• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

zipzap713

@Peteyism
Anyway, should I get:
2 Wii Classic Controllers for SSBB
or
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack (PS3)
I've decided on the 2 Classic Controllers. Gamecube controllers are not an option for me, even though they would be optimal for the game. Wavebird or other Wireless GC controllers are literally unfindable in my area, and I can only get Wireless controllers (Parents hate the wires since my game systems are in the living room). And the price of two wireless GC controllers would exceed my $40 limit. Thanks for the help though.

I've been looking around for a sword fighting-esque type of Wii game. Any suggestions?

Also, having a hard time choosing between Chrono Trigger (DS) and Castlvania: Order of Eclessia.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
I've been looking around for a sword fighting-esque type of Wii game. Any suggestions?

Also, having a hard time choosing between Chrono Trigger (DS) and Castlvania: Order of Eclessia.
I don't know of any sword fighting games.
Between Chrono Trigger and Castlvania, I would say get Chrono Trigger.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

You could wait for Sonic and the Black Knight. *maimed*

As for Trigger VS. Castlvania, go for Chrono Trigger.

Cobalt_Latios

That depends; just how much "waggling" do you want?

- Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End (if you can find it)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (sorta kinda)
- Soul Calibur Legends
- Bleach: Shattered Blade (mainly just waggling, no actual "sword fighting" involved. Sure seems like it though)
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (if you play as Emil... again, sorta kinda)

~C_L~

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

May I suggest The Legend Of Zelda : Twilight Princess?

Is Prince of Persia : The Two Thrones, any good compared to Prince Of Persia : Sands of Time, and Prince of Persia : Warrior Within? I recently got the new one, for Xbox 360, and it reminded me about how much I loved playing PoP =)

ArabGamer

Hi all.

Shall I get a DS with Pokemon D/P/Pt OR wait until then next handheld is released by Nintendo and get the next gen in pokemon games?

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
Hi all.

Shall I get a DS with Pokemon D/P/Pt OR wait until then next handheld is released by Nintendo and get the next gen in pokemon games?

Seeing as they haven't even made announcements of the next gen in any form whatsoever, I'd say the answer was pretty obvious.

Unless you like waiting, get a DS and D/P/Pt

ArabGamer

Seeing as they haven't even made announcements of the next gen in any form whatsoever, I'd say the answer was pretty obvious.

Unless you like waiting, get a DS and D/P/Pt

Only problem is, I can only have one of those two choices (parents :mad:) and I thought, since all the games for this gen are almost released,and soon (maybe in 1-3 years) the next gen will be released and obviously I'll want it.

fhqwhgads

No, the DS won't be dying for some time. They're set to release the DSi in most regions once sales go down a bit(and it sitting at number one in system sales every month doesn't help), and then use that for several years. Don't expect a new handheld until roughly 2012 and a new Pokemon game until 2013 or later.

So, basically, if your parents won't let you/buy you two games with about five years in between, you should bring that up.

Last edited:

ArabGamer

No, the DS won't be dying for some time. They're set to release the DSi in most reasons once sales go down a bit(and it sitting at number one in system sales every month doesn't help), and then use that for several years. Don't expect a new handheld until roughly 2012 and a new Pokemon game until 2013 or later.

So, basically, if your parents won't let you/buy you two games with about five years in between, you should bring that up.

Good idea and thanks for the help :D

1ee7leader

What game can I get before I get Platinum...I'm thinking of getting a game in the next few months...can anyone recommend?

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
May I suggest The Legend Of Zelda : Twilight Princess?

Is Prince of Persia : The Two Thrones, any good compared to Prince Of Persia : Sands of Time, and Prince of Persia : Warrior Within? I recently got the new one, for Xbox 360, and it reminded me about how much I loved playing PoP =)

T2T is better then WW but not quite as good as SOT. Still, a nice game nonetheless and an enjoyable one, bit frustrating in some aspects.

To whoever want's a sword-based Wii game, I recommend AGAINST Red Steel, VERY HEAVILY. It's glitched to hell and isn't HALF as fun as it looks.

No More Heroes is a blast, but in short bursts I find. Playing continuously for too long really get's boring, especially when not on an assassination mission... Raising the funds is just... meh.

Recent Note: Picked up Infinite Undiscovery for a mere £18 (Roughly, $36, something like that), good bargain Y/N? I've read the mixed reveiws on it and it seems very much relient on the player. Some hate it, others love it, there's not much call for middle ground... I havn't had a chance to play it yet since I'm away from home for 2 weeks but yeah... Good game guys?

Would suggest The World Ends With You for anyone looking for a lengthy, addictive and massively enjoyable DS game.

BunnieRabbot91

Live Without Warning
It's my friends birthday soon and I'm struggling with what video game to get him. Could someone recommend a good beat 'em up or action adventure game for the XBOX 360 please?