• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Hopefully someone can help me. For battlers, I'm wondering what are general good teammates or types for a team with greninja and garchomp mega? Not gonna go into detail on their strats as things I think up are unique and not meta, but just wondering what you'd bring in with them for singles.

I'm also wondering what are meta/popular counters to garchomp and greninja. Things I have to look out for. An obvious one is ice on garchomp, but anything else for it and greninja?

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I have a question I like to ask of you. Can a Gold Battle Cap really work on the Battle Bond Greninja as it can raise all of it's IVs on Pokemon Sun and Moon?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have a question I like to ask of you. Can a Gold Battle Cap really work on the Battle Bond Greninja as it can raise all of it's IVs on Pokemon Sun and Moon?
The Gold Bottle Cap should work on Battle Bond Greninja to max out its IVs as long as it's Lv 100.

shadefalcon

Shiny Crazed Falcon
I got a shiny german female eevee from a friend who got it off the gts. It had the hidden abilty, anticipation, NOT adaptability and not run away, yet when i evolve it to espeon it gets synchronize instead. I soft reset this multiple times,can anyone explain this?

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
(I am really not sure if this is the right thread...)
Hi! I have a Mudsdale with Brave nature and I am wondering what EV should I max into?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
(I am really not sure if this is the right thread...)
Hi! I have a Mudsdale with Brave nature and I am wondering what EV should I max into?
EV training depends completely on how you plan to use the pokemon. Mudsdale has really good base stats in Attack, Defense, and HP. Since it's Brave, you'll probably want to max out its attack and then either max it's Defense, or split the rest between some combination of Defense and HP or Defense, Special Defense and HP. Like I said, it depends on how you want to use it.

te0001lm

I got a shiny german female eevee from a friend who got it off the gts. It had the hidden abilty, anticipation, NOT adaptability and not run away, yet when i evolve it to espeon it gets synchronize instead. I soft reset this multiple times,can anyone explain this?

Am unsure if you have an answer for this. But let's try to sort it.
So I did this for 30 times: evolved my anticipation eevee and took note of the ability of the subsequent espeon, to which I always got magic bounce.
Not one to doubt, but are you certain that the eevee has anticipation and not adaptability?
Cheers!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Am unsure if you have an answer for this. But let's try to sort it.
So I did this for 30 times: evolved my anticipation eevee and took note of the ability of the subsequent espeon, to which I always got magic bounce.
Not one to doubt, but are you certain that the eevee has anticipation and not adaptability?
Cheers!
It should definitely have Magic Bounce once an Anticipation Eevee evolves and an Adaptability one will evolve into a Synchronize Espeon. I think it’s most likely a case of confusion from mixing up two Abilities.

te0001lm

It should definitely have Magic Bounce once an Anticipation Eevee evolves and an Adaptability one will evolve into a Synchronize Espeon. I think it’s most likely a case of confusion from mixing up two Abilities.

Yeah, that is the only conclusion that I could reasonably come up with. Thanks!

You can't transport your Pokémon until January anyways, so just be patient and you'll find out in due time.
Even if we do, I still feel a lot of people will be asking a lot of questions and have not looked at this FAQ, did not yet know it existed, or am still confused even after looking at the FAQ.

BCVM22

Even if we do, I still feel a lot of people will be asking a lot of questions and have not looked at this FAQ, did not yet know it existed, or am still confused even after looking at the FAQ.

The post you're replying to is two and a half years old and regards a game utility that has been released and existed quietly as designed since then. I would hope all the questions have been answered in that time.

swampert948

Sorry for the noob question, but does any trainer that you face use a Drampa? I need to see it so I can get one on the GTS.

Apologies if you are like "you don't need to see a drampa in order to get one from the GTS, you can just get one from such and such".

Educate me.

Thank you guys.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Sorry for the noob question, but does any trainer that you face use a Drampa? I need to see it so I can get one on the GTS.

Apologies if you are like "you don't need to see a drampa in order to get one from the GTS, you can just get one from such and such".

Educate me.

Thank you guys.
Hopefully someone will quickly correct me if I am wrong, but I believe gen 7's GTS let's you search for any pokemon regardless of whether you have seen it. just search by name and they are all available.

However, Serebii lists trainers and their locations fr each pokemon. Here's Drampa's:
https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/trainers/780.shtml

swampert948

Hehe I looked on the GTS yesterday and only Pokemon that I've seen seemed to appear, I was literally hoping for a search bar haha, as you say.

That is wicked though dude, thank you! I didn't wanna start looking up all teams of future trainers if it was possible since it ruins the surprise.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i recently (a week ago) did a WT session and got a pokemon holding a starf berry. just what is the status on that at this point ie legit or not?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
i recently (a week ago) did a WT session and got a pokemon holding a starf berry. just what is the status on that at this point ie legit or not?
It's a Berry that you get for a 200 winning streak at the Battle Tree. It was available since the game came out.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It's a Berry that you get for a 200 winning streak at the Battle Tree. It was available since the game came out.

Thank you for the reply, no wonder I didnt gave it. The battle tree AI is a dog when it comes to it's evil strategy. I didnt bother to get too far in that area.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Can Castform appear even if the weather is "manually" set through a move or ability? I have not run into a single one, and tried the "manual" options and naturally occurring weather. I'd like to know the mechanics.

Houka

Castform is very rare from my experiences. It'll appear has long as the field is raining rather it's natural or forced. Natural is easier since is you don't have to keep using rain dance every 5-10 turns. When I did it the thing didn't want to appear at all. I think it's appearance rate is 5% or lower.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Castform is just rare. Serebii doesn't have the encounter rates for the SOS at all on the website for some reason, but it's quite low for Castform.