1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by DaAuraWolf, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

Thought so. After all, Nintendo are currently selling repackaged Wii Remote Plus controllers in boxes that display the Wii U logo.

2. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

There are a few games on the Wii U that require Wii motes, but they do not function with with wii mote pluses apparently. Its very weird

3. O Fortuna

O Fortuna Velut luna.

That's precisely what you said.

How the hell would most of the SNES and N64 games be modified to use the Wii Remote when it doesn't have enough buttons, even if you equip the Nunchuk?

Besides, the fact they adapted a handful of GCN games to be played with motion control on the Wii doesn't do anything to change the fact it's unusable for the vast majority.

Do you have a source for that? I have not heard of any games on the WiiU not supporting Motion Plus. It's bizarre given how, as BCVM22 has stated, some of the games in NintendoLand explicitly require Motion Plus.

4. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

No, it wasn't. I said VC games could have been modded to use the Wiimote. As in, if Nintendo wanted, they could incorporate a Wiimote control scheme the same way they did with Metroid Prime 1/2.

What? Nunchuck has a analog stick, C, Z. Wiimote has D-pad, A, B, 1, 2, +, and -. That's 8 input methods assuming that + and - would be used as Start and Select and D-pad as a whole. SNES only uses 7 with the D-pad as a whole. Most N64 games don't even use both sides of the controller. So that's 9 buttons counting the Analog to the right(most common control scheme). The N64 lacks a Select button so take a + or - button and add it to the Wiimote, bringing it up 9.

Eh, fair enough for this.

5. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

... Except then they're not virtual console titles, and they have to be completely redesigned.

You can't just throw button assignments around, it does still need to make sense. The SNES for example, try playing a SNES game with a Wiimote + Nunchuk, good luck using the DPad, face buttons and then shoulder buttons comfortably. It just doesn't work.

6. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Which is why I said fair enough. Either way, GC controllers already existed for GC titles. So neither would really have to be done.

Perhaps, but most SNES games had simple controls to where a lot of games would make it work. TBH, I only remember fighting games using the full button layout. It's been a while.

7. woot21

woot21 super noob

Try playing SMW or any other SNES platformer with the Wiimote + Nunchuck. It wouldn't work, unless you made the spin jump shaking the Nunchuck. You need to be able to use one hand for the the pad, and one and for jumping, running, etc. Don't say use the control stick either, it doesn't feel as natural or comfortable, for a 2D platformer.

woot21 out dawgs

8. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

And you're still wrong - as we've stated, there are games that explicitly require MotionPlus functionality. What are you up to here?

9. arceus7

Im saying these games are in dissaray in what controllers they support and what they dont according to this article.

And of course the Wii mote plus works in general we cant play skyward sword in the Wii channel without out it and those nintendoland games but I find it weird that some of the games support general wii motes and not the pluses, which I find to be very weird so I came here to tell y'all.

10. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Nothing is in disarray. You've worked yourself into a frenzy over nothing.

Moving on.

11. arceus7

12. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

It doesn't because they didn't design it to. It's as simple as that and that has absolutely nothing to do with anything "being in disarray" or whatever it was you were just going on about.

13. arceus7

Im saying a lot of poor folks will be confused to die kingdom come, tha'ts what I was "going on about" mate.

14. woot21

woot21 super noob

15. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

You're not really saying much of anything, as long as we're being honest. Especially since every game box is marked with icons of which controllers it uses, as has been the case since the Wii was released, meaning any confusion - what tiny amount there is - can be alleviated simply by looking at the game box.

"Mate."

16. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

I think he's saying some games may not recognize Wiimotion Plus controllers. I know that the Homebrew channel on the Wii doesn't, for one.

But then he branched off into opinionsville and all that crap.

17. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

And whether a game does or doesn't is stated as such on the back of the box, with "Wii Remote Plus" next to the Remote icon, for the record.

18. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Some games have never recognized the Wii Motion Plus, some games don't need to and some were made before its creation.

19. arceus7

My point has always been that this could lead to the average consumer getting in a tissy fit over this controller business.

Oh whats this classy piece of tech

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  20. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Tell me that thing isn't a bad photoshop.