• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Puddlejumper3k

Howdy. I can not seem to find an answer anywhere to this, but does anyone know if you can stack Zoom lens and X-Accuracy? Does one negate the other?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You should be able to theoretically. Not sure in what situations it'd be useful though, apart from Zap Cannon, Dynamic Punch, and Inferno I can't think of any moves that'd benefit from the stacking. Remember that OHKO moves like Sheer Cold don't benefit from X Accuracy or Zoom Lens.

Hello and good evening/day to everyone.
I have a few small requests.
Mostly someone to trade a few random Pokémon to eveolve and item requests.
(If this isn't the right thread I apologize)
Thanks in advance and I will find an SOS shiny at request for who's willing to help. PM me

porygonfan

Is there a way to get pokeblock berries from OR/AS to S/M?

Also trade berries from S/M to S/M US/UM?

Last edited:

porygonfan

I'm pretty sure that it's also unobtainable in US/UM, so basically it's completely nonexistent in 7th Gen. Guessing that it's because of Poke Pelago having an island that EV trains Pokemon.

I brought a US game at GameStop and it came with every berry, but I cannot trade or transfer Pokémon holding them. I can deposit a Pokémon holding it in GTS but it doesn’t show up so nobody can find it to trade.

porygonfan

I have a new question about S/M US/UM.

I bought a used game for US and got an apparently hacked game with every kind of pokeball. Some are rare and some impossible to get in US. Balls like cherish, dream, and Safari.
I want to catch or breed Pokémon in these to give away in wonder trade or GTS but noticed a few cannot be traded. I traded alola rattata in dream ball, and Pichu in Safari ball, but caterpie in Safari ball cannot be traded.

Is there a list of what Pokémon can go in each ball type?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I have a new question about S/M US/UM.

I bought a used game for US and got an apparently hacked game with every kind of pokeball. Some are rare and some impossible to get in US. Balls like cherish, dream, and Safari.
I want to catch or breed Pokémon in these to give away in wonder trade or GTS but noticed a few cannot be traded. I traded alola rattata in dream ball, and Pichu in Safari ball, but caterpie in Safari ball cannot be traded.

Is there a list of what Pokémon can go in each ball type?

You can find the legal combinations of Pokémon/Poke Balls here, just select the category for Gen 7.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If Pokémon are transferred to U/S U/M games through pokebank from HG SS, in sport ball will they revert to regular poke balls?

The Sport Ball should not be able to revert to an ordinary Poké Ball once it is transferred to a Gen 7 game.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
If Pokémon are transferred to U/S U/M games through pokebank from HG SS, in sport ball will they revert to regular poke balls?

You need to transfer the Pokemon to Gen 5 first, but as Mega Altaria said, their Sport Ball remains, they won't revert to regular Poke Ball.

porygonfan

You need to transfer the Pokemon to Gen 5 first, but as Mega Altaria said, their Sport Ball remains, they won't revert to regular Poke Ball.

You mean if I play HG/SS I must buy another game to put them to pokebank?

I had one more question, other than FR/LG where can I catch safari Ball Tangela and venonat to get to US/UM?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You mean if I play HG/SS I must buy another game to put them to pokebank?

I had one more question, other than FR/LG where can I catch safari Ball Tangela and venonat to get to US/UM?

If you want to transfer Pokémon from HGSS to Gen 7 then you must have a copy of a Gen 5 game (Black, White, Black 2, White 2). You can catch Tangela in a Safari Ball at the Great Marsh at Pastoria City in Platinum and Safari Ball Venonat can only be obtained in FRLG so far.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
can you soft reset the gifted totem sized pokemon for shiny?

Pretty sure the Totem pokémon are coded to be not shiny, they're both shiny-locked and ability-locked. You can soft-reset for IVs (always 3 IVs guaranteed at 31) and nature.