• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

Cobalt_Latios

Well, I'm certainly going to get this game, I really enjoyed DoS and PoR... but for someone like you that has never played any Castelvania game, I don't know if it's safe to recommend.

Well, if you don't care about a game being 2D, then you'll certainly like it. A sidescroller with RPG factors or a 2D action-RPG game, it's not easy to describe the game genre. It has really cool monsters, big levels with many secret areas and cool boss fights. And a very high replay value as well.

There is also a lot of lore in the games, so I guess Order of Ecclesia will have a nice plot like it's predecessors.

So after all, I recommend you to get this game.
However, to be on the safe side, you can purchase a Wii Points card and get Super Castlevania IV; which pretty much a good way to introduce yourself to the series. That's what I've done. Though, I don't know if I'd get the newest one.

~C_L~

Goodbreath

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
>_______________>

This whole thread is asking other's opinions on games, genius.

Uh-DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!
If you seriously thought I did not know get yourself checked alright?

@Ninjabaker: Old castlevania games like Super Castlevania IV for the VC are indeed great choices but if you want to play a Castlevania game that's more in the style of ''order of ecclesia'' you should either try Symphony of the Night or well any of the GBA Castlevania games.

OoC is a great choice anyway because it's going to be a great castlevania game.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Okami is the better game in my opinion but De Blob is actually solid which is good, I really don't know about the Kirby one

So if you want something different and very casual go with De Blob but something serious would be Okami in comparison

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Help me out here: Kirby SuperStar Ultra (DS) vs. de Blob (Wii) vs. Okami (Wii)

You should get Kirby SuperStar Ultra. I've heard it's a super awesome game ^^

Anyway for me, I'm heading out to Best Buy this afternoon (right now it's morning and I'm in school with no period 1 class today) and so I'm wonder which games to get. It's either Kirby SuperStar Ultra, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (or nevertheless I'll need to get Wind Waker first but not now), Mario Kart Wii, or Super Paper Mario. Any suggestions? ^^

profpeanut

Anyway for me, I'm heading out to Best Buy this afternoon (right now it's morning and I'm in school with no period 1 class today) and so I'm wonder which games to get. It's either Kirby SuperStar Ultra, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (or nevertheless I'll need to get Wind Waker first but not now), Mario Kart Wii, or Super Paper Mario. Any suggestions? ^^

Well, I'm still deciding about Kirby (thanks treespyro BTW), but Phantom Hourglass is good for at least one run-through (a second one gets boring) and the online play is a bit interesting. Mario Kart Wii will last you a bit on single-player (Toad's Factory rocks) and the online is pretty good here (try out the bikes). Can't comment on SPM, but with my brief time with it, it's got quite a sense of humor and some decent gameplay.

I'm deciding whether to get Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 or Sonic Chronicles. Any advice on this matter would be appreciated.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I say Mario Kart Wii; it's got loads of replay value and addictiveness, and like profpeanut said, the online is great, and pretty much lag-free.

Hyendae

Herfderf
Question.

Firered (Pokemon), Golden Sun, or Gold (or Silver, pokemon)?

I'm trying to revive nostalgic feelings. Also, does DS play Gameboy Color games?

Hyendae

Herfderf
Drat. *shakes fist* I'll have to hunt on Ebay for a GBA.

Cobalt_Latios

Drat. *shakes fist* I'll have to hunt on Ebay for a GBA.
I'm sure you could scrounge up a previously viewed (a.k.a. used) GBA SP at your local EB Games, GameStop. Heck, you should be able to find a used GBA at your local pawn shop, if you have one.

That should do it for ya.

~C_L~

treespyro

Vintage much?
I have a Wii and a PC, and I cant decide between NHL 2K9 for the Wii or NHL 09 for the PC. What should I get?

I heard EA has made the NHL Series a lot better, NHL 09 for the PC because Online is better in comparison to 2K Sports. Oh and you can play Euro Leagues which are cool

PurpleMew

no promises
Well with christmas coming up, i want the game MySims; Kingdom but i also want Pokemon Ranger 2; shadows of almila. I can buy one now and leave the other till christmas, which should i chose ?

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
PurpleMew said:
Well with christmas coming up, i want the game MySims; Kingdom but i also want Pokemon Ranger 2; shadows of almila. I can buy one now and leave the other till christmas, which should i chose ?

Well, I don't know about the games themselves, but if you were buying one on your own now, and getting the other one as a present for Christmas, I would go with the cheapest now, probably Pokemon Ranger.