• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

Cobalt_Latios

I'd say go for Madworld...

LITTLE NOTE ABOUT MADWORLD: The reason it is in black and white (apart from the blood) is because if it wasnt, it would be R and you are not allowed to sell R rated games in Australia... (Anyone remember the HUGE thing with the latest GTA???)
Actually, Manhunt 2 went through a significant overhaul just because of how violent the game ended up being. In fact, they "blurred" the "kill" scenes because of it.

I'm gonna say Madworld can partially get away with it's excessive violence for 2 reasons: 1) it's in black in white, making it a little more trickier to tell things apart, 2) it's for the Wii... as in, "lower resolution".

Ironically, Manhunt 2 was also for the Wii, PS2 and PSP.

Anyways...

I advise getting Super Mario Galaxy. It's a little disorienting at first, but after you get the hang of it, it's quite a ride.
It's not that it's disorienting, but apparently "running and jumping" wasn't quite as efficient as I would have liked it. There's some moments where doing a long jump is surprisingly more efficient to move around. But that's just me.

Anyways, would Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts be worthy X360 title?
Or any of the following:
- Grid
- Pure
- Eternal Sonata

In fact, what are some great games per genre on the X360? (as in: fighting, RPG, FPS, shooter, sim, adventure...)

I'd just like to know about at least 5-10 games.

*C_L*

fhqwhgads

I'd just like to know about at least 5-10 games.

*C_L*
Mass Effect(much better on the second playthrough)
Fallout 3
Modern Warfare 2
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Assassin's Creed(tad repetitive, but you should get it since it's cheap, and for the sequel soon)

kirapwns

PS3?OverNLNEthousand
Here's a pretty big question..

Prototype or Infamous?

Infamous played well with the Demo, but Prototype has alot more blood and gore, and even more attacks for that matter.

Emergency BuTcH

Team Rocketron! D8<
What DS games would you recommend? I'm specifically looking for something that takes a long time to beat or get the most out of. I already got Pokemon Platinum and The World Ends With You. I'm thinking about getting Final Fantasy Tactics, but I heard it's a little on the easy side. I'm also looking for one with at least a decent plot.

So I've got a Wii, DSi, and as of yesterday a PS3 and I'm looking to flesh out my PS3 library.

So far I have:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Little Big Planet

and plan on Buying:
MKvsDC
Marvel vs Capcom
MGS4

any other classic or great ps3 games I should look into?

Cobalt_Latios

So I've got a Wii, DSi, and as of yesterday a PS3 and I'm looking to flesh out my PS3 library.

So far I have:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Little Big Planet

and plan on Buying:
MKvsDC
Marvel vs Capcom
MGS4

any other classic or great ps3 games I should look into?
Even though it is a bit old, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is a definitive buy.

Ghostbusters. Smash Hits is bound to be suck.
Question is: which console should he get Ghostbusters for? I've actually been wondering that myself for a while.

*C_L*

Overheat Hothead

Custom User Title
I'm heading to Japan in September and one of the highlights of my trip will be Akihabara's Super Potato, a store that specializes in retro gaming. I will hopefully be picking up a Sega Mega Drive, Saturn and both the NES and SNES.
Just two questions:

1. Are these good choices for consoles?
2. What games for these consoles should I get?
I'd say a NES and a SNES are good choices. I have no idea about the Sega consoles.

I really like A Boy And His Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia. It's on the NES and is quite fun. There is also a sequel on the GameBoy and an upcoming one on the Wii. I have no idea about the store you are going to, but incase you were wondering, I got my copy on Amazon for around four dollars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Boy_and_His_Blob

Question is: which console should he get Ghostbusters for? I've actually been wondering that myself for a while.
Since the game hasn't been released yet, my only advice is to keep an eye on this and this as reviews start to pop up.

Last edited:

Haxon22

iJerk
Random: If you love arcade fighting games, get Marvel VS Capcom 1 or 2

Ktroys

(Insert Joke Here)
Lately I've been playing lots of Fire Emblem, and I am curious about 2 games:

Disgaea (PSP or DS)
Jeanne D'arc (PSP)

Are they anything like Fire Emblem? And are they overly complex? (ex. lots of stats to keep track of) And how difficult are they?

The Mursu

<-- Epic coat!
Ace Combat 6, Tom Clancy's Hawkx or Battlestations pacific for xbox 360. I'm currently thinkinc about AC6, but not sure yet. Any ideas?

treespyro

Vintage much?
Personally I will go for Tom Clancy's Hawkx because it is the only one I played, So my opinion isn't very valid

Dattebayo

Banned
Okay, what should I get: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (NPC) or Ghostbusters (360)? I've wasted most of my money on buying Disney DVDs, and now I'm starting saving it for buying either one of those two games.