• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

Fenix

Tremulant
Dead space or Fable 2. i'm really excited for both and will get them both eventually but since i'll only have enough money to buy one when it first comes out , the question is which should i get first.
I'd say Dead Space. Fable II looks awesome as well, mainly because the first was really fun and the second looks like it improved from Fable on almost every aspect.

I said Dead Space 'cause from what I've read and seen this game sounds like it's going to be loads of fun, and it's really innovative too, so Fable II could wait IMO.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Dead space or Fable 2. i'm really excited for both and will get them both eventually but since i'll only have enough money to buy one when it first comes out , the question is which should i get first.

I'm going to agree with Fenix above and say Dead Space. Since you're planning on getting both anyways it'd be wise to not get the RPG first as it would take a LONG time to finish with it.

I need recommendations for some underrated DS games.
Mainly, I've been sticking to mainstream Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc.)
But I want to vary my game taste my delving into lesser-known and underrated third-party games.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Phoenix Wright if you haven't already tried it. Although you might want to rent it. There's also Trauma Center which has been said by Fenix again. There's also Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania which aren't really popular, but aren't unpopular either.

Last edited:

Yukikaze

*blink*
So I've been thinking of three games lately since I need my racing fix for my 360
-Forza Motorsport 2
-Project Gotham Racing 4
-Ridge Racer 6

Recommendations please, people. :)

flamingoozaru

For a lover of great storylines, Phoenix Wright will satisfy. But if your looking for games that have action in them, I don't think Phoenix Wright is what your looking for.

So, onto my own wonderings... Out of Disgaea DS and Afternoon of Darkness, which one would be a better choice to buy?

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
So I've been thinking of three games lately since I need my racing fix for my 360
-Forza Motorsport 2
-Project Gotham Racing 4
-Ridge Racer 6

Forza is fun, takes a bit to get into the real "meat" of the game, as in, it starts off slowly.

Out of Disgaea DS and Afternoon of Darkness, which one would be a better choice to buy?

Afternoon of Darkness. It's really fun and (like the above game) it starts off kinda slowly, but most SRPG's do.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I haven't gotten a game for my wii in a while, so I'm looking back at some not totally new ones.

I'm always a fan of Mario games, so any good one's you suggest for Wii? I don't have many games, but already rule out SSB. I believe that is the only mario one I have. I'm open to basically everything.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I would suggest Super Mario Galaxy then, or Mario Kart Wii.

Cobalt_Latios

I haven't gotten a game for my wii in a while, so I'm looking back at some not totally new ones.

I'm always a fan of Mario games, so any good one's you suggest for Wii? I don't have many games, but already rule out SSB. I believe that is the only mario one I have. I'm open to basically everything.
Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party... or would you prefer some VC titles?

~C_L~

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I would suggest Super Mario Galaxy then, or Mario Kart Wii.

Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party... or would you prefer some VC titles?

~C_L~

Well this works out, I was thinking about Super Mario Galaxy. And Colbalt L. I'm open to some of those titles too, but not just Mario ones in that case. ^_^
Also, I assume Super Paper Mario is good? It's not too easy is it?

XWiseOneX

"Newbie"
Hey guys, I need help. What game is better on the PS2: NBA Live 09 or NBA 2K9, I always thought that the NBA 2K series were a lot better than NBA Live but now it looks like NBA Live 09 is selling 8 dollars more than the 2K9. I wonder if there's anything better lol. Anyways, what is better?

latios reborn

Considering i have compleated lego batman I am going to take it back (it was on Ds so it was easy) But anyway i'm not sure what Ds game I should get. I was thinking about Mario 64 as I lost my copy a while ago and do kinda want to play it again, or something else but I don't know what.

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Hey guys, I need help. What game is better on the PS2: NBA Live 09 or NBA 2K9, I always thought that the NBA 2K series were a lot better than NBA Live but now it looks like NBA Live 09 is selling 8 dollars more than the 2K9. I wonder if there's anything better lol. Anyways, what is better?

Go with 2K9.

The 2K Series is alot more fun.

Cobalt_Latios

Quick purchase question: out of the titles I'm about to mention, which ones are worth it, or which ones should be passed over for other future releases?

- Sonic Chronicles
- de Blob
- Wario Land: Shake It
- Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2

And I've been thinking of getting the 2006 Spyro game: A New Beginning, and Eternal Night. Does anyone think those are worth it? Or not?

~C_L~

Gentleman Skeleton

Quick purchase question: out of the titles I'm about to mention, which ones are worth it, or which ones should be passed over for other future releases?

- Sonic Chronicles
- de Blob
- Wario Land: Shake It
- Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2

And I've been thinking of getting the 2006 Spyro game: A New Beginning, and Eternal Night. Does anyone think those are worth it? Or not?

~C_L~

de Blob and Wario Land are pretty good and are definately worth a looking at. I'm not sure about DDR since I'm not a huge fan of the games. Avoid Sonic Chronicles like the plague, it's a huge disapointment.

Goodbreath

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
de Blob and Wario Land are pretty good and are definately worth a looking at. I'm not sure about DDR since I'm not a huge fan of the games. Avoid Sonic Chronicles like the plague, it's a huge disapointment.

That's personal opinion really...

In my opinion haha (woah what?) The best buys are Wario land: shake it! and Sonic Chronicles.

De Blob isn't meant for hardcore gamers mostly for casuals. If you are a casual gamer however buy it with full speed!

-Rune factory
-Harvest moon tree of life (or whatever it's called)
-Fallout 3

Decisions... Decisions...

NinjaBaker

Well Im looking for a new ds game to buy and I recently found out (seriously, like 10 minuts ago xD) that there is a new Castlevania game for the ds coming out on Tuesday, October 21st Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. I have always seen the castlevania games and they look like fun games, I just never payed attention to them. Anyone gonna get this game? It looks like I might want it... does any1 recomend I get this?

;492-s;

Fenix

Tremulant
Well Im looking for a new ds game to buy and I recently found out (seriously, like 10 minuts ago xD) that there is a new Castlevania game for the ds coming out on Tuesday, October 21st Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. I have always seen the castlevania games and they look like fun games, I just never payed attention to them. Anyone gonna get this game? It looks like I might want it... does any1 recomend I get this?

;492-s;

Well, I'm certainly going to get this game, I really enjoyed DoS and PoR... but for someone like you that has never played any Castelvania game, I don't know if it's safe to recommend.

Well, if you don't care about a game being 2D, then you'll certainly like it. A sidescroller with RPG factors or a 2D action-RPG game, it's not easy to describe the game genre. It has really cool monsters, big levels with many secret areas and cool boss fights. And a very high replay value as well.

There is also a lot of lore in the games, so I guess Order of Ecclesia will have a nice plot like it's predecessors.

So after all, I recommend you to get this game.