1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by DaAuraWolf, Dec 27, 2011.

1. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

Hey it sounds better than Flophead and Snowbat^

2. arceus7

Hey it sounds better than Flophead and Snowbat^

As for you JB?[video=youtube;Kt6rRNANSgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6rRNANSgI[/video]

3. O Fortuna

O Fortuna Velut luna.

Both 'cleverer' and 'more clever' and acceptable comparatives. To me, 'cleverer' sounds more appropriate than 'more clever', but perhaps it is a difference between countries, as you are American and I am Australian. Nevertheless, don't try to school me in the English language; you will never win... especially if I were to try and pick apart the grammar mistakes in your posts.

You sound like a petulant teenager.

I couldn't care less why you're annoyed with BCVM22. (Seriously, scroll up and check a name. If you are going to refer to someone by name, at least get some more info.)

So, I googled it... Old English Literature‽‽‽ The only references I could find were some very uninteresting songs based on a Rastafarian bastardisation of the term "thy Kingdom come" from the Lord's Prayer. Are you even Rastafarian yourself?

"Culture" is not one concrete thing to be learnt. There are many different cultures to learn. I try to learn about a lot of them (as I firmly believe the pursuit of knowledge is one of Man's greatest pleasures). Nevertheless, I am not going to simply learn what I can simply to parrot these things back at people in an attempt to appear cultured and sophisticated.

Honestly, you're like the kind of guy who uses the word '*****rdly' in a conversation, just so that when people misconstrue the word and take offence, you can be smug when pointing out how they clearly don't understand its meaning or etymology. I was trying to give you some friendly advice, but you seem to be content in acting the fool.

4. arceus7

I just said it was a Caribbean term so ... what do you think smartass ?

I've told you many times I'm not interested in you're advice which you decided to say wasn't advice at all(you keep contradicting yourself on so many levels), so please shut the hell up already.You're like a hamster.

And if you're giving someone advice you're supposed to be objective non judgmental and neutral in your speech. You weren't any of those three, so I have come to the conclusion you're very perceptive but also exceedingly arrogant. Why don't you have some of these purple pills, I'm sure they'll get you that perspective change you're in dire need of :eyeroll

And need I remind you that I am in fact a teenager so I dont understand what you think you are trying to prove. Just drop it already or would you prefer to be smacked like a cat who wont leave toilet paper alone?

Tsk. Tata O'Frackadoodle

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  5. O Fortuna

O Fortuna Velut luna.

tl;dr "I can't win an argument so I am throwing a tantrum and resorting to insults like "O'Frackadoodle", showing my level of intellect. I also believe hamsters can talk."

6. Kirby

Kirby ʘ‿ʘ Staff Member Admin

Can you guys stop?

7. arceus7

We are arguing here? Oh no I was under the impression that you were just throwing completely baseless ideas at me? No wonder you're such an incorrigible prick. Make better observations, the world is glad you arent aiming to be a scientist.

Just grow the **** up cracker jack. Leave it be already. no one gives a damn what you have to say. Stop the flame-baiting and sit the hell down. You're making the lazy moderator upset.

This bullfrackery ends here.

So yes what do you guys think about this Dark Souls petition?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  8. Kirby

Kirby ʘ‿ʘ Staff Member Admin

You're lucky the lazy admin moderator doesn't ban you for the crap you're pulling and the numerous complaints I've had about you. If you respond to this in any such way, consider yourself gone until next week.

Edit: Oh DEAR it appears one measly infraction banned him, and nothing of value was lost.

CARRY ON THEN, I am enjoying my Wii U a lot!

9. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Kirby, have I ever told you I love you?

In other news, I finally beat the first level of Donkey Kong's Crash Course in Nintendo Land. Now to do it again and unlock the second level.

10. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I don't think there is a single poster in this thread who does not love Kirby now. That was the best thing to happen to me all week.

I think we all need to have a serious discussion about Nintendo Land. I'm sure most of us have it. I was honestly really surprised by it. Wont lie, I was expecting a silly mini-game collection, not quite what I got. I've only played the Metroid, F-Zero and Zelda games so far and they were all good. Use of the controller in the plaza itself is really cool.

11. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Nintendo Land is the epitome of Nintendo's ability to make the small stuff worlds more fun than it should be. Legend of Zelda Battle Quest should not have me playing for hours on end and marveling at how they recreated the Zelda aesthetics as kitschy theme park attractions, and yet here we are.

12. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Agreed. The Multiplayer games are amazingly fun, as are a few of the single player games.

I refuse to even try Octopus dance, though. Rhythm games and I don't mix.

13. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I haven't had a chance to play with anyone else yet. I'll have to gather a few of my friends and try them out. I'd imagine that would be quite entertaining, if Nintendo's good at one thing it's definitely local multiplayer.

14. Icay4321

Icay4321 Well-Known Member

I love the way that they gave every attraction a different style that seems somehow universal. From Zelda being made from chiefly yarn and such, Metroid looking like a classic Arcade game, the awesome tinny look of Pikmin, and the silly outfits in all the competitive games, I can't get over how glorious each rendition of some of Nintendo's staple franchises look. These games can get extremely tough, too. I'm talking, like, 80's retro tier difficulty, and I love it. Like Clamps, I only recently but DKCC, but I had the happy accident of flipping off the top tier above Rosaline and landing on top of the flag to win. I still have no idea how to get on to the second to last platform. Despite being the only game I own for it, Nintendo Land has kept me effectively glued to my Wii U since I got it 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: @Hydrohs, you got that right. The games had my friends and me literally screaming at each other at the end of every match, and I loved every moment of it.

15. O Fortuna

O Fortuna Velut luna.

Nintendo Land really is an amazingly fun game to play. There are some I've not yet played because I don't have Motion Plus and am too poor to buy at the moment, but those I have played are brilliant.

Octopus Dance is the most addictive game in there. I lack the patience to play Takamaru's game (the name of which I don't remember currently and am too lazy to Google), but even that is great fun.

Most importantly for me, as in many games, the music is so incredible. Oh, I salivate simply thinking about the Nazo no Murasame-jo music redone as it has been.

16. Asrialys

Asrialys Well-Known Member

I was surprised at how many hours straight I spent on Donkey Kong's Crash Course and Zelda Battle Quest. I spent a significant amount of time just trying to master Level 8 of Battle Quest. I have that place pretty much burned into my memory now...

Darn spiders...

17. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

So Meta Knight > Arceus. Who knew?

As for Nintendo Land, again, I barely touch it and I just find it's there to demonstrate the tech. As for the games, they're fun but get boring quickly. Yeah, I've been more on my 3DS lately (in terms of gaming).

18. Recon

Recon 11001101011101010100

While I don't own NintendoLand, I've played it several times at my videogame club, and we go nuts. It's just so much fun to play. The Multiplayer games are fun everyone, even those watching. We usually trade off and there's no real arguments amongst players. I remember how long it took us to complete the Zelda Battle Quest, and then realizing we unlocked the challenge mode.

19. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

I don't have high expectations for Nintendo Land, but I would very much like to play a demo of it before I begin bashing the hell out of it. It's a shame the only demo the Wii U has is Rayman Legends.

20. Thriller

Thriller Its almost time

So what's everyone thoughts on "The U" itself? Been away for awhile and wasn't here during launch. I've been hearing on all other blogs that the Wii U has turned out to be surprisingly inferior. Not to say it won't be a smash hit, mind you. I'm sure it'll be just a smash hit with the party and casual crowd as the Wii did. This was supposed to be a successor to the Wii, right.

Now, as for the games themselves, I feel there's a lot to be desired. Nothing really catches my interest. Mario U is nothing more but another rehash of a format that never actually caught itself. All it's depended on is being a Mario game series. I'll admit, it looks gorgeous though. Too bad I don't own an HD Tv. Nintendo Land is something I have no comment. Nintendo Land represents what I dislike about the Wii.