• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I just bought a Nintedo 64 and I really don't know anything about it. What are some solid games other than Stadium (I already have Stadium)

biggggg5

Bigglesworth
My little stepbrother has autism and thus has trouble playing a lot of games. Can anyone recommend some wii games that might suit him a little better without boring him (and me) to tears?

fireemblemfan4ever

FE Veteran (sort of)
I just bought a Nintedo 64 and I really don't know anything about it. What are some solid games other than Stadium (I already have Stadium)

Well... I'm not exactly sure... since I've never owned a 64. (And I'm curious as to why you have one? ^^ Of all things, why the 64?)
Anyway, I know The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is good, as is Ocarina of Time. But maybe you played the latter already...
There's Yoshi's Story... I think.
And Mario 64 isn't bad... if you don't have the DS one.

The original Super Smash Bros. comes to mind...

Can't really think of anything else. Sorry. :p

Edit:
i just recently got a wii and i was hoping if any of you could suggest me any games. money is not a problem, the only thing that i ask of you is not to recommed games with excessive amounts of gore or games in general in which go by the rule of "kill or be killed." i like to sit back and have fun, detective games (in which you can't die) would be wonderful as well.

the games/series i'm already planning on getting are: harvest moon AP/ToT/MM, rune factory, the legend of zelda TP/SS, kirby TtDL/EY, okami, mario galaxy/2 and tales of symphonia. am i missing any other must-get wii titles?

Get Fire Emblem.
Get Fire Emblem.
Get Fire Emblem.
Get Fire Emblem.

Really. It's a good game. My favorite franchise~
FE: Radiant Dawn is for the Wii... while FE: Path of Radiance if for the GameCube.
I think they might be a bit hard to find for a decent price, though...

There's Super Smash Bros...
Oh... and Monster Hunter Tri.
That's a really good game.

Last edited:

Blitz Lucario

Just a quick question for pretty much anyone, do you think it is necessary to get a game on its release day. Because just in the next 2 months there are to many games coming out that I want to get.

Such as: Fire Emblem: Awakening, SCII: Heart of the Swarm, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, PMD: Gates to Infinity, and Lego City: Undercover.

Here I am still trying to enjoy the games I got for my Wii U for Christmas and still playing Skyrim.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Just a quick question for pretty much anyone, do you think it is necessary to get a game on its release day. Because just in the next 2 months there are to many games coming out that I want to get.

Such as: Fire Emblem: Awakening, SCII: Heart of the Swarm, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, PMD: Gates to Infinity, and Lego City: Undercover.

Here I am still trying to enjoy the games I got for my Wii U for Christmas and still playing Skyrim.

well its never necessary to get a game on release just people who really cant wait and want the game get it on release

PsychicPsycho

I'm not sure if this is where this would go, but my bf bought me a bunch of games and gave me $100, I really want some more games, he got me InFAMOUS, God of War Saga, Resident Evil 6, and Shadow of the Damned, and I really love them, so any recommendations similar to those.
Infamous: the only thing similar I know of it is Prototype, but that's already suggested

God of War: the combat system (and many mechanics) in Dante's Inferno is very similar to G.o.W.. Bayonetta has some similaries- fights are in 3rd person, and usually done with blades or other melee weapons. However, the style of the game may be not be right for everyone (that is the actions and dialogue of cut scene could be seen as odd)

Resident Evil 6: F.E.A.R. might work- it's somewhat of a horror shooter, but not constantly supernatural. Should be cheap, though (<$10). Left 4 Dead is a constant zombie kill fest, and might work well if you're playing games with your friend (there's an emphasis on teamwork, but your team can be real people or A.I.)
My opinion is no, but I wouldn't ridicule someone either way. Do whatever you want.

Personally, I usually wait until a game gets cheaper, unless it's something I'm dying to play (outside of pokemon, the only time I can think of this happening is with Arkham City). Also, waiting means you're less likely to have to deal with bugs that may emerge right after release.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't get why people have to but games on release date either, especially if they don't even know 100% if it will be good.
~marioluigifan05

VioiV

I Am Zora!
Need some fun GBA/GBC games please? Excluding Mario, Pokemon and Advance Wars. Oh and no final fantasy...

VioiV

I Am Zora!
Already got em mate. Btw I meant Gameboy Advance/Gameboy Color.

VioiV

I Am Zora!
Ok thanks!

skeletorissatan

The Witcher 2. its not exactly new but its the best game ever. Also get Crysis 3. I preordered it and amazon dispatched it early so i got it early, and its amazing. make sure you upgrade your pc to play it though.

Abstinence Pistols

Which is better, the Devil may Cry HD Collection or the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection? I've played a few stealth games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but I don't have a lot of experience with hack n' slash games other than the DmC demo (which I found fun, if a little easy).

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Which is better, the Devil may Cry HD Collection or the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection? I've played a few stealth games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but I don't have a lot of experience with hack n' slash games other than the DmC demo (which I found fun, if a little easy).

The DMC HD collection series will chew you in and spit you out as tiny pieces of meat. Except DMC 2 which is terrible and you shouldn't play it at all.