• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
We are arguing here? Oh no I was under the impression that you were just throwing completely baseless ideas at me? No wonder you're such an incorrigible prick. Make better observations, the world is glad you arent aiming to be a scientist.

Just grow the **** up cracker jack. Leave it be already. no one gives a damn what you have to say. Stop the flame-baiting and sit the hell down. You're making the lazy moderator upset.

This bullfrackery ends here.

So yes what do you guys think about this Dark Souls petition?

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
You're making the lazy moderator upset.

You're lucky the lazy admin moderator doesn't ban you for the crap you're pulling and the numerous complaints I've had about you. If you respond to this in any such way, consider yourself gone until next week.

Edit: Oh DEAR it appears one measly infraction banned him, and nothing of value was lost.

CARRY ON THEN, I am enjoying my Wii U a lot!

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Kirby, have I ever told you I love you?

In other news, I finally beat the first level of Donkey Kong's Crash Course in Nintendo Land. Now to do it again and unlock the second level.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't think there is a single poster in this thread who does not love Kirby now. That was the best thing to happen to me all week.

I think we all need to have a serious discussion about Nintendo Land. I'm sure most of us have it. I was honestly really surprised by it. Wont lie, I was expecting a silly mini-game collection, not quite what I got. I've only played the Metroid, F-Zero and Zelda games so far and they were all good. Use of the controller in the plaza itself is really cool.

BCVM22

Nintendo Land is the epitome of Nintendo's ability to make the small stuff worlds more fun than it should be. Legend of Zelda Battle Quest should not have me playing for hours on end and marveling at how they recreated the Zelda aesthetics as kitschy theme park attractions, and yet here we are.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Agreed. The Multiplayer games are amazingly fun, as are a few of the single player games.

I refuse to even try Octopus dance, though. Rhythm games and I don't mix.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Agreed. The Multiplayer games are amazingly fun, as are a few of the single player games.

I refuse to even try Octopus dance, though. Rhythm games and I don't mix.

I haven't had a chance to play with anyone else yet. I'll have to gather a few of my friends and try them out. I'd imagine that would be quite entertaining, if Nintendo's good at one thing it's definitely local multiplayer.

Icay4321

I love the way that they gave every attraction a different style that seems somehow universal. From Zelda being made from chiefly yarn and such, Metroid looking like a classic Arcade game, the awesome tinny look of Pikmin, and the silly outfits in all the competitive games, I can't get over how glorious each rendition of some of Nintendo's staple franchises look. These games can get extremely tough, too. I'm talking, like, 80's retro tier difficulty, and I love it. Like Clamps, I only recently but DKCC, but I had the happy accident of flipping off the top tier above Rosaline and landing on top of the flag to win. I still have no idea how to get on to the second to last platform. Despite being the only game I own for it, Nintendo Land has kept me effectively glued to my Wii U since I got it 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: @Hydrohs, you got that right. The games had my friends and me literally screaming at each other at the end of every match, and I loved every moment of it.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Nintendo Land really is an amazingly fun game to play. There are some I've not yet played because I don't have Motion Plus and am too poor to buy at the moment, but those I have played are brilliant.

Octopus Dance is the most addictive game in there. I lack the patience to play Takamaru's game (the name of which I don't remember currently and am too lazy to Google), but even that is great fun.

Most importantly for me, as in many games, the music is so incredible. Oh, I salivate simply thinking about the Nazo no Murasame-jo music redone as it has been.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Edit: Oh DEAR it appears one measly infraction banned him, and nothing of value was lost.
So Meta Knight > Arceus. Who knew?

As for Nintendo Land, again, I barely touch it and I just find it's there to demonstrate the tech. As for the games, they're fun but get boring quickly. Yeah, I've been more on my 3DS lately (in terms of gaming).

Recon

While I don't own NintendoLand, I've played it several times at my videogame club, and we go nuts. It's just so much fun to play. The Multiplayer games are fun everyone, even those watching. We usually trade off and there's no real arguments amongst players. I remember how long it took us to complete the Zelda Battle Quest, and then realizing we unlocked the challenge mode.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't have high expectations for Nintendo Land, but I would very much like to play a demo of it before I begin bashing the hell out of it. It's a shame the only demo the Wii U has is Rayman Legends.

Thriller

Its almost time
So what's everyone thoughts on "The U" itself? Been away for awhile and wasn't here during launch. I've been hearing on all other blogs that the Wii U has turned out to be surprisingly inferior. Not to say it won't be a smash hit, mind you. I'm sure it'll be just a smash hit with the party and casual crowd as the Wii did. This was supposed to be a successor to the Wii, right.

Now, as for the games themselves, I feel there's a lot to be desired. Nothing really catches my interest. Mario U is nothing more but another rehash of a format that never actually caught itself. All it's depended on is being a Mario game series. I'll admit, it looks gorgeous though. Too bad I don't own an HD Tv. Nintendo Land is something I have no comment. Nintendo Land represents what I dislike about the Wii.

Icay4321

The only thing I could ask for, right now, is better integration with the 3DS. Otherwise, the Wii U is a fantastic piece of hardware.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
The Amazon app is up and running. Nothing of interest in my scope but just sharing the news.

woot21

super noob
Nintendoland is loads of fun. The Mario Chase game is a blast with even just two people. Those Yoshi carts will drive you insane if you are Mario. All the games I've played in multiplayer have been a blast, and competing with my brother to see who could do better on Crash Course was great. Now if only either of us could beat the first level.

woot21 out dawgs

BCVM22

So what's everyone thoughts on "The U" itself?

Thriller. No one calls it this.

Nintendo Land represents what I dislike about the Wii.

You dislike insanely, perhaps even unexpectedly fun software that integrates nearly all facets of the system's proprietary controller and its capabilities?

The Amazon app is up and running. Nothing of interest in my scope but just sharing the news.

It and the other streaming media apps have been up for a few weeks now.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
It and the other streaming media apps have been up for a few weeks now.
Really? The rest have been doing fine but Amazon hasn't been working for me until today.