• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't have high expectations for Nintendo Land, but I would very much like to play a demo of it before I begin bashing the hell out of it. It's a shame the only demo the Wii U has is Rayman Legends.

You will definitely enjoy it.

I've been hearing on all other blogs that the Wii U has turned out to be surprisingly inferior. Not to say it won't be a smash hit, mind you. I'm sure it'll be just a smash hit with the party and casual crowd as the Wii did. This was supposed to be a successor to the Wii, right.

The Wii U is on equal footing with the other two consoles right now. Who knows what will happen when the next-gen consoles come out, but for a year or two at least you're gonna have the same stuff.

Nintendo Land represents what I dislike about the Wii.

You're so wrong, play it and you'll see.

Thriller

Its almost time
If I didn't have to play Nintendo Land as a stupid "Mii" character, I'd probably not mind so much. It's just like that horrid "Bah! Bah!" thing from the NSMB series. Just a personal preference.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yes. Hulu Plus, Amazon and YouTube all went live within a week of the North American launch.
I wasn't able to use Amazon a week ago wonder what was happening there. Speaking of which, YouTube no longer works in the browser as reported from many (not that this is too much of a bad thing). Also, foreign ads!

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Not too much of a bad thing? How?

The Youtube app is horrendous, you can't even watch things on the gamepad!

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Not too much of a bad thing? How?

The Youtube app is horrendous, you can't even watch things on the gamepad!
I meant in general at least you can still watch videos but you're oh so correct. Worst of all, it doesn't show the videos of the latest channel you subscribed to. I'm missing Stan's Rants and I'm too lazy to use my laptop!

EDIT: I was able to play a YouTube video from another site. For those of you that want to test it out, here's an article from Siliconera featuring a video which is promoting the shiny Genesect that knows Extremespeed that will star in the upcoming movie. Thank goodness it got the boot to Ubers.

Last edited:

BCVM22

If I didn't have to play Nintendo Land as a stupid "Mii" character, I'd probably not mind so much.

Thriller. Is this really an issue?

And given what Nintendo Land is meant to be - an amusement park with attractions based on Nintendo franchises, a concept which includes each attraction outfitting your Mii in the game in garb appropriate for each franchise - what sort of player character would you have had them implement?

woot21

super noob
Thriller. Is this really an issue?

And given what Nintendo Land is meant to be - an amusement park with attractions based on Nintendo franchises, a concept which includes each attraction outfitting your Mii in the game in garb appropriate for each franchise - what sort of player character would you have had them implement?
The obvious answer is a Ditto, that way there would have been Pokemon representation, or Kirby, and have him inhale a hat for the franchise.

woot21 out dawgs

infernape612

Village Idiot
Just throwing my opinion out there - I'm not getting the Wii U before E3 2013. I want to see if Sony unveils the PS4 or (unlikely) Microsoft unveils the Xbox 720. If not, then the Wii U is mine all mine.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The obvious answer is a Ditto, that way there would have been Pokemon representation, or Kirby, and have him inhale a hat for the franchise.

woot21 out dawgs

Then everyone would be happy. Just kidding.

Just throwing my opinion out there - I'm not getting the Wii U before E3 2013. I want to see if Sony unveils the PS4 or (unlikely) Microsoft unveils the Xbox 720. If not, then the Wii U is mine all mine.

Even if they announce them you wont see them out for at least a year. Rumours say Microsoft's next console will arrive in time for holiday 2013, so you're looking at at least that long.

woot21

super noob
Then everyone would be happy. Just kidding.

Even if they announce them you wont see them out for at least a year. Rumours say Microsoft's next console will arrive in time for holiday 2013, so you're looking at at least that long.
So, a console that hasn't even been announced yet will be out in less than a year? That seems like bad marketing and bad planning to me.

woot21 out dawgs

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
the wiiu sucks

You're thinking of a hoover, as it's impossible for the Wii U to suck.

So, a console that hasn't even been announced yet will be out in less than a year? That seems like bad marketing and bad planning to me.

woot21 out dawgs

For Sony that's nothing new since their marketing team is virtually non-existent.

briguin

Dr. Geek
Q: There is a meh chance I will get a Wii U for Christmas. Other than Nintendo Land, are there any other good games? I'm kinda interested in Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, but...

infernape612

Village Idiot
The basic intention is to see if it would be worth waiting for the PS4 or 720. If they look like Scrappy or don't show up, I have no reason to avoid the Wii U.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Q: There is a meh chance I will get a Wii U for Christmas. Other than Nintendo Land, are there any other good games? I'm kinda interested in Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, but...

ZombiU is pretty fun, from what I've played. Nintendo Land is great though.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
The basic intention is to see if it would be worth waiting for the PS4 or 720. If they look like Scrappy or don't show up, I have no reason to avoid the Wii U.

You might be waiting a while for the PS4. Forever, almost.

Sony still hasn't started creating it, based on trends in company spending. For the PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and Vita they all had high spikes in company spending. There's been nothing since it returned to normal for the Vita.

BCVM22

You might be waiting a while for the PS4. Forever, almost.

Sony still hasn't started creating it

There's no way this is true, based both on common sense and the fact that developers have, or at least have seen, dev kits for the next Sony console. Even if those dev kits are rough equivalents - components that won't necessarily be in the system but process with similar capacity and can output comparable visuals - that doesn't happen if work hasn't started on the console yet.