• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Okay I just got an XBOX 360 and am currently playing Halo 3

I like first person shooters

Any games you can reccomend

(I was thinking of getting Gears Of War but was not sure)

Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 all both good but I would highly reccomend The Orange Box. You get 3 Half-Life games which are all amazing shooters. You get Portal. And if you want to play online there's Team Fortress 2. The only flaw with the game is that it doesn't support local multiplayer, just online, but you do have Halo 3 already.

Okay, this is more of a "what should I play first" question, seeing as I already have both.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess or Super Mario RPG?

If you've played through any 3D Zeldas, Twilight Princess is more of the same. Super Mario RPG is supposed to be really awesome though, so I'd go with that.

Cojiro_Cucco

I'm looking for a good DS game, I'm strapped for cash though so I can only get one for now. I'm considering: Final Fantasy IV, The World Ends With You, or Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. Which one is best?

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Ninja Gaiden or Gunstar Heroes (both on VC)?

I heard both of them are very good, but which one should I get first?

treespyro

Vintage much?
I'm looking for a good DS game, I'm strapped for cash though so I can only get one for now. I'm considering: Final Fantasy IV, The World Ends With You, or Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. Which one is best?

Personally I would Pick Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time because I am not a FF fan but the other game I have played and is worth picking up

Ninja Gaiden or Gunstar Heroes (both on VC)?

I heard both of them are very good, but which one should I get first?

Personally I like Gunstar Heroes better but look at some Info on them, and then make a choice

I need to get back to playing my DS. I am no longer up-to-date with the latest or greatest DS games, so I did a little bit of research. Not to much sounded better than great, though The World Ends With You, One of the Ace Attorney games or either of the Legend of Zelda sounded interesting. I'm up for anything really, something fun that I can turn on and play whenever I want to.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I haven't gotten a new Wii game since May, and a new DS game since April '07. e_e So, Wario Land: Shake It! or Kirby Super Star Ultra?

mimejr.james

< The one and only
I need help again.

I'm not updated anymore on DS games, but I'm planning to buy a DS game on my birthday. So could anyone recommend good DS games?

Oh, and another thing. What game should I get between:

-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PSP)

~or~

-Syphon Filter(PSP)

Thanks for the help!^^

Fenix

Tremulant
I need help again.

I'm not updated anymore on DS games, but I'm planning to buy a DS game on my birthday. So could anyone recommend good DS games?

~or~

-Syphon Filter(PSP)

Thanks for the help!^^
As of new ds games, I'd recommend you Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2, Soul Bubbles, Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise and Dragon Quest IV.

I'd choose Star Wars: TFU over Syphon Filter any day, but that's me.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I need recommendations for some underrated DS games.
Mainly, I've been sticking to mainstream Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc.)
But I want to vary my game taste my delving into lesser-known and underrated third-party games.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Fenix

Tremulant
I was going to be all "The World Ends With You ftw", but since you said underrated and lesser-known games I'd suggest N+, Trauma Center: UtK2 (it's underrated ;_;), Lost in Blue (really difficult game, beware) and Lock's Quest.

Last edited:

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
I need help again.

~or~

-Syphon Filter(PSP)

Thanks for the help!^^

Syphon Filter. It's fun and reasonably long. Which Syphon Filter are you planning on getting?

TFU is rather short and gets repetitive.
------------------------
Fenix said:
I'd suggest N+

Seconded. N+ is extremely fun.

Last edited:

mimejr.james

< The one and only
Syphon Filter. It's fun and reasonably long. Which Syphon Filter are you planning on getting?

TFU is rather short and gets repetitive.
------------------------

Seconded. N+ is extremely fun.

I'm planning to get SF: Dark Mirror.

Thanks for the suggestions, Fenix and Honsy! But I still need suggestions from the other users before making up my mind.

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Okay, Dark Mirror is pretty good. If you can though, get Logan's Shadow.

It's really fun, and IIRC, it comes with Combat Ops.

Dattebayo

Banned
What game should I get, Wario Land: Shake it! or Lego Batman for the Wii? I wanted to try out Wario Land and my friend recommended me to buy Lego Batman since he's a huge Batman fan.

latios reborn

It doesn't matter if he is a fan of batman or not.. I do like the lego games so I say batman

Gentleman Skeleton

What game should I get, Wario Land: Shake it! or Lego Batman for the Wii? I wanted to try out Wario Land and my friend recommended me to buy Lego Batman since he's a huge Batman fan.

Wario Land, hands down. If you've played Lego Star Wars or Lego Indiana Jones, you've basically played Lego Batman.

esm8m

Pokémaniac
I need to get back to playing my DS. I am no longer up-to-date with the latest or greatest DS games, so I did a little bit of research. Not to much sounded better than great, though The World Ends With You, One of the Ace Attorney games or either of the Legend of Zelda sounded interesting. I'm up for anything really, something fun that I can turn on and play whenever I want to.
Phantom Hourglass is good, especially if you like stylus driven controls and Wind Waker. If you don't like either one, it's probably not good for you. The Ace Attorney games are fun if you are good at logic and investigation, and like games that are driven more by plot than action. I've only played the first two, and of those two I suggest starting with the first one (Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney), beyond a doubt.
For pick-up-and-play, though, Kirby Super Star Ultra is also good. If you like platformers, that is. I also like Meteos and Tetris DS, but that's personal preference based on my like of puzzle games.

noobers said:
I haven't gotten a new Wii game since May, and a new DS game since April '07. e_e So, Wario Land: Shake It! or Kirby Super Star Ultra?
I haven't played Shake It!, but Kirby Super Star Ultra is very fun. Unless you absolutely hate platformers (or Kirby), you won't regret it. It can feel a little quick (Spring Breeze is maybe 30 minutes), but getting 100% is difficult. And there's plenty of replay value.

Sapphire Milotic

I think that the most critical Pokemon games to get would be the first and second generations of Pokemon. They are very hard to obtain now, but if you search on Ebay or Amazon, I am sure you will find some of the games. :)

Also, the first Paper Mario is amazing! :D