• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

R_N

I have a question about data. If I own the retail version of a game and then buy the digital version, will I still be able to play the data I had on the retail version when I start up the digital version?

my understanding is they're separate

the 3ds does have a tool to transfer saved data but the wii u doesnt i dont htink

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The NES is back...but smaller!

Here's the full list of games included:

Balloon Fight
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
FINAL FANTASY
Galaga
GHOSTS 'N GOBLINS
GRADIUS
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
MEGA MAN 2
Metroid
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
SUPER C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Last edited:

Genos

TTYD
Wow, that's unexpected.

No Contra tho

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
The NES is back...but smaller!

Here's the full list of games included:

Balloon Fight
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
FINAL FANTASY
Galaga
GHOSTS 'N GOBLINS
GRADIUS
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
MEGA MAN 2
Metroid
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
SUPER C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

You know the controller ports look very similar to most Wii and Wii U owners.. A Wii Mote's plug port! And it's confirmed for Europe as well.. for 11/11 as well, with the same games. https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Ni...ni-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1124287.html I says I can use a Wii Classic controller for a controller!. I think some Wii and Wii U games can now be played with a NES pad, which they don't state.

BCVM22

I wonder if that's the NX.

Absolutely. Nintendo sure was right about "a new way to play" and all that.

So is it basically just a mini VC emulator or something?

It's a hard-wired emulator box with thirty built-in games, native original controllers, a limited degree of connectivity with current controllers and vice versa, and current television connectivity. If it's not for you, it's not for you, but for what it is, I think we can appreciate that.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
$60 seems like a decent price for this thing. Good to see 3rd parties on board with it.

I'm curious about the hardware they're using and the interface. Hopefully, it'll exclude the darkening effect on the VC.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's a hard-wired emulator box with thirty built-in games, native original controllers, a limited degree of connectivity with current controllers and vice versa, and current television connectivity. If it's not for you, it's not for you, but for what it is, I think we can appreciate that.

While I don't need the thing, as a collector I'll buy it anyway. Looks neat.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I want this thing to do well just so Nintendo will see it as a profitable business venture, and maybe release external hard drives with another set of NES games stored in the files that can connect to the system in some way. I want some RC Pro-AM, Tetris, and Othello. Maybe they could get Disney on a second go around and have them and Capcom release those Disney NES games like Talespin and Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers and Little Mermaid.

And of course contemplate ideas for a potential SNES Mini in a few fiscal years, if not quarters. Imagine Nintendo negotiating with Square Enix to package a SNES Mini with FFIV, Secret of Mana, and Chrono Trigger. Instant seller.

Pokemon Power

I want this thing to do well just so Nintendo will see it as a profitable business venture, and maybe release external hard drives with another set of NES games stored in the files that can connect to the system in some way. I want some RC Pro-AM, Tetris, and Othello. Maybe they could get Disney on a second go around and have them and Capcom release those Disney NES games like Talespin and Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers and Little Mermaid.

And of course contemplate ideas for a potential SNES Mini in a few fiscal years, if not quarters. Imagine Nintendo negotiating with Square Enix to package a SNES Mini with FFIV, Secret of Mana, and Chrono Trigger. Instant seller.

Only if they manage to get them on the Virtual Console as well, I'm looking to play the N64 classic, Mickey's Speedway USA on my Gamepad.

BCVM22

and maybe release external hard drives with another set of NES games stored in the files that can connect to the system in some way.

This thing has no external data connections of any sort. HDMI for output, A/C for power, connectors for controllers. That's it. What you see is what it will be in perpetuity.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07...console-games?abthid=578828a95918f0b74800000b

Certain of the "hardcore" set have already taken to scoffing at it for being no frills ("No internet is dumb! My old cartridges won't work?!") but make no mistake, this thing is going to sell in very healthy numbers.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The NES mini actually has a great line-up, with Nintendo's most well known such as Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, and Metroid, but the third party games such as Mega Man 2 and Castlevania are also neat.

I think this is actually a good idea for Nintendo. I feel like it's a way to keep their momentum while raising publicity (even though not all NES mini owners will have NX and vice versa).

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
UK is branding this as Nintendo Classic Mini: NES, NA is branding it as NES Classic Edition.

Note the new logo at the bottom of the NA page. Are they leaving the door open for Nintendo Classic Mini: SNES/SNES Classic Edition, or are we looking at a one-off that's only here to fill an otherwise dead Holiday 2016?

If you're referring to the "Classics" logo then I'm sure it's just going to be used to denote the system and accessories. Whether they make more or not can't be gauged by this alone.

I think the most important thing to take away from this release is that these new controllers are a fantastic way to replace the buttons and casing on any broken or terribly dirty NES controllers with official Nintendo plastic.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Man, the calendar for the Wii U VC releases is a total mystery. I wish they'd release Mario Kart 64 already. The rest of the world has it.