moon. Does this method work for Rockruff or does it evolve solely on the game version?

It doesn't work for Rockruff, Rockruff's evolution process depends on game version, not the time.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
can cursed body disable multiple moves at once?

also can cursed body stack with disable (seen some confusing things like it can but only if done in a particular order)?

Road

Shiny Master
can cursed body disable multiple moves at once?

also can cursed body stack with disable (seen some confusing things like it can but only if done in a particular order)?
Since this is the second time you've posted and no one is helping, I'll try to answer with what little knowledge I have.

Not sure what you mean by "at once" in the first question. According to the description for Cursed Body (I'm using Bulbapedia's page for reference), it activates any time the Pokemon is hit by a damaging move. If by "at once" you mean "within a turn," the 30% chance would be calculated for every move that damages it, so yes I believe so.

For the second question, I don't see how it would stack? I believe you can disable multiple moves, so if Move 1 hits and is disabled by Cursed Body, then it uses Move 2 and you disable it with Disable that should work. If you mean stack as in extend the number of turns a move is disabled, I don't think so. (If that were the case, using a move like Wrap on the last turn of the effect should extend it, but it doesn't (actually tested with my Ekans in UM).)

I really know jack about battling and am just using resources here, so I can't say any of this for sure. You might find more luck posting your questions in the ask a question thread for competitive battling, if only because the battling experts watch that more than this I think.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Since this is the second time you've posted and no one is helping, I'll try to answer with what little knowledge I have.

Not sure what you mean by "at once" in the first question. According to the description for Cursed Body (I'm using Bulbapedia's page for reference), it activates any time the Pokemon is hit by a damaging move. If by "at once" you mean "within a turn," the 30% chance would be calculated for every move that damages it, so yes I believe so.

For the second question, I don't see how it would stack? I believe you can disable multiple moves, so if Move 1 hits and is disabled by Cursed Body, then it uses Move 2 and you disable it with Disable that should work. If you mean stack as in extend the number of turns a move is disabled, I don't think so. (If that were the case, using a move like Wrap on the last turn of the effect should extend it, but it doesn't (actually tested with my Ekans in UM).)

I really know jack about battling and am just using resources here, so I can't say any of this for sure. You might find more luck posting your questions in the ask a question thread for competitive battling, if only because the battling experts watch that more than this I think.
At once I mean more than one move can be disabled by cursed body.

And stack I meant can you disable two moves total, one from the ability cursed body and one from disable. As I recall disable, the move, can only diable one move at a time and can't again until it runs out.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
At once I mean more than one move can be disabled by cursed body.

And stack I meant can you disable two moves total, one from the ability cursed body and one from disable. As I recall disable, the move, can only diable one move at a time and can't again until it runs out.

I just tested this out and I can confirm that you can disable only 1 move at a time, whether its with cursed body or the move disable.

A wild Spearow appeared! Go Gengar!
Gengar used Shadow Ball! It doesnt effect foe Spearow!
Spearow used Pursuit! Its super effective!
Gengar's Cursed Body disabled foe Spearow's Pursuit!
Gengar used Shadow Ball! It doesnt effect foe Spearow!
Spearow used Growl! Gengar's attack lowered!
Gengar used Disable! But it failed!
Gengar used Disable! But it failed!
The wild Spearow's move is no longer disabled!
Gengar used Disable! The wild Spearow's Growl was disabled!

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
though for rockruff, you cant get the night form of lycan from in sun any sort of way outside from a SOS call. same for moon not being able to get a day form lycanroc.

Remember that Midday and Midnight Form Lycanroc can both be caught at Vast Poni Canyon in either version, during the day and night respectively.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Is the macho brace obtainable legitly in gen 7?