• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

I've been thinking about getting sonic unleashed for wii but I'm not sure. Is it good? I've seen so many reviews and they are mostly mixed.

If you find a copy for cheap somewhere, I'd personally give it a try. I don't think the night stages are as bad as everyone thinks- a little long, sure, but also quite interesting- and the day stages are incredibly enjoyable when you get to them. The only reason I'm suggesting that you pick it up for cheap is in case you aren't one of those people who enjoy the night stages.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Can someone recommend a game to me?

I really like story-heavy games (and pokemon) like phoenix wright and fire emblem. But i don't like 3d games (with the graphics of OoT or MM).
I recently finished DK Country returns 3d and it was ok (not a huge fan of platformers as i am a completionist and they make me want to throw the 3ds against the wall, especially Yoshi's New Island).

I also only have a 3ds.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I really like story-heavy games (and pokemon) like phoenix wright and fire emblem. But i don't like 3d games (with the graphics of OoT or MM).

So in other words you want a story-heavy game that's not on 3D like those titles, because it's absolutely impossible to find a game whose 3D graphics are something out of a Wii U game. That severely cuts down many good choices.

Archolm

White 1, White 2 or Soulsilver? I only have access to one of these games. Whats the best endgame version? I come from the gold/silver generation so having access to these Pokémon ingame is a plus.

BCVM22

Depends entirely on what you mean by "endgame version."

SoulSilver packs in an entire second region, which no other game does. But White/White 2 are more advanced and not only give you access to newer Pokémon, attacks and mechanics, but by virtue of Pokémon Bank will also allow you to eventually transfer those Pokémon ahead to the current generation without needing a second game or second system. SoulSilver does not, at least not at that level of self-contained ease.

Archolm

Depends entirely on what you mean by "endgame version."

SoulSilver packs in an entire second region, which no other game does. But White/White 2 are more advanced and not only give you access to newer Pokémon, attacks and mechanics, but by virtue of Pokémon Bank will also allow you to eventually transfer those Pokémon ahead to the current generation without needing a second game or second system. SoulSilver does not, at least not at that level of self-contained ease.

Thank you for your response.... (Nog sure how frowned upon that is here) so i wont be trading over Pokémon. I wont wanna be stuck Just batteling the elite 4 so if there are elements like Battle frontier, roaming legendaries etc i'm All for that and i want the version that will supply those. Both the art style and the catchable Pokémon in ss really speak to me but i dont know the White versions that well so not sure what i would be !Missing out on?

Thank you for any response!

Last edited:

BCVM22

Again, if you're basing it solely on what happens after you finish quest no. 1, SoulSilver can't be beaten.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I got $120 for Christmas, and I was wondering if I should get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, buy Wii U games, buy e-shop cards, or merely save up for the Nintendo Switch? I bought the Wii U after 4 years finally, and buying a dead system isn't fun.

BCVM22

Those are four extremely disparate options, which aren't entirely mutually exclusive, at that.

If you want a pair reasonable distractions to keep you busy for the time being, buy the two PMD games.
If there are big-name Wii U titles you don't own and you want to play them and don't mind them potentially being "obsolete" in a few months, buy them. "Obsolete" is relative, of course - nothing is going to stop you from playing your Wii U once the Switch releases.
If there are specific eShop titles you want, buy eShop cards, though don't buy eShop credit just to buy it.
If none of those options strike you as feasible, put it all towards the Switch. Or buy one PMD game/Wii U title/eShop card and put the rest towards the Switch.

AmethystLeslie

Can someone recommend a game to me?

I recently finished DK Country returns 3d and it was ok (not a huge fan of platformers as i am a completionist and they make me want to throw the 3ds against the wall, especially Yoshi's New Island).

I also only have a 3ds.

I got Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective for christmas, and it's a story heavy game that's 2D made by the people who did Pheonix Wright. I enjoyed it so much that its my new favorite game of all time.

Assuming you don't have this game already, give it a try.

Raokiji

Guys need inputs...
I have some games in my eshop watch-list that I'm going to buy when it gets on sale. Atm, I have 20$ & it will be for another month or 2 when I get more.
Currently Story of Seasons (in my watch-list) is in sale for 18.90$. I was going to buy it, but then I got the news that Shovel Knight (in my watch-list) will be up priced on spring. I have been waiting for Shovel Knight to get on sale but I guess that won't happen anytime soon & instead gets up priced.
So which should I buy now? Story of Seasons or Shovel Knight? Thanks!

Feline

Why?
I have a question about the Yo Kai Watch Series.

I really want to play Yo Kai Watch 2 Fleshy Souls, but I haven't played the 1st Yo Kai Watch yet. Do I need to play the 1st one first, or can I just jump in with the 2nd one?

Thanks for answering.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Hey, so I've been hearing about Resident Evil 7 and that it's actually scary this time around. I've avoided Resi 5 and 6 because they were more based on action, so I'm rather conflicted about getting Resi 7. Is it worth getting?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Is The Wicther 3 better on the PS4 or on the Xbox One?
Almost all multiplats are better on PS4 than Xbox One, TWIII included. If CD Projekt Red couldn't be bothered to a Pro patch for the PS4 Pro, I doubt they'd also bother to do a Scorpio patch for the upcoming Xbox Scorpio.

Hey, so I've been hearing about Resident Evil 7 and that it's actually scary this time around. I've avoided Resi 5 and 6 because they were more based on action, so I'm rather conflicted about getting Resi 7. Is it worth getting?
I personally don't have it yet, but from reviews and general consensus, yes RE7 is an absolutely return to form to a more scary atmosphere and gameplay than RE4-6. If you have a PSVR, it's even better as people have said it greatly enhances the scare factor. If you only have a PC however, you'll have to wait until 2018 as the VR feature is exclusive to PSVR until then.

AlolaSherwood

Lost Wayfinder
So, I'm trying to branch out from just Pokémon games on the 3DS I got late last year. Aside from Inazuma Eleven and Super Mario Bros. The other four games I have both virtual console and physical are PokéGames.

So, I was wondering.... Should I try Youkai Watch and the sequels? Maybe see about ordering Animal Crossing: New Leaf? Is Hatsune Miku Mirai games fun?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So, I'm trying to branch out from just Pokémon games on the 3DS I got late last year. Aside from Inazuma Eleven and Super Mario Bros. The other four games I have both virtual console and physical are PokéGames.

So, I was wondering.... Should I try Youkai Watch and the sequels? Maybe see about ordering Animal Crossing: New Leaf? Is Hatsune Miku Mirai games fun?

Project Mirai is well worth getting if you like Vocaloid music and rhythm games.

I haven't played any Yokai Watch games because I'm not interested in the, but they're pretty similar to Pokemon in some ways. Animal Crossing is what it is.

AlolaSherwood

Lost Wayfinder
Project Mirai is well worth getting if you like Vocaloid music and rhythm games.

I haven't played any Yokai Watch games because I'm not interested in the, but they're pretty similar to Pokemon in some ways. Animal Crossing is what it is.

But... What is it? Like... I've never played an Animal Crossing game before.