• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Since the previous thread has been posted in since back in late August , Why not just start fresh here on the discussion of Nintendo's new home console called the Wii U ?

To start things off , It has been reconfirmed that it won't be till after E3 in June that they would release the system. I can actually see why that they are going to release it after E3 is that they said the final version of the console won't be shown off till E3 2012 anyways. Hope that it would look different than that one version of the Super NES like how it looked like back at E3 2011. I though however can see that it would be released in November since the past two Nintendo consoles have been released in November.

*The Wii U is an entirely new console but not a new version of the Wii
*Games that are confirmed as launch titles
Mass Effect 3
FIFA 13
MADDEN NFL 13
*Games confirmed to be released during the system's launch release window
Pikmin 3
Darksiders II
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (North America ONLY)
New Super Mario Bros U
Assassin's Creed III (rumor date also coming from the Assassin's Creed III info)
*Launch Date
North America: November 18th 2012 (rumor date from an email to a Japanese retailer) , October 31st 2012 (rumor date also coming from the Assassin's Creed III info)
Japan: November 25th 2012 (rumor date coming from an email to a Japanese retailer)
Europe: October 31st 2012 (rumor date also coming from the Assassin's Creed III info)
Australia: October 31st 2012 (rumor date also coming from the Assassin's Creed III info)
*Price
North America: N/A
Japan: N/A
Europe: N/A
Australia: N/A

FAQ will be update more when the info surfaces.

Last edited:
I dont think that I will be getting it. I got a wii and im fine with it. But if super mario galaxy 3 comes out on it i will have to reconsider

natie

Mr. F
I dont think that I will be getting it. I got a wii and im fine with it. But if super mario galaxy 3 comes out on it i will have to reconsider
See you in a year, when the Wii is dead and the WiiU gets all the games.

Torpoleon

Probably go to end up having to wait until after my birthday in 2013 and seeing how much money I have to purchase a Wii U, depending on price. Please be about $350-400, maybe $300-400.

The Wii U looks really cool and I can't wait to see what kind of games get announced at E3 2012. November doe seem like a good month to release the console. I seriously doubt we'll get all the same gaming franchises as this November to have new and big games released in November 2012. E3 2012 feels like a long time away, though hopefully times flies by really quickly.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
As cool as it looks, I probably won't be getting one either. It's likely to come out just after I go to Uni, so I won't be able to afford it, or a TV for that matter.

But I bet my brother will get one so I'll just play his during the holidays.

...Aside from like one mario game, has anything major at all been anounced for the system yet?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Super Smash Bros. discussion is banned...oh wait, never mind.

The Wii U, looks interesting. It's features are pretty interesting so far. HD graphics are nice, best to stick with what everyone else is using. I'll be getting it no matter what the price but if it come out around this time another year, even better. Not much to say.

ForeverFlame

I have a really bad feeling that Nintendo isn't doing enough to differentiate this from the Wii. People who visit gaming sites realize that the Wii U is a totally different console, but most casuals probably think that it's just a tablet expansion for the old Wii. Blame Kinect and Move for installing this into peoples' minds. Super NES was obviously an improved NES, but Wii U? Sounds like the regular Wii with a tablet controller.

It was also a problem with the 3DS. I work at EB Games, the Canadian equivalent of Gamestop, and you wouldn't believe how many idiots thought that 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 would work for the DS. I doubt this was a problem with Game Boy Advance or DS, which had a completely different name from the Game Boy line. This is why Sony always names its consoles Playstation #, and the Vita wasn't the PortableTouch or whatever.

Zibdas

not bad

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I have a really bad feeling that Nintendo isn't doing enough to differentiate this from the Wii. People who visit gaming sites realize that the Wii U is a totally different console, but most casuals probably think that it's just a tablet expansion for the old Wii. Blame Kinect and Move for installing this into peoples' minds. Super NES was obviously an improved NES, but Wii U? Sounds like the regular Wii with a tablet controller.

It was also a problem with the 3DS. I work at EB Games, the Canadian equivalent of Gamestop, and you wouldn't believe how many idiots thought that 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 would work for the DS. I doubt this was a problem with Game Boy Advance or DS, which had a completely different name from the Game Boy line. This is why Sony always names its consoles Playstation #, and the Vita wasn't the PortableTouch or whatever.
How true. Also, I want your job!

An unnamed Zelda, Pikmin 3, and the next SSB are all that I can recall.
Batman Arkham City as well. Don't own an X-Box 360 or PS3, and don't plan to, so I can't wait for it.

Shadow XD001

An unnamed Zelda, Pikmin 3, and the next SSB are all that I can recall.

Also, the Wii U is getting Darksiders II (shown at E3 2011), Batman: Arkham City, Tekken, Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon Online, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (working title), Dirt, Aliens: Colonial Marines, and Metro: Last Light (the sequel to Metro 2033).

Source

As for getting the Wii U, I might eventually. I don't want to get it at launch, so I'll wait a little awhile, especially if the launch titles aren't that good like what happened for the 3DS.

With price, it could be anywhere from $250-$400 so it will probably be somewhere in between that.

PokeMaster366

Mario Party 9 might also be on the Wii U, but I don't know. BTW, if I was looking at that new Zelda game correctly, the Wii U is going to have PS3 graphics. Imagine that; a new nintendo system with the same level of graphics as the Playstation before the newest home Playstation console.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
It's going to be a day one purchase for me anyways since that I'm going to pre-order it with the money I was originally getting a Vita with to get. Though this is going to be kinda hard to decide what launch title to get for it if it is like the 3DS coming to launch titles. It would be as good as gold that I would get Pikmin 3 as my first title for the Wii U if it is launched on the launch day of the system. Though a game like Arkham City might be my first title if it is one of the launch titles plus the fact if they are not any great first party games coming at launch just like the 3DS.

But hey , I wouldn't doubt that either Microsoft or Sony announcing the XBOX 720 or the Playstation 4 at E3 2012. Though it might be like how the XBOX 360 came out a year earlier than the PS3 and Wii if they announce their new home console this upcoming year at E3.

Chris

Old Coot
Also, the Wii U is getting Darksiders II (shown at E3 2011), Batman: Arkham City, Tekken, Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon Online, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (working title), Dirt, Aliens: Colonial Marines, and Metro: Last Light (the sequel to Metro 2033).
Actually, what you saw was footage from another platform. All third party games for the WiiU shown at E3 were from different platforms.

Also lol @ people getting excited for the WiiU port of Batman Arkham City. The WiiU won't be out until probably later this year (probably near the end). By then, the game will be nearly a year old. Hell, the game's on PC right now as well. So if you don't own a PS3 or 360, you at least have that option to get it, rather than wait nearly a year.

MonkeyX

Mario Party 9 might also be on the Wii U, but I don't know. BTW, if I was looking at that new Zelda game correctly, the Wii U is going to have PS3 graphics. Imagine that; a new nintendo system with the same level of graphics as the Playstation before the newest home Playstation console.

Nope, Mario Party 9 is coming out March 11th, so it's a wii game.

I'm really excited for Wii U, I can just tell that Nintendo is gonna have some killer games in store for us at E3. I read somewhere that Retro Studios (the devs behind metroid prime and donkey kong country returns) is making "the game that everyone wants them to make" for Wii U, Metroid Prime 4 perhaps?

Arsène

Will be getting one, but I doubt I'll have much time for it with my primary focus being shifted on work/school next year.

R_N

I'll get it eventually, probably for christmas, and it being Nintendo I already have a promissory note of 1st party games.

I do wonder if they'll try rebranding the system this e3. Maybe not a redesign, but at least a different name so that they don't get another issue like 3DS, where people thought it was just a DS but in threeee deeeees.
I'm also willing to bet that they'll learn from 3DS and not launch without a big title, so I expect New Super Mario Bros Mii to be fleshed out and made a launch title. Take no prisoners.
I'm hoping it's just $300; they probably want to continue learning from 3DS' price problems but on the other hand the system is pretty powerful so who knows.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
All I can say is Nintendo better step up their game as far as hardware, because if they remain as stubborn as they were with the Wii, Nintendo is ****ed. They were pretty much forced to release their console earlier because of Kinect and Move. Thanks to them, the Wii has nothing over the 360 and PS3 technologically. So unless they make significant improvements over the Wii, they're fighting a losing battle.

We don't even know if New Super Mario Bros. Mii is a Real game

If it's not a real game, then why was it shown at E3 2011?