• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

Kabuto

little punks!
I am a Cheap A** Gamer. So naturally, I try to buy only what is excellent and beyond.

I've been debating which of these three titles I should get:

A. Zack & Wiki
B. Okami
C. No More Heroes

Now I already have mario, metroid, zelda, paper mario, brawl and.....sonic (>_<). Not to mention RE4 on my Cube and the pile of VC games I have (which has been all I've been buying really)

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I've played No More Heroes all the way through, and the first hours of Okami.

To be completely honest, both of them have some combat issues. No More Heroes' combat is fun but it does get repetitive. And Okami, as said in reviews from sites and magazines and such, the "painting" aspect doesn't work perfexcly on the Wii. Well, it does work, but as said it has some trouble picking up the shapes you're making. But what I found to be even worse than the painting controls is the basic attacking. For some reason, when you shake the controler to attack, a LOT of the time it doesn't work and you're left standing there for monsters to kill you. Okami is a great game though, if you do want to sacrifice perfect controls for outstanding visuals, gameplay, and japanese legend you should pick it up. It's also quite a long game.
No More Heroes you should rent. It's fun, kinda short, and repetitive, so it's really a great combonation for a rent.

Zack and Wiki, like I said, I haven't played so you'll need someone elses opinion on that.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Okay...I'm trying to think of which game to go after in my wishlist. It's either from the DS or the Wii.

~ DS ~
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

~ Wii ~
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy

I already have 5 games for the DS, which is Pokemon Diamond, PMD1 Blue Rescue Team, PMD2 Explorers of Time, Mario Kart DS, and Animal Crossing: Wild World; and 2 games for the Wii, which is Super Smash Bros. Brawl and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Since I have only 2 games for the Wii, I was thinking of going after Link's Crossbow Training first but after two weeks of completing Twilight Princess, I decided to take a break from the TLoZ series. I was mostly going for Mario Kart Wii (since it's pretty much popular and that I love the Mario racing games) but it's recently been sold out on most stores. So I'm trying to debate on Super Paper Mario or Super Mario Galaxy...I've heard both are awesome but idk which one to choose :/ Any suggestions of which one's better?

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Which game should I get Tales of Vesperia or Infinite Undisovery?
I know there not released yet but, i can't make up my mind which one i should get

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Super Mario Galaxy is easily the best of what you listed.

Hmmmm...that sounds like a great choice then :] I've played Super Mario Sunshine (I remember having 96 shines in my file...hey, getting that much shines is possible!) so I won't have much of a problem. In this game, there are 120 stars to get...and I've heard that once you get all of those and beat Bowser again, you get to play as Luigi. All right, Super Mario Galaxy it is! With so many stars to get (and Luigi to play as if I managed to get that far), this game can at least keep me busy ^^ Thanks!

vibe9222

King of the SandBox
Which game should I get Tales of Vesperia or Infinite Undisovery?
I know there not released yet but, i can't make up my mind which one i should get

both look like realy great games but
IMO Tales of Vesperia
u can never go wrong with a tales game :3

absoluteSoul

Yeah, 421 combos!
u can never go wrong with a tales game :3

You can't trust a biased opinion tbh. I suggest looking in YouTube for gameplay videos to see if you're satisfied with how the games look or not. If you're afraid of spoiling yourself, look for demo videos.

Although I do have to admit, I'd sell my voice for this game and an XBOX360. =/

Cojiro_Cucco

Haven't gotten a new DS game in a while. Should I get:

Final Fantasy IV
The World Ends With You
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

arceus03

Urm, what is a good Tales of [Series] game for any console? I'm thinking of Tales of Destiny II.

Last edited:

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
OK! Just got a PS3 MGS4 Bundle.... and now I need some opinions on decent games for it.
The games I play are pretty much these:
-Action
-RPG
-Fighting
-Platforming
-Shooter (depends... dont care for war remake games)

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... and try to explain why you feel you should recommend it?

Pinata Panda

I Am Crazy ^_^
Okay I just got an XBOX 360 and am currently playing Halo 3

I like first person shooters

Any games you can reccomend

(I was thinking of getting Gears Of War but was not sure)

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer

Gears is good... And Call of Duty 4 has excellent online multiplayer.

absoluteSoul

Yeah, 421 combos!
Urm, what is a good Tales of [Series] game for any console? I'm thinking of Tales of Destiny II.

Well, if you can read and understand Japanese, it's best to import. If not, Tales of Vesperia is already out for the XBOX 360.

Inferneus

game

If you have a Ps3 you should get Metal Gear Solid 4, Battlefield: Bad Company, Assassin's Creed, and Little Big Planet. These games are awesome.

treespyro

Vintage much?
OK! Just got a PS3 MGS4 Bundle.... and now I need some opinions on decent games for it.
-Action
-RPG
-Fighting
-Platforming

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... and try to explain why you feel you should recommend it?

Fighting: Tekken 5 DR, because Tekken 6 wouldn't be out for a while and maybe Soulcalibur IV and Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit

Action: Devil May Cry 4 and GTA IV are your pick

Platformer: Spyro the Dragon on the playstation Network

Shooter: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

RPG: Elder Scrolls IV

Others: Madden NFL 09

Cobalt_Latios

You need Bioshock, or the Orange Box. That pretty much has the whole Half Life 2 episodes which are excellent FPS's, along with Portal a great puzzle FPS and Team Fortress 2... though, not much on me there. But, if you want a unique way of playing FPSs play Bioshock. I've heard great things on this.

-Action
-RPG
-Fighting
-Platforming

I can't suggest too many (mostly because I don't own a PS3, but have heard good things)...

Action: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
RPG: Folklore perhaps...
Fighting: N/A (don't know any)
Platforming: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. This one is a definitive buy.
Shooter: Resistance: Fall of Man, Orange Box, Bioshock (confirmed for release on PS3... okay, so you'll need to wait a bit).

~C_L~

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
-Action
-RPG
-Fighting
-Platforming

I don't really play very much of the Playstation games but I think the best game I can suggest for you under the fighting category would be Soul Calibur IV ^^ I've heard it's such a great game and I myself wish to play it sometime since I've played Soul Calibur II (on Gamecube though but sadly I've never played Soul Calibur III). Soul Calibur is mostly the only series outside of Nintendo that I have more knowledge of (besides Kingdom Hearts) :] But really you should try the game out!

Last edited: