• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Team Help Thread

My last team member

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. will the team i use is Blaziken, Whiscash, Sableye, Aggron, Crobat, and Blosssom for my sapphire game.

Do you want suggestions for their movesets?

Spider_Pig said:
I started a new game a while ago and still havn't settled on a sixth party member yet. Just wonding what everyone else thought would best complement my team.

Which game is it? Also, what I said to you before still applies. Just stick with what you have now, and if you notice that your team is lacking something or that you have major issues against a certain pokemon, then maybe you should consider adding a new team member.

I have plenty of other Pokemon trained to competitive levels. I go back and forth amonst them often. I just wanted to know what everyone else thought would best complement the others.

And this is in Leaf Green.

I am currently debating between two pokemon on my firered team. I am currently raising a clefairy (just recently restarted the game) but I have always wanted to raise a waterpulse-thunderbolt persian. I think its redundant to have two normal types on my team but I can't decide which one to use.

polifire

Fire Breeder
everone knows that a team is good if they have a pretty good defence. the list of pokemon that has good defence is: sorelax{i cant spell}, aggron, golom. will in my team the pokemon that i for my defence is my starter like blizkien.;257;

I am currently debating between two pokemon on my firered team. I am currently raising a clefairy (just recently restarted the game) but I have always wanted to raise a waterpulse-thunderbolt persian. I think its redundant to have two normal types on my team but I can't decide which one to use.

You've probably decided for yourself already because nobody's answered but I'd like to give my opinion.

To be straight with ya, Persian isn't that good of a Pokémon but I love it. He's got great speed, but everything else is quite mediocre. I actually looked up Persian's base SpAtk and I was suprised. I thought it would be much worse than Atk but actually it's just a little bit worse. Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball/Iron Tail and Return could make something nice for ingame-purposes.

IMO, Clefable has better base stats and even movepool, but w/e. Choose which you like more (seems to be Persian).

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Hey, I'm after some help for my new Emerald game.

All I have at the moment is a shiny Mightyena and a Swampert. I want to have a mixture of different elements and specialties. It can be anything from any of the 3rd gen games. Help, anyone? :3

You've probably decided for yourself already because nobody's answered but I'd like to give my opinion.

To be straight with ya, Persian isn't that good of a Pokémon but I love it. He's got great speed, but everything else is quite mediocre. I actually looked up Persian's base SpAtk and I was suprised. I thought it would be much worse than Atk but actually it's just a little bit worse. Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball/Iron Tail and Return could make something nice for ingame-purposes.

IMO, Clefable has better base stats and even movepool, but w/e. Choose which you like more (seems to be Persian).

Thanks :). I actually ended up raising clefairy for a little while while debating, but I went with persian, but you helped to answer my question because persian would be for in game use only. I've played firered before but this time around I've been trying to go with using my favorites.

polifire

Fire Breeder
will normal Pokemon have the good stats and move pool but if i pick a normal it is ditto.

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
Im staring on my emerald again and i have a Sceptile,Alakazam and a Skarmory im at Fallarbor town and im completly stuck on what to catch next

Champion Jared 14

I would do,

Snorlax @ lefties
Careful EV's, IDK yet

Curse
Rest
Body Slam/Retun
Earthquake/Shadow Ball

I'm not the best to come up with curelax stuff, I was just putting that out there... But is this team building for the game, or competitive, the battle frontier, what is it here?

Duran

tank'd
What is the best moveset for a Snorlax.. in Emerald.. I am thinking the curse one but... IDK

-Belly Drum
-Rest
-One of many powerful special attacks like Ice Beam, Thunder or Earthquake
-Focus Punch (is very useful for when the opponent is making a 2-turn attack) or Hyper Beam.

Belly drum and Rest can be used in an extremely useful combo.

-Belly Drum
-Rest
-One of many powerful special attacks like Ice Beam, Thunder or Earthquake
-Focus Punch (is very useful for when the opponent is making a 2-turn attack) or Hyper Beam.

Belly drum and Rest can be used in an extremely useful combo.

Snorlax shouldn't use special attacks, and Focus Punch/Hyper Beam are not such great options either. This is the cursing set:
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Curse
-Rest

Belly Drum is a potential option over Curse I suppose, but it is quite risky.

Sleep Talk is also another good option over Curse.

xRebel205

here's my team for emerald. i still need a 5th and 6th so i would appreciate anyones suggestions,

marshtomp@sitrus berry
Nature: naive
-tackle
-take down
-mud shot
-surf

swellow@sitrus berry
Nature:serious
-wing attack
-steel wing
-quick attack
-double team

magneton-none
nature:relaxed
-thunderbolt
-supersonic
-sonicboom
-thunderwave

Breelom@Macho brace
Nature:lax
-Mega Drain
-mach punch
-headbutt
-bulk up

im about to make it to fortree city, and this is what i have so far.

Swampert
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Return/Toxic/move of choice
If you're going to use it in the Frontier, go with Return or Toxic, otherwise, don't bother using up that TM on it.

Swellow
-Aerial Ace (learned leveling up, NOT with the TM)
-Facade
-Steel Wing
-Quick Attack
Facade will grow to 4x its original power when inflicted with the burn, paralyze, or poison status.

Magneton
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass/Fire)
-Thunder Wave
-move of choice
You definitely should test out its hidden power type, and see if it's one of the recommended types, or any other special type (other than electric). Otherwise, there's nothing else it will be able to do other than Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave.

Breloom
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Return
-Sludge Bomb
Use Substitute first, and then use Focus Punch. Also, any of these moves could theoretically be replaced with Mach Punch or Bulk Up if you still want to use those moves, as they are good too.

Don't bother getting new pokemon right now, just use what you have. A small team is easier to train, anyway.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
ok im currently looking for a Dratini in the safari zone but im confused as to wich rod i should use to find it. do i use the super rod? also where is the move tutor in LG?

ok im currently looking for a Dratini in the safari zone but im confused as to wich rod i should use to find it. do i use the super rod? also where is the move tutor in LG?

Yes, always use the Super Rod.

There are different move tutors for each move. Which one are you looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.