• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Fallout: New Vegas or Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition?

That's pretty simple. They're the same game, but one with the DLC.

Far Cry 4 or GTA V? (Xbox one)

HUGE fan of the far cry series. And waiting because I am getting an Xbox one for Christmas, but also wanting the new grand theft auto. Which should I purchase first?
Also any other games that would be great for a first couple games for the Xbox one?

Ice Lock

Hello!
Who here has played Bravely Default and Fantasy Life?

I'm going to be given a 3DS game as an early Christmas present tomorrow and I would like to get both, but I can only go for one at this current time.

Aside from the class systems these games have, which of these games will give me an enjoyable single player experience, replayability/post game content and what is the wifi features like for fantasy life? How much will I get out of the wifi features? Anything else I should know about these games?

Last edited:

Heather F

new game for my cousin

I want to give a new game for my cousin, im interesting with Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Video Game Starter Pack - Xbox 360 , I saw on amazon the price is: Price: $79.99
do you think it worth? and give me a recommendation if there is a better

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I personally don't have it, but I've heard nice things about it. If he has certain heroes he likes, I'm sure you could find their figures on sale in addition to the starter pack. Its really not something that can be enjoyed alone, but with friends and family, so if he has someone who will play the game with him then I think it will be more fun. Something else that is pretty much the same is Skylanders, and thats something that you CAN enjoy on your own, so I think its just a matter of personal preference.

Nightblind249

What Castlevania game to play next?? I'm playing through the first game and I'm really enjoying it. I never did give the series a chance due to the fact that it's on multiple systems and I have this compulsion to play every game in order -.- That aside I have a Wii\Wii U, 360, 3DS, Vita. So if it falls on one of those please let me know. I'm thinking about Lord of Shadows next or one of the Ds titles.

Also if anyone could recommend a another good side scroller, aside from metroids (played them all) it be greatly welcomed.

Ice Lock

Hello!
What Castlevania game to play next?? I'm playing through the first game and I'm really enjoying it. I never did give the series a chance due to the fact that it's on multiple systems and I have this compulsion to play every game in order -.- That aside I have a Wii\Wii U, 360, 3DS, Vita. So if it falls on one of those please let me know. I'm thinking about Lord of Shadows next or one of the Ds titles.

Also if anyone could recommend a another good side scroller, aside from metroids (played them all) it be greatly welcomed.

Play any of these:

Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Super Castlevania (SNES)
Symphony of the night(PS1, should be in the 360 store, I think)
Circle of the moon (GBA)
Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Aria of sorrow (GBA)
Dawn of sorrow (DS)
Portrait of ruin (DS)
Order of ecclesia (DS)

I don't have an opinion on the lords of shadow series, so I can't say if I can recommend it or not. There are other good castlevania games out there, but the list of above is all of the ones I've played and I've enjoyed them all.

Other than SOTN, I don't know if you can find other games at a digital store and the DS series should be easy enough to find second hand.

Last edited:

Nightblind249

Play any of these:
I don't have an opinion on the lords of shadow series, so I can't say if I can recommend it or not. There are other good castlevania games out there, but the list of above is all of the ones I've played and I've enjoyed them all.

Other than SOTN, I don't know if you can find other games at a digital store and the DS series should be easy enough to find second hand.

Most of the GBA one's I think are on the Wii U virtual console (I think). Your the third person to recommend Symphony of the night. So this one might be next. I can get it for the 360 or the Vita with the Dracula X, you can get two for the price of one. Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the night.

Many thanks btw

monbattle

A pokemon game focused on strategic battles?!

Hi Everyone,

Are there any good online alternatives to Pokemon in the monster battling/collecting space?

I've played a slew of copycats: Micromon, Haypi Monsters, Mino monsters, the list goes on and on. As well as the MMORPG pokemons...but they were all just that. Clones of pokemon's formula.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon, and it pioneered the monster battling/collecting genre. But I disliked:

a) mindless grinding, where battles didn't feel strategic until I started PvP with friends (and that usually was at level 100 or 60s/70s)
b) very little teamwork/co-op play with friends (I know this was not the intention of pokemon)
c) a story that I was not excited to learn more about

After mobile games became a thing, I was optimistic that there would be more games in the monster collection/battling genre, especially since collectible card games were taking off (rage of bahamut/legend of the cryptids). But it turns out, mobile games have even less depth. Many have auto battles, where you make very few strategic battle decisions. That to me, was one of the best parts of Pokemon/RPG games. I'm not including traditional RPGs here, only games that have a monster collecting/battling element.

Thus, I formed a team to work on MonBattle (I won't link you, you can google to find our website), an online game which has Final Fantasy Tactics like strategy (making you think each turn), guilds and guild battles so you can play with friends, and Monster Battling/Collecting. It's also set in a post apocalyptic world, as we wanted to ingrain a darker tone on this genre.

My Question is: Would you guys want a game like this in the online game space, and if so, what would you like to see be an element to the game? Or is Pokemon satisfying all of your needs in a monster battling/collecting game?

Thank you for hearing me out and would love to hear your insight!

Pyroli

Banned
Recently got an Xbox One, sadly I have very limited knowledge of the library and would like to know what you guys suggest?

At the moment I only have Xbox One Minecraft.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Recently got an Xbox One, sadly I have very limited knowledge of the library and would like to know what you guys suggest?

At the moment I only have Xbox One Minecraft.

Get these games (not in any particular order), and I'm gonna assume you only have an Xbox One, so I'll also be recommending multiplatform games

•Sunset Overdrive (fast paced over the top Third Person Shooter)
•Dark Dreams Don't Die (wacky and great downloadable game)
•Forza Horizon 2 (beautiful open world racing game)
•Dead Rising 3 (zombie TPS)
•Dragon Age Inquisition (very awesome Western RPG)
•Middle-Earth Shadows of Mordor (kinda like Assassin's Creed, but set in the world of the Lord Of The Rings, and has a very unique gameplay feature in the form of the Nemesis system)
•The Evil Within (horror game from the man who created the Resident Evil franchise)
•Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes (stealth game. It's only an hour long, so look for deals ~$10. Don't pay anymore than that)

If you want to pre-order upcoming games, there are
•Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (remastered version of PSP game, and comes with a demo for FFXV)
•Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain
•Batman Arkham Knight

I have a 3ds and i don't have many games for it. I want to change that and get some other games,but i have no idea where to start. Could someone point me in the direction of some good games for the 3ds?

Zachmac

I have a 3ds and i don't have many games for it. I want to change that and get some other games,but i have no idea where to start. Could someone point me in the direction of some good games for the 3ds?
Well, it really depends on what types of games you're looking for. Assuming you already have XY or Oras, I'll just list off some of my favorites.

-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Super Smash Brothers

These games are all very different games and different genres. I'd recommend looking into each of them before you decide.

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
Zachmac said:
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Super Smash Brothers

This is a great list to start with. I would personally recommend getting either Fire Emblem or A Link Between Worlds first, but you can't go wrong with any of these.

I would also add Animal Crossing: New Leaf to the list if you're looking looking for something a little more laid back and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D if you've never had a chance to play that masterpiece.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
i was actually gonna skip Mario Party 10 for the first time in 15 years since the very first 1 but after seeing the trailer i may consider getting it now. Plus we got Rosalina (they are really using her alot this time around) and we got a playable DK back!!?? After 13 years??!! that's major!

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
What about kingdom hearts? It looks like a game that could be fun.
If you are asking about the game on the 3DS (Dream Drop Distance), I would only recommend it if you have played other games in the series. I enjoyed the game a lot, but the story is ridiculous even for someone who does know what's going on. Regardless, I think the options above would be a better place to start, but if you really like Kingdom Hearts, you'll probably enjoy Dream Drop Distance.

Vinosea

Stealth as a Ninja
I've been playing Total War games for years ever since I first picked up Medieval II: Total War years ago. With the new Total War game coming out in two weeks, and a desire to play different games, I've decided to buy an older TW game. Since I already own and have access to two TW games, Rome 2 and Shogun 2, I was wondering whether I should buy Medieval II once again or start anew with Empire. What do you all think?

Ketaru

So I've had this itch to play "The World Ends With You" again. In fact, part of me is wondering if I should buy the iOS version. Is it a different experience from the DS version? I still own the DS version and, with the New 3DS still having backwards comparability to DS games, it won't be obsolete anytime soon so I could always just replay that again. But is the iOS version an upgrade that could be considered a definitive version?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So I've had this itch to play "The World Ends With You" again. In fact, part of me is wondering if I should buy the iOS version. Is it a different experience from the DS version? I still own the DS version and, with the New 3DS still having backwards comparability to DS games, it won't be obsolete anytime soon so I could always just replay that again. But is the iOS version an upgrade that could be considered a definitive version?

The DS version is the one you want to play.