• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Tier Thread for Ash's Pokemon

BladexFade

The one spouting nonsense is you. When Greninja is brought up in power level discussions, Ash-Greninja is always considered. It's natural for any to consider Ash-Greninja when Greninja is mentioned, unless Base Greninja is mentioned.
So you're crying over because I used Greninja And not Ash-Greninja? That is one of the whiniest and sub-par comment you've posted thus far. Typical as usual.

Yeah if you had actually read my original post, you would have understood why I mentioned Greninja and not Ash-Greninja itself. It goes back to my original list where I put Greninja's base form on top of Pikachu.

BladexFade said:
Ash's Top 5 Pokemon are:

1. Greninja/Charizard (Charizard was always strongest prior to Greninja's appearance, with Ash-Greninja be may be above Charizard)

So again, before you type utter nonsense, you should at least try to understand the situation first before you start posting. Otherwise it makes it hard for anyone to take you seriously.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So you're crying over because I used Greninja And not Ash-Greninja? This is one of the whiniest and sub-par comment you post thus far.

Yeah if you had actually read my original post, you would have understood why I mentioned Greninja and not Ash-Greninja itself. It goes back to my original list where I put Greninja's base form above Pikachu.
What??? I meant when Greninja is brought up in power level discussions, everyone pretty much thinks that it's referring to Ash-Greninja. So it was quite natural for me to think that you were referring to Ash-Greninja.

People here usually refer Greninja's regular form as Base Greninja. I didn't get that you'll go as far like putting Greninja's base form above Pikachu with its peak feats.

Last edited:

BladexFade

No. You're mistaking everyone else for yourself. No one got confused but you. When people bring up Ash-Greninja, they either make a clear distinction from base Greninja by using its initials, A-G, or flat-out spell its name, "Ash-Greninja." And it was clear I was referring to Greninja's base form and not A-G.

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Yeah base Greninja =< PICSS (maybe it's on par with Snorlax). Krookodile is forced into the number 7 slot because of the writers acknowledging it which lets face it means that it's getting priority over Snorlax if Ash does actually assemble his "best" team with Snorlax retaining the 6th slot strictly because of its excellent consistency. If you do the math correctly then Bulbasaur did over half the damage against Dusclops (thanks to leech seed) and while Charizard may have won if seismic toss went off successfully, the mere fact that Dusclops could push the legend slayer so far is a testament to its strength and hence Bulbasaur's capabilities for beating it and then going on to tie with a fully healthy Pokémon. Only reason that Bulbasaur doesn't get the Snorlax treatment is because it isn't quite as consistent (but still consistent in its own right). 9 and 10 are between Swellow and Heracross. Swellow definitely has better consistency (primarily thanks to more opportunities to battle) but the way both Pokémon were "booked" against Tobias makes it clear who the writers favor and also that Swellow won't be anything more than a "B+ player" while Heracross's showing against Darkrai bumps it to borderline A- (low t-1).

Thumbs2

If we go by narrative intent, can't we boost bulbasaur and squirtle up and say that the original 4 were meant to be his strongest.

Genaller

Silver Soul
If we go by narrative intent, can't we boost bulbasaur and squirtle up and say that the original 4 were meant to be his strongest.

Well maybe though it'd be quite bold to say Bulbasaur > Sceptile and espically Squirtle > (Ash-)Greninja, but yeah those 4 did give Ash the greatest win of his life up to date.

Thumbs2

Well maybe though it'd be quite bold to say Bulbasaur > Sceptile and espically Squirtle > (Ash-)Greninja, but yeah those 4 did give Ash the greatest win of his life up to date.

Bulbasaur>Brandon>Sceptile>Tobias

Simple. that was a joke.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Weakest Kanto Pokémon: Muk (Butterfree if we count released Pokémon)

Weakest Johto Pokémon: Totodile

Weakest Hoenn Pokémon: Corphish (an argument could be made for Torkoal)

Weakest Sinnoh Pokémon: Staraptor (an argument could be made for Buizel or Torterra)

Weakest Unova Pokémon: Oshawatt (arguments could be made for Unfezzant, Scraggy and Boldore)

Weakest Kalos Pokémon: Noivern

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Says Alain's MCX=>Ash-Greninja

Then puts Ash's Charizard two rungs above it.

Shows that the reasoning can't be taken seriously.

Ash's Charizard would be stronger than AG.

Ash - Greninja fought MCX and lost despite having defensive type advantage and went down to a blast burn, and that same MCX lost to and E4 member and the Primals so we clearly say it isn't even close to legendary level power.

Ash's Charizard however has went up against the "UNDEFEATED CHAMPION" of the Orange Islands, beat an Articuno (A legendary Pokemon), held its own against Entei (another legendary) and all of these were done without the use of a Mega stone or battle bond evolution.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Ash - Greninja fought MCX and lost despite having defensive type advantage and went down to a blast burn, and that same MCX lost to and E4 member and the Primals so we clearly say it isn't even close to legendary level power.

Ash's Charizard however has went up against the "UNDEFEATED CHAMPION" of the Orange Islands, beat an Articuno (A legendary Pokemon), held its own against Entei (another legendary) and all of these were done without the use of a Mega stone or battle bond evolution.

Brandon's Dusclops>Noland's Articuno

Mega Charizard X > Ash-Greninja(who went toe to toe with Diantha's Mega Gardevoir) >> Frontier Brain Brandon's Dusclops > Noland's Articuno.

Keep your jokes aside.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

This is hilarious.

First of all, you count MCX losing to Siebold which was in Act 1, when he wasn't at his strongest, yet didn't count the same MCX got stronger and is the only Pokemon to beat an E4 Pokémon on screen. And there's no shame in losing to a Primal who are on the ridiculous tier in terms of power. It was holding its own fairly well until that fatal Precipice Blade.

Are you seriously trying to say that Articuno being a legendary = Primals? That's definitely the most asinine thing I've ever read.

So you write Charizard's feats (which are good), but forget his losses to Blaziken, and Brandon's Dusclops, who even before the Seismic Toss blunder was dominating Charizard and would've beaten him. This makes Dusclops > Articuno.

Navin

MALDREAD
Are you seriously trying to say that Articuno being a legendary = Primals?

That's not quite what is being said though? It's that Charizard has actually gone toe-to-toe and beaten legenadaries, while A-G loss repeatedly, despite having all the advantages, to the same guy who struggled against Primals.

So you write Charizard's feats (which are good), but forget his losses to Blaziken, and Brandon's Dusclops, who even before the Seismic Toss blunder was dominating Charizard and would've beaten him. This makes Dusclops > Articuno.

Lol what? It was basically stated that if Charizard didn't cripple Blaziken, then Harrison would have beaten Jon Dickson (the JL Champion) and presumably become the Champion himself.

And...what are you talking about? Dusclops was not "dominating" Charizard; each landed good hits on the other, and who knows what would have happened if Ash didn't screw Charizard over.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
That's not quite what is being said though? It's that Charizard has actually gone toe-to-toe and beaten legenadaries, while A-G loss repeatedly, despite having all the advantages, to the same guy who struggled against Primals.
What advantage did A-G have? Stop making stuff up and explain clearly. A-G always gave a great fight to an opponent(whose trainer Alain acknowledged that the fight took him a new level) who is simply leagues ahead of Noland's Articuno and Brandon's Dusclops, which also proves that he's also leagues ahead of Noland's Articuno and Brandon's Dusclops.

And...what are you talking about? Dusclops was not "dominating" Charizard; each landed good hits on the other, and who knows what would have happened if Ash didn't screw Charizard over.
Oh well, then I guess I must have imagined this:

[IMG300]https://imgur.com/m6swRmM.gif[/IMG300]

Charizard was taken out by a single Shadow Punch after the blunder, while Dusclops, after that, managed to survive 4 rounds of Leech Seed draining and still didn't faint. Charizard would've still most likely lost.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

Yeah, my point is how can struggling to Primals be comparable to Ash's Charizard going toe - to - toe with minor legendaries (still impressive) as a means to to discredit AG and MCX. Anyone would struggle against freaks like the Primals. MCX beat an E4 Mega, and that to me is a bigger feat than Charizard beating a wild Articuno, since Frontier Brains and their Pokémon aren't on the level of E4.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah, my point is how can struggling to Primals be comparable to Ash's Charizard going toe - to - toe with minor legendaries (still impressive) as a means to to discredit AG and MCX. Anyone would struggle against freaks like the Primals. MCX beat an E4 Mega, and that to me is a bigger feat than Charizard beating a wild Articuno, since Frontier Brains and their Pokémon aren't on the level of E4.

And moreso it was clear Dusclops > Articuno. Dusclops, even after facing Charizard, was drained by Bulbasaur's Leech Seed 4 times and yet didn't faint.

Genaller

Silver Soul
And moreso it was clear Dusclops > Articuno. Dusclops, even after facing Charizard, was drained by Bulbasaur's Leech Seed 4 times and yet didn't faint.

Eh even Articuno was dominating Charizard before ST happened and Charizard was barely able to stand up afterwords. All 3 of them are somewhere in high t-1 as far as I'm concerned.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Eh even Articuno was dominating Charizard before ST happened and Charizard was barely able to stand up afterwords. All 3 of them are somewhere in high t-1 as far as I'm concerned.

Articuno didn't have a confusing move like Confuse Ray, which can be used to stop Seismic Toss. Anyway I just got a bit worked up by Navin's staements xD. Actually all 3 of them are in High Tier 1.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Articuno didn't have a confusing move like Confuse Ray, which can be used to stop Seismic Toss. Anyway I just got a bit worked up by Navin's staements xD. Actually all 3 of them are in High Tier 1.

Not sure if Dusclops would be capable of using a move while being hurled around at such a high speed. It's cool :).

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Wtf is this........

Dusclops defeats Charizard due to being nerfed and Ash making a bonehead decision.

Almighty Dusclops>Charizard(vs Brandon)
Almighty Dusclops>Charizard(vs Noland)
Almighty Dusclops>Charizard(vs Gary/Harrison)
Almighty Dusclops>Charizard(vs Iris)
Almighty Dusclops>Sceptile
Almighty Dusclops>Infernape
Almighty Dusclops>Snorlax

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not sure if Dusclops would be capable of using a move while being hurled around at such a high speed. It's cool :).

Well you can't definitively say that it wouldn't have been able to. Confuse Ray just lets out a sinister light coming out of Dusclops's eye, and Brandon earlier used it when Charizard was in physical contact with Dusclops.