• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
if you enjoy naruto, then path of the ninja 2 is an excellent game
if not fable 2 is very good

I actually found Fable 2 to be HIGHLY overrated.

Opinion's on Mirror's Edge? Thinking of getting.

Also, gonna download Banjo-Kazooie. Good times.

Asdie from that, any reccs? I'm not overly fussed on genre, and I only recently got my 360, bringing my games for that console list to:

BioShock
Soul Calibur IV
Tomb Raider Underworld
Fable II
Mass Effect

Trying to find a copy of Rock Band 1 with just the guitar... It's near impossible ._.

So yeah, any other reccs? Interested in Left 4 Dead, but my bro is gonna buy that (and Mirror's Edge) and my cousin is lending me Fallout so yeah.

No CoD please. Thanks.

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
You named two RPGs on that list, I hope you don't think they all are RPGs.

Anyways, Blue Dragon, NNN, pretty much any JRPG you see in a store.

what is NNN and I know only two of them where RPGS i was just saying what other games i was getting.

if you enjoy naruto, then path of the ninja 2 is an excellent game
if not fable 2 is very good

hum i have never played naruto what is the second one about?

no not fable 2 i have played it on my freinds 360 and i didn't like it.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
BioShock
Soul Calibur IV
Tomb Raider Underworld
Fable II
Mass Effect

So yeah, any other reccs? Interested in Left 4 Dead, but my bro is gonna buy that (and Mirror's Edge) and my cousin is lending me Fallout so yeah.
Get Kameo. I hear it's awesome. Plut it's made by Rare ^_^

dkc46

does anyone have any suggestions for good games on the PS3?
i like first person shooters, fighting games- like smash bros and mortal combat, side scrollling games, RPGs and games that let you crerate a bunch of stuff that you want.
any suggestions?

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Dck: How about Prince of Persia,Little Big Planet,or Call of Duty:World at War?

I'm looking for some good games to get for Wii and DS?
Any suggestions? I'm looking for any Fighters/RPG's and other action games.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
does anyone have any suggestions for good games on the PS3?
i like first person shooters, fighting games- like smash bros and mortal combat, side scrollling games, RPGs and games that let you crerate a bunch of stuff that you want.
any suggestions?
LittleBigPlanet
Uncharted
Resistance 2
Far Cry 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Bioshock
Call of Duty: World at War
Soul Caliber 4

NinjaBaker

I'm looking for some good games to get for Wii and DS?
Any suggestions? I'm looking for any Fighters/RPG's and other action games.

A really good RPG for the nintendo ds right now is Chrono Trigger, I highly recommend it, I am playing it right now, it has great gameplay, awesome bosses and a mind blowing storyline, its $40.00 but its worth it. Also, if you dont wanna spend to much money on a DS RPG, try Final Fantasy III its pretty good too...

;026;

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
I'm gonna be coming into some money soon probably, and I want to grab myself a Guitar Hero game. I've narrowed my choice to 2 games, both for X360.

Guitar Hero III w/ Guitar - AU$70.00
Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle - AU$160.00

The reason I put the prices is to ask, is World Tour really worth all that extra money? Or should I just settle with Guitar Hero III? (I did enjoy it, but the Music studio in World Tour seems interesting.) Is it worth it or not?

Cobalt_Latios

LittleBigPlanet
Uncharted
Resistance 2
Far Cry 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Bioshock
Call of Duty: World at War
Soul Caliber 4
You know, it really does amaze me that no one puts Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction in their list, despite that fact that it's a great game and probably one of the PS3's best. Of course, R&CF:ToD is more of a TPS/Platformer game. That should count.

I'd like a list of the top games for purchase off of the VC/WW on the Wii. Mainly VC; I know I want to get Lost Winds.

~C_L~

Teebird

could someone reccomend a good ds game, dosent necesarily(sp) have t obe a specific genre but at least one rpg

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Because Rock Band doesn't have a guitar pack or because you aren't looking hard enough?

Oh, I know it doesn't. It's just nowhere I've looked, which is everywhere local, and some none-local (As far as two hours away by train) and have yet to find a SINGLE guitar.

There's Drum packs and instrument packs, and then the drums sold seperately, but no guitar.

And I'm not buying the game, without the guitar as well. Hence, cannot find Rock Band 1 with just the Guitar.

Looked into Kameo, might d/l the demo if it's up. Seems ok though.
My trust in Rare is faltering though, Perfect Dark Zero was an abomination and Banjo Kazooie, Nuts 'n' bolts or whatever it is, whislt it may be a good game, is a dramatic change to the formula that just doesn't seem to suit, but that's me being a touch judgemental.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
You know, it really does amaze me that no one puts Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction in their list, despite that fact that it's a great game and probably one of the PS3's best. Of course, R&CF:ToD is more of a TPS/Platformer game. That should count.
R&CF:TOD is a great game, but I think it often escapes recommendation because it isn't own everyones mind. I think its a great game, but it does escape recomendation because there are so many other good games out at the moment.
Can't believe I forgot recommending it, since I consider myself a big fan of the R&C series.
And I'm not buying the game, without the guitar as well. Hence, cannot find Rock Band 1 with just the Guitar.
You could buy the game, and order the Guitar off of Amazon. Just a suggestion.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
You could buy the game, and order the Guitar off of Amazon. Just a suggestion.

If I could order off Amazon, I would, but alas I cannot buy anything online. My brother could, but he doesn't want me to get Rock Band, for rascist reasons possibly. I dunno.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
If I could order off Amazon, I would, but alas I cannot buy anything online. My brother could, but he doesn't want me to get Rock Band, for rascist reasons possibly. I dunno.
Do you not have any Gamestop's or EBGames nearby? A seperate guitar controller and RB should be findable there.

Anyway, should I get:
2 Wii Classic Controllers for SSBB
or
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack (PS3)

I don't have any Classic Controllers, so playing SSBB would be either with the nunchuck, or just Wii Remote. But I am also an AC/DC fan and the Track Pack comes with the "No Bull" DVD and a T-Shirt. Both prices are the same ($40). So which should I get?

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Forget my previous post, I'm planning on getting Guitar Hero III with a guitar, and grabbing either Rock Band, or Guitar Hero II, depending on prices. (Guitar Hero II, where I live, is still 80 bucks brand new for X360. Rock Band is 90.) Should I get Rock Band even if I'm mainly planning on only playing with a Guitar for a while?

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Okay then, I'll grab Guitar Hero III Bundle (It's the cheapest way to get a guitar atm), and grab Rock Band (game only). Thanks.