• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
It's my friends birthday soon and I'm struggling with what video game to get him. Could someone recommend a good beat 'em up or action adventure game for the XBOX 360 please?

Fallout 3 and Soul Calibur 4 both fit into those catagories, though F3 is less action adventure and more free roaming rpgish nuke-the-hell outta things.

Obligatory Halo 3 bump, but, honestly, no just no.

You could try Fable 2, though to be honest I've found it's not so great.

Mirror's Edge is fun for... Like 6 hours. If that.

Tomb Raider Underworld, if he's completed Legend/Aniiversary (both, not either).

For other fighters, Street Fighter Five comes out soon and is looking pretty solid, as is Tekken 6.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n Bolts ---

Is it good or is it a flop compared to its predessors (sp)?

It's NOTHING like the first Banjo games, and since I had to go through 39849 pages of text before the demo let me play, I figured against.

It looks like an interesting game but... I wish it wasn't Banjo/Kazooie. I loved those games and this seems to... rape the series.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I have been intrested in the Kingdom Hearts series for a while, but I lack a playstation console.

So, I thought about getting Kingdom Heats: Chain of Memories for the Gameboy Advance. Is it worth it? Is it possible to find this game anymore?

And, if I like that game, should I get Kingdom Hearts: 385/2 Days, for the Nintendo DS? This game is yet to be realeased in Japan.

385/2 Days is literally 192 and 1/2 days. Does that mean that this game might have a time limit?

I'm thinking about getting Pikmin 3 for the Wii, but I have been unable to beat both of the previous games. Because, in Pikmin I could only find two ship parts, and in Pikmin 2, even with the strategy gide and my last run through which I played it with the strategy guide, and I tried my hardest, but I came at a difficult point in he game where I could not reach the treasure no matter how hard I tried. Should I still get the game?

Edit: Rank up!

Last edited:

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Magical Pokemon said:
I have been intrested in the Kingdom Hearts series for a while, but I lack a playstation console.

So, I thought about getting Kingdom Heats: Chain of Memories for the Gameboy Advance. Is it worth it? Is it possible to find this game anymore?

And, if I like that game, should I get Kingdom Hearts: 385/2 Days, for the Nintendo DS? This game is yet to be realeased in Japan.

385/2 Days is literally 192 and 1/2 days. Does that mean that this game might have a time limit?

Seeing as Re: Chain of Memories came out fairly recently, I very much doubt you can find Chain of Memories for the GBA anymore, at least as far as buying new is concerned.

And why don't you just get a PS2? They're at either $100 or $130 dollars now, which is definitely not a bad price, and I'm sure you could pick up a used one for even cheaper (don't quote me on any of those prices, though).

Also, there is almost certainly no chance of 358/2 having a time limit (look at Majora's Mask, for a similar instance). Admittedly, I haven't been keeping up on the new information available for the games, but my guess is that it's how long some gimmicky character somewhere was asleep for, or something of that nature. Possibly two of them.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Seeing as Re: Chain of Memories came out fairly recently, I very much doubt you can find Chain of Memories for the GBA anymore, at least as far as buying new is concerned.

And why don't you just get a PS2? They're at either $100 or $130 dollars now, which is definitely not a bad price, and I'm sure you could pick up a used one for even cheaper (don't quote me on any of those prices, though).

Also, there is almost certainly no chance of 358/2 having a time limit (look at Majora's Mask, for a similar instance). Admittedly, I haven't been keeping up on the new information available for the games, but my guess is that it's how long some gimmicky character somewhere was asleep for, or something of that nature. Possibly two of them.

1. Yeah, I was thinking about buying it used. (I'm not being sarcastic. I literally meant I am thinking about buying it used.)

2. Because, I'm dedicated to Nintendo.

3. Oh, okay. Thank you.

What I was asking though, is if Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the Gameboy Advance is worth buying. Is it a good game?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Alright, I'm stuck between to different games: Big Brain Academy Wii Degree or Mario Strikers Charged.

I can't buy them both at the same time, but I want to know which ones more fun than the other, or which ones more interesting to buy than the other.

So its either: BBA: Wii Degree or Mario Strikers Charged

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Kingdom Hearts: CoM and the PS2 Remake have enough differences to warrent a playthrough each. Admittedly, I never got the chanc to play the PS2 version, due to being in England, but I've seen it played and meh, pretty graphics is about the only improvement I believe.

Differences =/= Improvements btw.

Also, CoM has NOTHING to do with the other Kingdom Hearts games on the release (All 3 of them, to be exact) in terms of gameplay anyway, so they can't be compared.

I believe the ridiculous title refers to the amount of time between the games, and details... I can't remember her name, but the new Organization XII member's time during the leather coated freak society.

I could be way off the mark though. It's Birth By Sleep I wanna play.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Alright, I'm stuck between to different games: Big Brain Academy Wii Degree or Mario Strikers Charged.

I can't buy them both at the same time, but I want to know which ones more fun than the other, or which ones more interesting to buy than the other.

So its either: BBA: Wii Degree or Mario Strikers Charged
Since Big Brain Academy costs less, I'd say get that first. Then start saving up for Mario Strikers. But I heard that Big Brain Academy wasn't too good either. You could rent both and see which one you like better.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Alright, I'm desperate for more Wii games. I've had my system since February 2007, so it's almost 2 years now, and I only have four games for it (five if Wii Sports counts). But unfortunately there has been so many poor-quality games that I can't even tell what's good anymore.

What I already have:
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

What I'm NOT looking for:
Games that are overly casual. Emphasis on 'overly', 'cause I already know that most Wii games are casual. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I've played Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, and I wasn't impressed, but I might give Wii Play a chance, because I kinda enjoyed it.
Multi-platform games. I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3, and most of the time I usually end up getting the 360 version if that's the case. So unless the Wii version is somehow better, I'm not interested.

Here's what I would recommend:

Pkmin 3 (Not the revamped versions of the older games.)
The sequel to Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Wii Version)
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Kirby (There is supposed to be a a Wii game on Kirby coming out soon.)

Hope I've helped.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Thank you.

Thanks everyone, I went ahead and got Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the Gameboy Advance and I have to say I enjoy it, but the battling can get tedious after a while.

Luckily the one I got allowed me to enter the second/secret mode with Riku.

Sora data: 4th floor level 17 Worlds beaten: 3
Riku data: Basment floor 11 level 9 Worlds beaten: 1

So far, I've noticed Riku is harder because he lacks a healing ability, but I believe his attack may be higher. Overall, I feel it's easier to control Riku.

Cobalt_Latios

Isn't that what EB Games/GameStop is for? Finding old games that have come out in the last 8-10 years? I'm sure the GBA section might have it; you'd just have to dig to find it. Of course, that's if you really want it (directed to the poster that asked the question, not GrizzlyB)

No kidding. PS2's are nearly disposable. Damn good console too as they have some of the best games around. IMO, I'd get one soon; within the next couple of years Sony will probably decide to ax it (the thing has been around for nealry 10 years already... it's time to shift support now. I want my PS3 price drop dammit!!! (yes, I do want it cheaper than $400, I'm stingy and cheap.))/

Actually, the game in question takes place during the events of Sora's "hibernation", through the PoV of Roxas. So, in other words, this is essentially CoM through Roxas's PoV.

I sware, this is even worse than making prequels. Not that it's a bad idea, it's just a bit confusing to follow...

Buy a damn PS2. Nintendo doesn't give a rat's ***.
I made my "addition" to Sony back with the PS1. That thing still has games that are damn decent (the original Spyro series, FF, multiple racing games...). However, the PS2 is even better. There's... too many games for it. I'm in the process of getting two of them (found one, still looking for the other).

im looking for a good PS2 game what should i get?
two words: Katamari Damacy. I kid you not, it may seem like an odd concept, but I can guarantee you will suddenly become addicted. It's that good.

If you can't find it: Shadow of the Colossus. Challenging, has a very unique story, and has some of the most impressive graphics the PS2 can possibly deliver.

If you're more into racing: Gran Turismo 4/Burnout 3: TakeDown. One offers better graphics, and the other is mainly... well, taking down your opponent.

If platforming is more your thing: Ratchet & Clank: UYA/Jak 3/Sly Cooper (<any of them).
One has a mix of platforming/shooting, the other involves magic, and the other is more of stealth. Take your pick.

And, if you're of "legal age" (like it matters anymore) : GTA III/Vice City/San Andreas. Although they're the kind of thing I wouldn't ever suggest, having played one of them myself (yes... I know), I wasn't too focused with doing anything "important"; just running around exploiting cheat codes and doing just about anything I could think of.

Oh, and if you're more into the RPG type, then try the Final Fantasy games available for it. There's a ton. Specifically: Final Fantasy X.

Really, though I probably only have 3 of the listed, that's mainly because my income doesn't too much, so I tend to have... "other" preferences that I use as well.

Now, I have a request of sorts: I'd like to have a list containing at least 10 must have Virtual Console or WiiWare titles. Or both. I don't really care. I'll work out the pricing later.

*C_L*

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Alright, I'm desperate for more Wii games. I've had my system since February 2007, so it's almost 2 years now, and I only have four games for it (five if Wii Sports counts). But unfortunately there has been so many poor-quality games that I can't even tell what's good anymore.

What I already have:
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

What I'm NOT looking for:
Games that are overly casual. Emphasis on 'overly', 'cause I already know that most Wii games are casual. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I've played Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, and I wasn't impressed, but I might give Wii Play a chance, because I kinda enjoyed it.
Multi-platform games. I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3, and most of the time I usually end up getting the 360 version if that's the case. So unless the Wii version is somehow better, I'm not interested.

DE BLOB.
You can thank me later :3
Also, Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon can actually be VERY. VERY hard.
Otherwise you could also go for Mario Kart Wii/Tales of Symphonia 2/Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn should all be considered. No More Heroes is a classic, though the between story gameplay get's boring.

Thanks everyone, I went ahead and got Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the Gameboy Advance and I have to say I enjoy it, but the battling can get tedious after a while.

Luckily the one I got allowed me to enter the second/secret mode with Riku.

Sora data: 4th floor level 17 Worlds beaten: 3
Riku data: Basment floor 11 level 9 Worlds beaten: 1

So far, I've noticed Riku is harder because he lacks a healing ability, but I believe his attack may be higher. Overall, I feel it's easier to control Riku.

With Riku, you wanna keep moving around. Luckily I believe he reloads almost instantly, so hold off using that Elixir or whatever it is untill later on. Generally speaking he's more fluid then Sora, and has better dash and jump skills, though of course his deck is average at best.

treespyro

Vintage much?
im looking for a good PS2 game what should i get?

Tekken Games
God of War
Gran Turismo 3/4

They are the PS2...well I just think they are the best, they are many good ones

flameswy

Lord of Light
oh oh oh! get either the twilight princes, or super smash bothers brawl!