• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ok. They had NSMB U and Nintendoland out at launch, right? If Mario 3D Land and Zelda had come out at launch too, they would have four games out at launch, right? Therefore, that must mean that they would have made more money when the console launched. AND they would have been working on the next games AFTER those right now.

And had they release Mario 3D Land they wouldn't have released NSMB U. Had the released a new Zelda, well that's just impossible. Skyward Sword was just finished recently.

One game has to be finished before another starts.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
One game has to be finished before another starts.

Says who? Insomniac frequently works on multiple games at once, and they have some of the best selling games on the market.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Says who? Insomniac frequently works on multiple games at once, and they have some of the best selling games on the market.

They have only 'frequently' done it very recently, and their more recent games are definitely not on the same quality level as Nintendo. Not to mention they likely have a larger team than what is typical with Nintendo. Insomniac employs about 180 people from what I can find, and based on the way Nintendo handles its studios I highly doubt they're able to fill each one with almost 200 people.

Recon

That's only one example out of how many videogame companies? If it works for them, then great. However they don't work on two games from the same franchise, do they?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Okay, will both of you quit it. The only thing I see coming out of the debate between you two is more arguing tha5 may or maynot get this thread locked.

I seriously doubt the mods are going to lock this thread, just because two people are giving constructive criticism on the company and the console in question on this topic. I don't really see us as arguing. We're just having a discussion. What I say might not always be what everyone wants to hear. But as I said before, I just tell it like it is.

Th3 gaming industry is dynamic and always changing.

You hit the nail right on the head here. The Industry IS always changing and evolving. And companies have two choices when it comes to facing these changes. They can be stuck in the past, in terms of how they're organized (in which case they'll fall further and further behind, until the point where they're no longer relevant anymore; I've seen this happen), or they can keep up with the times and realize that sometimes new blood and a restructuring can be useful when developing technology that the older members of the company might not be completely familiar with. I'm not saying to fire the older members. What I am saying is to bring in new people, and let the older members learn from them. That's all I'm saying when it comes to learning the technology.

As for the rest, here's an interesting video regarding Nintendo's image.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4KKLTEAeZA

Really, I only posted this video to say apparently I was wrong about Zelda. There IS a mainstream title other than Windwaker HD coming out at some point...

eventually...

Last edited:

BCVM22

The next time one of these YouTube videos has a point worth making and/or that can't be replicated just as capably with a few lines of text will in fact be the first time.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
The next time one of these YouTube videos has a point worth making and/or that can't be replicated just as capably with a few lines of text will in fact be the first time.

The same could be said of news articles too. That's just the way it goes when discussions related to video game consoles happen. I was merely illustrating that there is indeed a mainstream Zelda game on the way.

BCVM22

The same could be said of news articles too.

Not a bit. Do we need to list the differences between an objective news article - simple reporting of information and relevant quotations, in a written format that makes it easy for one to skim and pull out the key details in quick fashion - and a five minute YouTube video of... whomever that guy is... recording his voice and editorializing?

It's night and day. SomeDudeZeroZero of the world-famous SomeDudesVideos.net.org.com recording what he thinks of "Nintendo's image" is not news, in the slightest.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Not a bit. Do we need to list the differences between an objective news article - simple reporting of information and relevant quotations, in a written format that makes it easy for one to skim and pull out the key details in quick fashion - and a five minute YouTube video of... whomever that guy is... recording his voice and editorializing?

First, there isn't enough of a difference to warrant derailing the topic. Second, if you want to compare news articles with youtube videos, go to the debate section. Really, I just want to talk about the Wii U and Nintendo. So yes, I will post more youtube videos if they have relevant information about the Wii U, Nintendo, or games for the Wii U. That is why this is a Wii U discussion thread. It's your choice if you want to watch them or not. Nobody's forcing you to.

That said, I have another video about NINTENDO. It's not directly about the Wii U. But, it might have an impact on possible future games for the console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbKDrH6W-Rw

The reason this interests me is because if this turns out to be the case, then it is possible that Nintendo might be doing what some other major companies are doing and buying up all the third party companies they can get their hands on. It's an interesting tactic, and I look forward to seeing if this pans out for future games.

Last edited:

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
You do realize there is a reason why they'd be doing this, right? They aren't going to just buy all the third party companies they can, they'd be buying the company to protect their previous investment.

And even then, it's just speculation.

BCVM22

First, there isn't enough of a difference to warrant derailing the topic.

There's an immense difference. But okay.

Second, if you want to compare news articles with youtube videos, go to the debate section.

Gonna not, but thanks.

Really, I just want to talk about the Wii U and Nintendo.

And therein we find the problem. Posting a YouTube video - particularly when it, again, is not news and is just Schmucky McSchmuckSchmuck editorializing for five minutes - isn't actually talking about anything. It's just plopping down a steaming pile of irrelevancy and saying OKAY GUYS DISCUSS PLEASE. Do you not see how sourcing from better material, parts of which you could actually quote in the thread here, would result in considerably better discussion by a significant margin?

So yes, I will post more youtube videos if they have relevant information about the Wii U, Nintendo, or games for the Wii U. That is why this is a Wii U discussion thread. It's your choice if you want to watch them or not. Nobody's forcing you to.

A video with relevant information has yet to actually be posted. And besides that, that's why your points are so often easy to overlook. Why should someone invest their time in a discussion, debate or otherwise, when it's A. not even completely relevant and B. not even being presented in full, forcing someone to waste their time wading through a video?

If it is your preference to take the tact of "well I'm going to do this and you can't stop me nyah nyah" that's your prerogative, but it makes whatever you're saying that much more difficult to invest in. The video you just posted is a fantastic example - not only is the topic you're trying to discuss buried under minutes of YouTube sludge, but it's not even news. It's speculation. It's one guy hitting Record on his computer and saying HEY THIS IS WHAT I THINK COULD HAPPEN BASED ON NOTHING.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
There's an immense difference. But okay.

Gonna not, but thanks.

And therein we find the problem. Posting a YouTube video - particularly when it, again, is not news and is just Schmucky McSchmuckSchmuck editorializing for five minutes - isn't actually talking about anything. It's just plopping down a steaming pile of irrelevancy and saying OKAY GUYS DISCUSS PLEASE. Do you not see how sourcing from better material, parts of which you could actually quote in the thread here, would result in considerably better discussion by a significant margin?

A video with relevant information has yet to actually be posted. And besides that, that's why your points are so often easy to overlook. Why should someone invest their time in a discussion, debate or otherwise, when it's A. not even completely relevant and B. not even being presented in full, forcing someone to waste their time wading through a video?

If it is your preference to take the tact of "well I'm going to do this and you can't stop me nyah nyah" that's your prerogative, but it makes whatever you're saying that much more difficult to invest in. The video you just posted is a fantastic example - not only is the topic you're trying to discuss buried under minutes of YouTube sludge, but it's not even news. It's speculation. It's one guy hitting Record on his computer and saying HEY THIS IS WHAT I THINK COULD HAPPEN BASED ON NOTHING.

Sorry, but I'm not going to be baited into this. This will be the last time I respond to you on this topic until you decide to start talking about things related to Nintendo or the Wii U again.

You do realize there is a reason why they'd be doing this, right? They aren't going to just buy all the third party companies they can, they'd be buying the company to protect their previous investment.

That may be, but if they buy Atlus, then they have full reign over those games. That's why I find it interesting. There's a lot of potential there.

Getting back to my original point that I started with, I'm not saying that the Wii U doesn't have potential or that it won't sell. I'm just saying that if they would have released one of their big games sooner, more people would've bought the console when they had the market essentially cornered.

Last edited:

BCVM22

You mistakenly believe that responding or not responding to me validates the topic on your end. You can not respond to me all you want - it doesn't make what you're attempting to post as discussion fodder any more legitimate.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Anyway, on to something a little different, so the topic doesn't get stale. What do you folks like the most about the Wii U, and why?

Last edited:

Recon

First, there isn't enough of a difference to warrant derailing the topic. Second, if you want to compare news articles with youtube videos, go to the debate section. Really, I just want to talk about the Wii U and Nintendo. So yes, I will post more youtube videos if they have relevant information about the Wii U, Nintendo, or games for the Wii U. That is why this is a Wii U discussion thread. It's your choice if you want to watch them or not. Nobody's forcing you to.

That said, I have another video about NINTENDO. It's not directly about the Wii U. But, it might have an impact on possible future games for the console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbKDrH6W-Rw

The reason this interests me is because if this turns out to be the case, then it is possible that Nintendo might be doing what some other major companies are doing and buying up all the third party companies they can get their hands on. It's an interesting tactic, and I look forward to seeing if this pans out for future games.

Complete speculation, doesn't even have to do with the Wii U itself. And even if one small part of this is about the Wii U, it doesn't mean that this whole video is about this. This is about Nintendo as a company, and speculation on a current event.

Besides, we have an topic on this in the OVGD already.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I have to say that my favorite aspect of the Wii U (yes, there are positive things about it, lots of them), has to be the fact that it's still really big with local multiplayer. As most people here know, I prefer local multiplayer where you play against people you personally know, as opposed to online multiplayer where you play against names with no faces. You don't see that too often in games anymore. I probably play more older console games than newer ones because of this. So yeah, local multiplayer is definitely something I never want to see go away.

Last edited:

Shadow XD001

I have to say that my favorite aspect of the Wii U (yes, there are positive things about it, lots of them), has to be the fact that it's still really big with local multiplayer. As most people here know, I prefer local multiplayer where you play against people you personally know, as opposed to online multiplayer where you play against names with no faces. You don't see that too often in games anymore. I probably play more older console games than newer ones because of this. So yeah, local multiplayer is definitely something I never want to see go away.

Local multiplayer along with online multiaplyer is nice. I prefer having both. You act like we don't think there's anything positive about it. Are you talking about how the Wii U doesn't have a strong library of games yet?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I prefer local multiplayer where you play against people you personally know, as opposed to online multiplayer where you play against names with no faces.

Online multiplayer is not always like this. A big part of online multiplayer is being able to play with friends who may not live just down the street from you. While I'm definitely a fan of local multiplayer, if I had to pick one of the two I'd rather have online multiplayer. You can always play with people online, you don't always have someone close to you to play with.