1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by DaAuraWolf, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

There are no laws that say it's necessary. It's more work for them to enable it, so it stands to reason that there's no reason it would happen.

2. EpicSquirtle

EpicSquirtle No looking back

I have a question about the wii u. Can the wii u play wii games such as super smash bros brawl? Just wondering because I'm thinking of getting a wii u and I still have super smash bros brawl and a couple other wii games.

3. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Yes, you can still play Wii games on the Wii U.

4. DucksGoMooful

DucksGoMooful Evergreen tail?

However, you won't be able to play with a Gamecube controller, as the Wii U has no slots for one.

5. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

There are very little wii games one might want to play with a gamecube controller

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  6. DucksGoMooful

DucksGoMooful Evergreen tail?

^ But one of those is SSBB, which is one of the better games on Wii.

7. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

So? The Wii Classic Controller is a perfect replacement. I mean, it's kind of wireless.

8. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

And yet Mario Kart Wii gets no respect. I actually find the GCN controller better for control than the Wiimote tilted to the side.

9. arceus7

^ Well I never bought that ._.

And I really liked the Wii mote controls for Xenoblade Chronicles(that may come as a surprise lol) The Last Story and Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  10. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

I find the Wiimote and Nunchunks combo to be much better. Although I don't really play or like Mario Kart Wii due to the cheap AI always somehow winning.

11. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

It's because the Blue Shells break the game.

I've always preferred the Classic Controller, myself.

12. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Using the Wiimote for anything other than turning on the system is a big no-no.

13. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

An even bigger "no-no" than making baseless and sweeping generalizations apropos of nothing?

14. arceus7

Motion controls can actually be fun you know.
    Goldeneye 007 case in point.

15. Auraninja

Though I liked Mario Kart Wii with a GCN controller, I really thought Excitebots was a very enjoyable game with the motion controls. Now that game really used the motion controls well.

16. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

It isn't baseless. More than enough people have made it known that they dislike motion control being the main control scheme of the system.

17. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

You can add a qualifier like "sort of" or "pretty much" if you'd like. I'm flexible.

This isn't even remotely close to true. And even if it were, tough sh*t for them. The Wii U uses Wii Remotes for some titles. It's not the main input method or control scheme, no, but it's still pretty deeply ingrained in a few games. Get over it and move on.

One could completely ignore anything and everything new to the Wii U that uses such controls, but that would be cutting off one's nose to spite one's face in the worst way.

18. Auraninja

The motion control "debate/argument" reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy, specifically the spider boss. You know why that particular boss was fun. It's because of the great motion control scheme behind it.

The controls can be used right such as those in Excitebots. Now where's that darn list I made earlier?

19. arceus7

Im going to thank you for mentioning that Pyschic^

You know what I always find funny, the old time nintendo fanboys who hate all the new complicated controls but also hate motion controls. Those poor ashamed bastards XD. Cant find anything fun for them these days.

Though personally for me playing from the bathroom has been happening since SSBB came out. Playing brawl wirelessly from the bathroom XD

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  20. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

No, nay, never, no way, no how.
    It sure a heck is. Just about any game that gives the option of using either the Classic/Pro/GCN or the Wiimote/Nun have people favor the former. Sure there are some outliers like Shovelware and the first party games like Skyward Sword(Which still had control problems for a Zelda title), but you can't honestly say the people that prefer a non-motion based controller are in the minority.

I agree motion controls(Wiimote in this case) can be used right but it really hasn't been yet, or rather consistently.

Few is way better than most in this case.