1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by DaAuraWolf, Dec 27, 2011.

1. XD Mewtwo

XD Mewtwo Void#ZX0

Is there any reason why the Wii U sucks for downloading speed? My Wii U takes forever to download, The Wonderful 101 demo is over 3 hours and 30 minutes to download, my 3DS has very fast download speed compared to anything my Wii U does.

2. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

Dunno what to tell you, W101 only took a couple minutes for me. It's definitely not all Wii U's.

3. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

It's definitely circumstantial, as with anything network based. Load was high at the time you were trying to download, so you were downloading slower. Or, you're underestimating the size of a Wii U game/demo vs that of the 3DS. 3DS games and demos are much smaller.

4. TheFonz

TheFonz Pokemon Semi-Master

So I went to GameStop today to get New Super Luigi U and they ran out. The clerk said with any Nintendo stuff recently that they only get as many shipments for about as many preorders they receive. For example, they received 28 preorders for Mario & Luigi Dream Team so they only got 30 copies on release day.

This was surprising for me so I immediately preordered and paid for Pokémon X and Y in full(and got the awesome poster haha). So my question is, have any of you encountered something like this? I was always used to there always being a bunch of copies of anything near me but I guess they're changing things up now. Would this have anything to do with digital sales or rising costs of anything? Or is this most likely me just being clueless and this is how it has been for a while?

5. Recon

Recon 11001101011101010100

It was like that with Pokemon Conquest for the store near me. They only had two extra copies. However with big release games, they're more likely to get in a much larger extra shipment.

6. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Neither. The answer is best summarized thusly:

New Super Luigi U is downloadable given a very limited run as a physical release. Pokémon Conquest was a niche title, in as much as anything with a genuine Pokémon affiliation can be niche. Such supply shortages don't affect the much bigger name releases, is all.

7. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

That's not entirely true, either. The Gamestop I usually go to had like 3 physical retail copies of both Pikmin 3 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf the first day. The Pikmin 3 stuff sold out in 20 minutes, while the New Leaf stuff probably sold out in an hour. I dunno about you, but 3 copies for a game on release date for either one of those doesn't seem right

8. grovyle1997

grovyle1997 Well-Known Member

It happened to me with Fire Emblem: Awakening. I went to the shop and they only had one copy left and behind me was someone who also wanted that game. I was very lucky.

9. Hydrohs

That had other circumstances surrounding it's limited stock.

10. The Trend

The Trend Banned

What about Mario and Luigi: Dream Team? The store had limited supply of that game, yet they had lots of Pikmin 3.

11. TheFonz

NSLU I can understand, but the clerk said Nintendo has been doing it with any games, including what Eternal Darkness said about Pikmin 3 and Animal Crossing. Or by big release did you mean only the huge games like Mario, Pokémon, Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros, etc?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  12. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Yeah, like nearly 80% of all copies going to Gamestops in Brazil. And the other 20% getting released early. In Canada.

13. Hydrohs

That was only one store, which screwed over everyone else pretty well.

14. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Which? The Brazilian part or the Canadian part?

15. Hydrohs

Canadian part.

16. Recon

Recon 11001101011101010100

17. hawkeye721

hawkeye721 なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!

Probably some GC and N64 games

18. The Trend

The Trend Banned

The Trend doubts that there will be ambassador titles this time. The price drop is only by 50.

19. Hydrohs

Doubtful. Not only is the price drop of lower value, it's also a lower percentage of the previous cost.

20. TheFonz

I think the we pretty much got a Wii U ambassador program with those 30 cent sales. Maybe they'll do something else as thanks, but most likely not