• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

SummerHaze

I can suggest Forest Legends, Coaster Rider and Displaced. Very cool games, I can play them for hours. Besides you can select/download them on PC for free. That's so convy!

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Tony Hawk Proskater and Proskater 2. Love the series on PS2 (as in 3 and 4).

DioBrandoTHEWORLD

Mad Scientist!
I just bought a Sega Dreamcast today with Mortal Kombat Gold, anyone have any game suggestions besides the obvious one Sonic

Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes, Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The King of Fighters franchise(Have many games on Dreamcast) and Soul Calibur are a must if you like fighting games. I'd also recommend Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Do you like open worlds? Because Shenmue and its sequel come to mind.
Actually yes in fact I am trying to get my hands on them, sadly the only version of the sequel I found was on the Xbox so I am probably just gonna get the sequel on the Xbox, still trying to get the first one on the Dreamcast however :)

NPC

sleep researcher
I just bought a Sega Dreamcast today with Mortal Kombat Gold, anyone have any game suggestions besides the obvious one Sonic

The Dreamcast is a wonderful console that can do a bunch of unique things.

It has a handful of quirky, original action/adventure games such as Shenmue I and II, Illbleed, D2, Space Channel 5 (Parts 1 and 2), and Jet Grind Radio.

It has a ton of ports of arcade fighting games, shooting games, and racing games, such as Marvel vs Capcom 2, Bangai-O, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Hydro Thunder, SoulCalibur, Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram, Capcom vs SNK Pro and 2, Crazy Taxi 1 and 2, Dynamite Cop, Ikaruga, Metropolis Street Racer, Psyvariar 2, Power Stone 1 and 2, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, Project Justice, Zero Gunner 2... and more. I'd say this is the Dreamcast's main strength. However, I recommend finding a compatible arcade pad, as the default controller is bad for arcade games.

It has the best versions of Resident Evil 2, 3, and Dino Crisis, if survival horror is your thing. Plus, Code: Veronica and Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare.

It has an excellent home version of The House of the Dead 2, for which I suggest getting a compatible Guncon, for the whole arcade experience.

It has a pair of fantastic JRPGs in Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia.

It has some extremely stylish, hard-to-categorize games like Cool Cool Toon, Cosmic Smash, Seaman, and Rez.

It has some beautifully colorful and pleasant-looking games such as Ecco: Defender of the Future and Elemental Gimmick Gear.

It has an extremely addictive action-RPG with online muti-player in Phantasy Star Online, which can still be played online on the Dreamcast with some fiddling. If you really get into it, I recommend seeking out the Dreamcast keyboard, which will also allow you to play the hilarious The Typing of the Dead.

Finally if you're looking for fun and simple multi-player games, Ooga Booga, Puyo Puyo Fever, Re-Volt, and Samba de Amigo should be up your alley.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
What kind of games do you like?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Looking for games to get on the 3DS, really anything, as long as its not too pricey.
I would recommend the underrated gem, Ever Oasis. It combines the elements of a real-time adventure RPG with maintaining a town.

I feel like this games gets overlooked. I would do some minimal research and see if it's right for you.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I would recommend the underrated gem, Ever Oasis. It combines the elements of a real-time adventure RPG with maintaining a town.

I feel like this games gets overlooked. I would do some minimal research and see if it's right for you.
Second this. It's a pretty fun RPG.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Planning on getting my birthday gift early this year. Two $20 eshop cards. Getting the Pokemon Shield DLC and Dragon Quest 2. Having a heck of a time choosing another game. Starred the ones I'm really interested in, but it's hard to choose.

Ones I'm deciding between under the cut.

*Dragon Quest 2 $5.19 26 coins
*The Flame in the Flood $4.49 23 coins
Don't Starve $4.99 25 coins
*Crypt of the Necro Dancer $3.99 20 coins
*Earthlock $5.98 30 coins
*Pokemon Shield exp pass $29.99 150 coins
Toki Tori $0.49 3 coins
Strike! Ten Pin Bowling $7.49 38 coins
Desktop Bowling $5.17 26 coins
*Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King $7.49 38 coins (this one is a nice throwback to old school Zelda games)
Toki Tori 2+ $1.49 8 coins
All Star Fruit Racing $0.99 5 coins

Narrowed it down a bit.

Both Toki Toris

Pokemon DLC

Dragon Quest 2

Either The Flame in the Flood or Crypt of the Necro Dancer

--------------

Ended up going with Crypt of the NecroDancer, Dragon Quest 2, Toki Tori 1 and 2, OTTTD and the Pokemon Shield DLC. Still have the Flame in the Flood on my wish list.

Last edited:

eninbolsonova

I'm kinda loosing my interest any new video games recently.

After GTA5, no games seems interesting.

Please leave your comment what you play recently.

Thank you!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I have Switch! and PC and PS4.
Ok. For the Switch I recommend any of the Shantae games if you enjoy platformers that also have unique puzzles, Paper Mario The Origami King, Untitled Goose Game, And Pokemon Sword and Shield with the DLC. I also recommend Kirby Star Allies, Pokemon Cafe, And Tetris 99. All of those games are enjoyable to play and you will spend hours playing all of them except Untitled Goose Game. Untitled Goose Game is more of a relaxing type game where you are supposed to cause mischief but there really is no rush or pressure to do so until the last mission and the one Achievement which is time based. In Goose, you can keep tormenting the same people for as long as you’d like and the worst that they’ll ever do to you is take away something you took from the current area and shoo you away.

WaterTypeStarter

Are there any good non-Pokemon RPG's?

With a good open world and exploration?

Given PMD did not exist back then, are there any good Mystery Dungeon games for the original Game Boy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Are there any good non-Pokemon RPG's?

With a good open world and exploration?
The one RPG I can think of that has an open world (non-linearity) and exploration is Xenoblade Chronicles X.

If you have a Wii U, you can give that game a shot.

NPC

sleep researcher
Given PMD did not exist back then, are there any good Mystery Dungeon games for the original Game Boy?

Yes, there's a really good one called Cave Noire. It isn't strictly a Mystery Dungeon game, but the gameplay is really similar. It was only released in Japan, but there's an English fan translation. Even without the translation, it's very easy to get into.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I am planning on getting an Xbox Series X soon (well, as soon as I can get one of course). I am looking into some more Xbox games, and I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations. If they have any Series X enhancements or play especially well on it, that would be nice of course, but I am interested in any suggestions, not just ones with such enhancements. I currently only have Halo and Titanfall games. I do like first-person shooters, but I do like other sorts of video games as well.

My video game interests are quite varied. On Nintendo systems, I enjoy platformers (including Mario, Yoshi, etc.), RPGs (such as Pokemon), adventuring games (such as Pikmin), puzzle games (such as Captain Toad), along with other games (Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Paper Mario, and Animal Crossing). I also enjoy Sid Meier's Civilization games (for PC). I may enjoy such sorts of games on other consoles.

I am open to suggestions, but some things I don't really care for are the following: excessive violence / gore, horror / anything especially frightening, anything overtly sexual in nature, a main focus of some supernatural elements (zombies, demonic aspects, and similar elements), and some other stuff that isn't coming to mind at the moment. If I dislike a particular suggestion, I can comment with reasons on why as to help narrow down what I my like.

I am not sure for certain what sort of recommendations I may get here, but I would be truly appreciative of any suggestions people may provide. I would be glad to reciprocate and provide suggestions for others as well.

NPC

sleep researcher
It sounds like Control would be right up your alley.

The SX is backwards-compatible with a lot of XBox One and 360 games, so I would recommend looking into their libraries as well if you've never had those consoles. You might enjoy the Saints Row games (mainly 3 and 4), the Resistance games (especially 3), Assassin's Creed IV, Sleeping Dogs, and Transformers: Devastation. Also look into the Rare Replay collection if you're interested in older, more cartoony games.